• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Get 1 Free

kymation

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this contribution. Just a couple questions. In the admin , after you set the max number of free items, it asks for the number of free products. If I put in 2, it still shows only one free item. I have an application where if you buy a certain quantity you get 2 free. Also even if you have say, buy 2 get 1 free and you purchase a qty of 6, it still shows only 1 free. Any way to tweak this to be able to set the qty of each item free. so you could offer buy 12 get 2 free and it would keep adding multiples of free items instead of having to repurchase just the minimum qty to get a certain number free. Also one more question. Some items I have require a core charge until the old item is returned. I have been trying to find a contribution, similar to this one, where when a product was purchased, I could manually enter a secondary item show up in the cart for a seperate charge. For example. If someone bought a car battery for 50.00 there would be an additional core charge of 5.00. when they returned their old one, they would get a 5.00 credit back. So in the cart it would have the battery listed at 50.00 and underneath, just like the get one free, it would say "battery core charge" and a 5.00 charge. If you have any suggestions on the latter, I would appreciate it. I am not proficient at PHP enough to write my own programs. Thanks.

The number of free products works for me, so I don't know why yours is not working. Perhaps some other Contribution is interfering?

I have no idea where to find something like your core charge mod either. Maybe you could include it in the price of the battery and issue the customer a coupon when you get the core back.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The number of free products works for me, so I don't know why yours is not working. Perhaps some other Contribution is interfering?

I have no idea where to find something like your core charge mod either. Maybe you could include it in the price of the battery and issue the customer a coupon when you get the core back.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

I did the add on on a fresh install of OScommerce. I did get the free quantities to change in multiples of the ordered item. i.e. buy 5 get 1 free would change to 2 free items if ordered in qty of 10. But when I set an item to buy 5 get 2 free, I am still only getting a free qty of 1 showing up in the cart, even though the heading says buy 5 get 2 free. Can you check on your end and see if this is happenning to you?

Thanks

You're right. I couod swear that that bug was fixed, but there it is, staring me in the face.

Find this around lines 487-489 of catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:

// Return an array of free product values
		$output = array ( 'id' => $get_1_free['products_free_id'],
						  'quantity' => $free_quantity,

and change that last line to:

'quantity' => $free_quantity * $get_1_free['products_free_quantity'],

That should now work correctly. At least it does on my test store.

Regards

Jim

You're right. I couod swear that that bug was fixed, but there it is, staring me in the face.

Find this around lines 487-489 of catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:

// Return an array of free product values
		$output = array ( 'id' => $get_1_free['products_free_id'],
						  'quantity' => $free_quantity,

and change that last line to:

'quantity' => $free_quantity * $get_1_free['products_free_quantity'],

That should now work correctly. At least it does on my test store.

Regards

Jim

Worked like a charm. thanks

If you mean 'a specific quantity of a given product' then yes. If you want any product out of a category then no, this one can't do that.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Great contribution - however, when i go into admin to add my category image and description details I add the data and then click update but it doesnt get put into the database. It doesnt add the fields.

I can go straight into phpmyadmin and add the content manually but when i do it through admin it doesnt work.

Would anyone know where i might be going wrong?

Great contribution - however, when i go into admin to add my category image and description details I add the data and then click update but it doesnt get put into the database. It doesnt add the fields.

I can go straight into phpmyadmin and add the content manually but when i do it through admin it doesnt work.

Would anyone know where i might be going wrong?

Wrong thread - i was looking for the category images on index contribution....... sorry!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

Great contribution!

I think that someone has already asked this question, but not quite the same.

Is it possible to modify this to allow the customer to choose which free product to receive from a predefined dropdown menu?

In version 1.4.2 i can't seem to find the file referred to in the install.txt called:

catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

Why is this? Don't want to start installing this if it's broken...

Hello.

Get 1 Free is terrific. I was just wondering if it could be modified to offer say, 1 free book (any title) if the customer bought 5 books (each of any title).

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Please, anyone is working on this?

I think it's so important: We must can give the free product but buying many productos from categories and not only in the same product.

(My php is not so good...)

Greetings!!!

It could be done, but it wouldn't be easy. This contribution to give a quantity of a specific product when the customer purchased a quantity of another specific product. It doesn't recognize purchases of multiple different products. You might want to check through the contributions to see if there is something closer to what you want.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've added margin report http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1594 it added an extra field products_cost in products and orders table,

when i goto checkout_process.php i get this error

1366 - Incorrect decimal value: '' for column 'products_cost' at row 1

insert into orders_products (orders_id, products_id, products_model, products_name, products_price, final_price, products_cost, products_tax, products_quantity) values ('33', '42', '', 'Viking 256 MB Secure Digital Flash Card', '0', '0', '', '0', '1')

i have tried adding in checkout_process.php the following in get 1 free area

'products_cost ="0"', or

'products_cost' => 0,

but i still get the same error any idea how to get rid of it would like to use actuall cost price from products table but happy with a zero for products_cost

Thanks Steve

Edited by steve_s

You would need to retrieve that cost from wherever the other contribution stores it and add it to the free product. I'm not familiar with that contribution so I can't tell you where to find the data.

Regards

Jim

You would need to retrieve that cost from wherever the other contribution stores it and add it to the free product. I'm not familiar with that contribution so I can't tell you where to find the data.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I shall do some hunting was hoping there might be a simple way to get rid of error, rest assured when i've found out i shall post solution here for others

Steve

Edited by steve_s

Hi Jim

Thanks for this great contribution

Any chance of a next version to allow you to specify buy one of these, choose any of these (so in admin you can hold down CNTRL and select all the items they can choose from!?

Thanks

Sol

I'll add it to my wish list, but don't hold your breath. I have a long waiting list of features and new addons I'd like to code up.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

This works as expected in my test shop, so you have an error somewhere in your installation. Check your modifications carefully.

Regards

Jim