• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Mail to customers that didn't checkout

compuskill

Hi,

I am looking for a way to send automatic emails to customers that have created an account and who have put stuff into the shopping cart but haven't checked out. So basically, it is a script that asks possible customers if they have had any problems or questions. Does something like that already exist? With language support?

Thx guys,

compuskill

Uhm... or can someone help me with the syntax for the mysql query? The database would have to be modified either way to mark which

customers have already received such a mail, for example in the table "customers_basket": Reminder sent? Y or N

It would have to work like this:

1) What is the email address of the customers that have stuff in their shopping cart whose reminer sent value is N

2) Send a mail to these customers

3) The shopping cart reminder has to be switched to Y.

For 1)

$strSQL="SELECT customers_email_address  FROM customers INNER JOIN customers_id ON customers.customers_id = customers_basket.customers_id 

WHERE customers_basekt.reminder="N"; 
		$Erg=mysql_query($strSQL);
		while ($Zeile=mysql_fetch_array($Erg))
		{
		echo "<option value=\"$Zeile[0]\">$Zeile[0]</option>";
		}

For 2)

<?php
$sender = "my_name";
$sendermail = "my@email_address.com";  
$recipient = "how do I enter all found email addresses?";
$subject = "PHP ist toll";
$text = "Dear Madam or Sir, bla bla, have you faced any problems while ordering? Do you need any help or advice? If so, send us a message 

to $sendermail.";
mail($recipient, $subject, $text,
     "From: $sender <$sendermail>");
 ?>

For 3)

var $page_types = array(
		'Y' => 'sent',
		'N' => 'unsent',
);
???

not so good at php :-(

Hi,

I am looking for a way to send automatic emails to customers that have created an account and who have put stuff into the shopping cart but haven't checked out. So basically, it is a script that asks possible customers if they have had any problems or questions. Does something like that already exist? With language support?

Thx guys,

compuskill

Check the recover cart sales module

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1688

Archived