• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multipule logins - different products / prices - help

I have a client who is a wedding Photographer who wants a store set up for the weddings he shots. easy enough

But.

1. Have it so taht each user can ONLY view and purchase there own photos, but with multipule logins (members of family)

2. For him to be able to add products/groups himself through admin.

I have looked at a few contribution , Multi store, SPPC, ect but not sure which way is the best.

any ideas :blink: >_<

Edited by paceadvertisng

Howdy,

1. Have it so taht each user can ONLY view and purchase there own photos, but with multipule logins (members of family)

Yep, there is a contrib that will help with this. The store functions as normal BUT when a user logs in they will have an extra category containing photos from their event (e.g. wedding) that no-one else will be able to see.

The contrib is called "Custom Products". Just do a search under Contributions on the OSCommerce site.

This is something I've been meaning to do for a while but never got around to it. It's easy to do it one by one but the problem is it will require quite a bit of coding to allow the photographer to upload a batch of photos :(

I'm going to look into though as I've got an opportunity to develop for a wedding photographer. If it works I'll post the code.

Trev

I have a client who is a wedding Photographer who wants a store set up for the weddings he shots. easy enough

But.

I have looked at a few contribution , Multi store, SPPC, ect but not sure which way is the best.

You could use the combination SPPC and Hide products (and categories) from customers groups for SPPC. The last contribution uses in the query to determine if a product or category (pictures from a specific wedding) should be hidden with: and find_in_set('" . $customer_group_id . "', categories_hide_from_groups) = 0"). In this case you could use: and find_in_set('" . $customer_group_id . "', categories_hide_from_groups) > 0") so only (a) specific customer group(s) (family members of the wedded couple + admin?) would be able to see and buy products from that category.