• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I count the available options for the color attribute and have it displayed?

nuclearsummer1

How can I count the available options for the color attribute for a given product and have it displayed under the product thumbnails on the search results page and other places where you see the preview thumbnail.

It already shows dropdown box with the available colors on the product info page. (that's the end page)

It should be something like this "Available in 3 Colors", "Available in 6 Colors" etc. etc. Any help is very much appreciated. I know some PHP and MySQL so, you can get a bit technical with me.

**Boy the are some many forums, it's hard to be a valued member at each forum :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A "Short Descriptions" Contribution may work for you. I don't know which one is best:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...mp;category=all

Some add an extra field so you can add what you want to appear in the short description, some pick up part of the description you enter in Product create/edit.

I hope this helps.

jon

It's all just ones and zeros....

I will give it a try, I does exactly what I want to do but only with the description thing. I'll try to look at the code and see, what I can come up with. Thanx - I'll post back later.

A "Short Descriptions" Contribution may work for you. I don't know which one is best:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...mp;category=all

Some add an extra field so you can add what you want to appear in the short description, some pick up part of the description you enter in Product create/edit.

I hope this helps.

jon

Actually, I want to show the total color available (e.g, for white and black there is display (2) ) in product list page along

with the product name and price .....and i use the attributes of that product like (color and size) on the product detailed

(description) page ......as i upload the screen shots for clear understanding of my query ......THE PROBLEM i face is that on

the Product List page when display the AVAILABLE COLORS (it counts all the Attributes like color and size ) but i want only

total color available for that product like 2 or 4 etc.

please see the attached SCREENSHOTS....

productlistpagemn0.png

pdoductdetailpagean2.png

................................................................................

and also please give me any tip for displaying the Big Categories dropdown list ( see screenshot ) as i draw the Big Text Field using CSS. Thanks

showbigcategoriesnx7.png

................................................................................

Please Help Me guys...i am waiting your responses.

Thanks for your time.

Ha. You didn't say, at first, you wanted this to tie in with your inventory counts... Mmmm... I wonder if the the Master/Slave Contribution would work for you. You see, unless someone has a better idea, if you want to track the inventories of a product that comes in different colours, then it the different colours must be "products".

The master is the super, the slaves are the super (white), stock=2; super (black), stock=3, etc. Am I addressing your question properly?

jon

It's all just ones and zeros....

I am sorry I did not describe my problem in a better way. So here goes Jon:

Some products have different colors, and sizes as attributes. Currently there is no way for a customer to see that a product is available in different colors or for that matter different sizes - before actually seeing the product_info.php page (the end page, with all the product details etc.)

What I want is a way to display that information before-hand, not in a drop down type of box from which you can select- but just a text description with the available options (e.g. Available in 4 Colors). So if a product comes in Black and White, it should query the color attribute and count Black and White as 2 options and include it in the different listings on website. That's the grand-goal, LOL!

I have it working somewhat now, It counts the total number of options a given attribute has correctly if the product has only 1 attribute attached to it. But if a product has more than 1 attribute say: Color and Size it counts the total number of options for both attributes and not just for the attribute Color. Basically I just want the options available in the Color attribute counted and displayed in the listings along the preview thumbnails.

Thanks for your reply!

Should I post the code I have written, that has it working somewhat?

Ha. You didn't say, at first, you wanted this to tie in with your inventory counts... Mmmm... I wonder if the the Master/Slave Contribution would work for you. You see, unless someone has a better idea, if you want to track the inventories of a product that comes in different colours, then it the different colours must be "products".

The master is the super, the slaves are the super (white), stock=2; super (black), stock=3, etc. Am I addressing your question properly?

jon

I want your help boys ...

I want to display aditional information AVAILABLE COLORS

(count total available colours...its works fine with one attribute but with multiple attribute not count correct....its counts the other attibutes too but i wana only colour attributeto count)

in the product list page.

Advanced Thanks for your cooperation.

Archived