• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Link Text font color etc

Brunswick

Hi,

I have searched high and low for some straightforward instructions on changing the font appearance in the "categories" box. I'm very familliar with altering a style sheet to achieve this in HTML but I'm completely at a loss for the correct steps to do this in the osCommerce (PHP) world.

Specifically I want to change the font of the links to bold and to change the color from 'basic' black to something else.

Please help me out before I go completely nuts. :'(

Thank you,

-Hank

I changed mine inline in catelog/includes/boxes/categories.php

Around line 30 I changed mine like this:

if (isset($cPath_array) && in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) {
  $categories_string .= '<b><font size="2px">';
}

// display category name
$categories_string .= $tree[$counter]['name'];

$categories_string .= '</font></b>';
}

You can change font size to font color etc..

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

I changed mine inline in catelog/includes/boxes/categories.php

Around line 30 I changed mine like this:

$categories_string .= '<b><font size="2px">';
}

// display category name
$categories_string .= $tree[$counter]['name'];

$categories_string .= '</font></b>';
}

You can change font size to font color etc..

Thank you for your input.

Absolutely delightful idea! Did a copy and paste to the code in question. Didn't notice any change. With a pixel size of 2 it should have almost made the text disappear. Substituted color for size. Still no effect noted. Did all the good stuff like multiple page refresh etc. What am I missing? BTW what does the <b></b> (bold) apply to?

-Hank :blink:

Hello,

I'm totally new to oscommerce and know nothing yet about php. However, this document has some info on changing fonts. It may or may not be relevant.

http://tep.sourceforge.net/releases/oscomm...2ms2-051112.pdf

Sincerely,

Ron Frazier

Cumming, GA (Atlanta)

Hi Ron,

Welcome to osCommerce. It is potentially a great resource but getting answers to some basic questions seems a little hard sometimes. The PDF documentation file covers a lot of the configuration issues as does the Knowledge Base and of course this forum. Part of the problem is the fact that the search engine on the site returns a large number of irrelevant posts even when you pose a very specific question.

Anyway, on what page in the documentation PDF did you find the reference?

Best,

-Hank

What am I missing? BTW what does the <b></b> (bold) apply to?

It should apply to the category name when it is the current category

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Hi Ron,

Welcome to osCommerce. It is potentially a great resource but getting answers to some basic questions seems a little hard sometimes. The PDF documentation file covers a lot of the configuration issues as does the Knowledge Base and of course this forum. Part of the problem is the fact that the search engine on the site returns a large number of irrelevant posts even when you pose a very specific question.

Anyway, on what page in the documentation PDF did you find the reference?

Best,

-Hank

Hank,

Thanks for the link to the knowledge base. I reviewed the document again and I can't find anything exactly about fonts. However, you can find data on boxes and text on the following pages: 29, 32, 35, 36, 38, 42, 46, 47, 50, 97, 99. Again this may not be exactly relevant.

Sincerely,

Ron Frazier

Cumming, GA (Atlanta)

Hank,

Thanks for the link to the knowledge base. I reviewed the document again and I can't find anything exactly about fonts. However, you can find data on boxes and text on the following pages: 29, 32, 35, 36, 38, 42, 46, 47, 50, 97, 99. Again this may not be exactly relevant.

Sincerely,

Ron Frazier

Cumming, GA (Atlanta)

Hi Ron,

I've been working my way through all the references you listed and they've given me lot's of useful tips on a number of issues. I'm currently working on a suggestion presented on another thread which may solve my Categories box issue (or not), but I do appreciate all the work you did on my behalf. When I get a chance to try some of this stuff I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

-Hank :thumbsup:

Archived