• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change product image size.

illumma

In admin/configuration/images You can set the pixel size

Thanks for your reply I know that, I want to change the image size of the product when they click on the item I want the image to be bigger. I've tried admin and changed the image size it changes the size in new products as well which I don't want it to do.

Thanks for your reply I know that, I want to change the image size of the product when they click on the item I want the image to be bigger. I've tried admin and changed the image size it changes the size in new products as well which I don't want it to do.

You should use large images for products along with a thumbnailer (see the contributions there are many) Then for each script where you need to different dimensions you need to have a different set for width/height. The stock osc uses the same dimensions. You can change that. If you open your products_new.php for example and search for this:

SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT

you can change those to

And to have control from the admin you need to insert a new set of dimensions for image sizes you want to support for the different scripts. Then you won't have to hard-code values.

The thumnailer will resize the image automatically to the predefined dimensions keeping the aspect ratio so you do not need to use an image processing external application which only complicates things.

• 1 month later...
Thanks enigma1 I found one contribution which does exactly what I want. Cheers mate :)

Please could you let us know which contribution was helpful? I have been looking for a contribution that will enlarge my pop up image - it is loadedon the server as 500 x 331 and I have set it on the product_info page as 360 x 240 - the pop up image will not display the larger image

Please could you let us know which contribution was helpful? I have been looking for a contribution that will enlarge my pop up image - it is loadedon the server as 500 x 331 and I have set it on the product_info page as 360 x 240 - the pop up image will not display the larger image

I am using this one

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5029

includes the otf thumbnailer moded and mainly supports cacheing of html and images on the browser's end. You could use just the thumbnailer part of course.

• 1 year later...

SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2

multiply *2 * 3 * 1.5..what ever you want

best way I think, set the proportion increase on what you want, little else to do,

cheers

Edited by rusty1001

Rusty

-------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...
SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2

multiply *2 * 3 * 1.5..what ever you want

best way I think, set the proportion increase on what you want, little else to do,

cheers

Hi,

I very new to oscommerce, very cool thing you guys got going here. I installed a template from template monster and everything seems to be working ok except for when i create a new product listing the it doesnt give me an option to change the size. I went to configuration for products and there are options to enable model, color, etc but nothing for size, but it is listed as an option in product attributes. could you please help or point me in the right direction, tried googling it but only found answers beyond my knowledge.

thanks in advance

• 2 years later...

how do you change image size in special product??i want smaller picture than others....

untitled1.png

and secon question....iwant to add : click for more information above all pictures, like CLA 1000mg

sorry about my english..

Edited by fr1234