• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

restore my backup

SPG Music

Just FTP your backup to your site. Your FTP program should ask if you want to overwrite the files, just select yes. That's all there is to it.

To restore the database just goto phpMyAdmin and select your database, select the SQL tab, and then upload your database backup.

Restores are not performed from within the osCommerce admin section.

I take it you are trying to restore your database and not the files for osCommerce. First, did you make a backup of your database to restore from? Next, you will need access to phpMyAdmin or some other mySQL management tool. If you aren't sure about this contact your webhost as it should be available from their control panel. When you open phpMyAdmin select your database. Depending on how you made your backup you will either have "DROP TABLE" commands in the file or not. Preferably you have the drop tables in there, but if not just drop all the tables from your database using phpMyAdmin. If you do have the DROP TABLES commands in your backup file (you can check by opening it with any text editor), or once you have dropped all the tables, click the SQL tab. From there you will see 2 things. First, is a box to enter a sql query. Second is a box to upload a file. That is what you want. Click browse and select your file from your harddrive. Click GO. Assuming no errors, you are done. Your backup has been restored.

click the SQL tab. From there you will see 2 things. First, is a box to enter a sql query. Second is a box to upload a file. That is what you want. Click browse and select your file from your harddrive. Click GO. Assuming no errors, you are done. Your backup has been restored.

See the SQL tab at the top of the screenshot you just posted. Click it.

when i imported it ,

SQL query:

INSERT INTO countries( countries_id, countries_name, countries_iso_

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

i get the same error i dropped the tables i got

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Archived