• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact customer that has not sent the order

compuskill

Hi,

I have several customers that come to my shop, add some products to their shopping carts, create a customer account and leave without ordering. I am now looking for a way to send automated emails to customers that leave the shop still having a product in the shopping cart, just like 'You have left without ordering, is there something wrong, please send us a short feedback to help us improve our services, bla bla, etc.' This should also be compatible with several languages.

A mysql query could check whose shopping carts still contain products, look up the customer's email address, check if an email to that customer has already been sent, and if not, send one with a standard text including the product(s) in the shopping cart.

This script could either be executed by a click in the admin section or fully automated by a cronjob.

I don't know if something like this already exists. If so, I have not found it in the contrib section. Any suggestions or advices? Thx in advance. ;)

Hi,

I have several customers that come to my shop, add some products to their shopping carts, create a customer account and leave without ordering. I am now looking for a way to send automated emails to customers that leave the shop still having a product in the shopping cart, just like 'You have left without ordering, is there something wrong, please send us a short feedback to help us improve our services, bla bla, etc.' This should also be compatible with several languages.

A mysql query could check whose shopping carts still contain products, look up the customer's email address, check if an email to that customer has already been sent, and if not, send one with a standard text including the product(s) in the shopping cart.

This script could either be executed by a click in the admin section or fully automated by a cronjob.

I don't know if something like this already exists. If so, I have not found it in the contrib section. Any suggestions or advices? Thx in advance. ;)

Never mind, I found a contrib with the help of enigma1:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67701