• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS 4.4 and HTC 2.6.2 Help

I am having a problem getting HTC 2.6.2 to work properly with STS 4.4 on or off.

I discovered the $applicationtop2header placeholder for sts when I ran /index.php?sts_debug=debug.

I replaced $headcontent with $applicationtop2header in my STS template.

$sts->template['applicationtop2header']<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>

<title>The Blackberry Patch</title>
<meta name="Description" content="" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

<base href="http://www.theblackberrypatch.com/">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->

Now I have the Meta Tags in my pages, but it will only show the DEFAULT settings in Admin / Header Tags / Text Control

http://www.theblackberrypatch.com/

Thank you so much!

Karl

Karl,

You need to have the headcontent tag in the <head> section of each template or several things in STS will not work.

Also: Be sure you configured STS in the admin so that it picks up your Header Tags.

For example:

For the default module, you have a parameter named “Files for normal template”. By default it contains only “sts_user_code.php”. If you modify this parameter to “sts_user_code.php;headertags.php”, you will have Header Tags Controller working for all of the pages using the default template. Do the same for the other modules below.

For the index module, the parameter is called “Files for index.php template”.

For “product_info module”, there are 2 parameters:

“Files for normal template”

“Files for content template”.

Configure Header Tags Controller to populate your meta tag information:

Go to admin->Header Tags->Fill Tags, click on Fill All for Categories, Manufacturers and Products and then click update. This will auto fill your title, meta description and meta keywords for all existing categories, manufacturers and products.

When adding products or categories to your store, you will see new forms for the input of meta data that will be used by HTC.

If you want to use the new infobox that HTCv2.6.2 creates, then you will have to create a STS tag for it just as you would for any custom infobox additions to your site.

NOTE: Please notice the links in my signature below to the official STSv4 Forum and the Simple Template System (prior to v4) forum.

Hope this helped,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE