• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Permission denied on uploading images

Is there a workaround for uploading images for products? I get a 'permission denied' error from my webspace.

I thought I could simply put the images in the /images folder manually but apparantly, since the operation failed, the product and image arent tied to one another :(

Is there a workaround for uploading images for products? I get a 'permission denied' error from my webspace.

I thought I could simply put the images in the /images folder manually but apparantly, since the operation failed, the product and image arent tied to one another :(

Set the images directory to writeable, you can do this through your file manager interface from your hosting company or a FTP program like Filezilla

Well, I THOUGHT changing the attributes would work when I did it through FTP ( i use SmartFTP ) but even though they seemed to have changed to 777, i still cant upload :(

I have no way to do that through a control panel on my hosts site :(...makes me wish my server was still running :( Got too expensive though.

btw, here's the error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(***/shop/images/ReefAdvCalcium.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in ***\shop\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 91

I've replace the actual path with *** for security reasons

btw, here's the error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(***/shop/images/ReefAdvCalcium.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in ***\shop\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 91

I've replace the actual path with *** for security reasons

There have been a couple of times with a few hosts that I have had to do it through their control panel (cpanel, plesk etc...)

My reccomendation would be to log into your hosts control panel and try to find the file manager that would allow you to change the permissions from there.

There have been a couple of times with a few hosts that I have had to do it through their control panel (cpanel, plesk etc...)

My reccomendation would be to log into your hosts control panel and try to find the file manager that would allow you to change the permissions from there.

I appreciate that ;) At least I know it might be a permissions problem on the server now :D I've searched all over my control panel but they don't seem to have a way to alter that :(

Could be cause I'm using the cheapest hosting available LOL....This might be a reason for me to switch over to Linux hmmmmm

Found iT! Ther was a way to do it in the hosts control panel ;)

Unfortunately, I have to authenticate myself with every upload ( twice actually )

Thanks for the help :D

Archived