• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Corrupted osCommerce

TAC_CIO

Hello,

On March 16th, 2007 at 10:00 PM EDT my hosting company, Dot5Hosting, MySQL Database Server Crashed. My store has been down ever since. My Problem is that All my Data is there, I have 808 items in my catalog; but my Admin is missing all the Payment Modules. I get error messages - Warning: session_start(): open(tmp/sess_804575f99d2f964a3114ecd283ce160f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67 Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67. It also appears that osCommerce is not pointing to the correct paths on my server. I get Warning: dir(/home/.sites/84/site107/web/catalog/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 178 Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 179File Manager. I have uninstalled and re-installed OsCommerce from their server and I am still getting the same errors. This tells me that their copy of osCommerce is corrupted. How do I resolve this problem? Can I resolve it by uploading a backup copy of my catalog from before the Server Crash? I need to have my store fully restored and functioning ASAPINS.

Mark

It would be extraordinary for me that restoring a site would take more than one hr once the server returns to its original state, let alone over 10 days! If I were you, first thing I would do is restore your backup copy. If that doesn't work and you are sure your copy is in good working order, then there may be something wrong on the server eg some server settings may have been changed when your host rebuild the server.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

It would be extraordinary for me that restoring a site would take more than one hr once the server returns to its original state, let alone over 10 days! If I were you, first thing I would do is restore your backup copy. If that doesn't work and you are sure your copy is in good working order, then there may be something wrong on the server eg some server settings may have been changed when your host rebuild the server.

Ken

The problem is trying to convince their support it is a serve problem. I am being told I must manage my own store. The store was up 5 minutes before the Server Crash. I was walking a client through purchasing something. They did have to move my account to another server. Could that have caused the corrupted osCommerce?

Archived