• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /osc/catalog/admin/configuration.php

riekeltkeuter

Hello, I'm new to OsCommerce, have just installed the latest package.

I'm getting this error when editing any function in the admin area:

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /osc/catalog/admin/configuration.php

I searched these nice forums but I only get results that handle shipping.

Also my layout is screwed up (only text) in the home directory, the admin section is just fine.

I am running the XAMPP package on a Windows XP (service pack 1) machine.

PHP Version 5.2.1 Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.1

MySQL Support 5.0.33

Thanx in advance!

well basically I think that you have messed up something in your includes/configure.php so that your styles and images are not loaded, I suggest that you search the forum because there a lot of answers about this..

well basically I think that you have messed up something in your includes/configure.php so that your styles and images are not loaded, I suggest that you search the forum because there a lot of answers about this..

Hi again. I Don't know what windows does sometimes, but I extracted the archive directly to my htdocs directory because I noticed that I couldn't change the permissions with WSFTP (It looked like it was adjusting permissions but it was actually giving only error messages).

So unrarring directly to the htdocs directory was the answer, first time I've extracted the archive somewhere in my download directory and copied it from there to my htdocs directory. I don't know why but by doing that, permissions couldn't be changed.

Now everything works just fine!

Thanx & Greetings

Archived