• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integrate OSCommerce Into Existing Website???

Thumdar

Can OSCommerce be plugged into an existing website? And if so, does it make any sense to do so? Is it a good idea or a bad idea? I have set up a clients website using a template but now we need to incorporate a shopping cart into it so that he may add content as needed. The template has a basic shopping cart included but it's static.

http://usaguitarsource.com

The website hasn't been officially launched so, would it be best to just eat the cost we paid for the template and start fresh with OSCommerce?

Thoughts?

You can add a link from your html site to the oscomerce shop. Many sites operate this way. It is not the best way to do it since the two sites are not really related in any way other than that link and it will most likely cause session ID problems. The best solution is to just use oscommerce as the complete shop.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You can add a link from your html site to the oscomerce shop. Many sites operate this way. It is not the best way to do it since the two sites are not really related in any way other than that link and it will most likely cause session ID problems. The best solution is to just use oscommerce as the complete shop.

Jack

Thanks Jack, that's pretty much what I expected someone would say.

Archived