• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Get 1 Free

kymation

Jim

Will this contribution work with separate pricing contribution. I have used separate pricing contribution to set up three buying groups, retail, drop shipping and wholesale. If I were to install this contribution I would want to make offers to only one group the retail group. Would this be possible? or perhaps different offers for different groups!

Looking forward to your advice prior to installation.

regards

Liz

Liz

A very appreciative member still attempting to climb the steep learning curve!

Jim

Will this contribution work with separate pricing contribution. <snip>

Liz

Not without some modification. This contribution works directly with the shopping cart to invisibly add products. You would have to add code to detect the customer group and apply the free product to the correct group. There would be a fair bit of PHP coding involved.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi,

gr8 contribution... BUT

in your install.txt

==========

New Files:

==========

The following code files are new with this package:

catalog/admin/get_1_free.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/get_1_free.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

catalog/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

==========

i can't find this file / folder :blush:

catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

I don't think that function is needed on the admin side. You should only need catalog/includes/functions/get_1_free.php

Regards

Jim

ok thanks,

i'm on mid way of installing it.. in install.txt

thill here it is fine -- Now find the following code [starting around line 324]:

see next step Now save that file and close it. Now find the following code [around line 346]:

Where to find the Code Which File ?? :unsure:

-----------------------------------------

Now find the following code [starting around line 324]:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	  $products_array[] = array('id' => $products_id,
								'name' => $products['products_name'],
								'model' => $products['products_model'],
								'image' => $products['products_image'],
								'price' => $products_price,
								'quantity' => $this->contents[$products_id]['qty'],
								'weight' => $products['products_weight'],
								'final_price' => ($products_price + $this->attributes_price($products_id)),
								'tax_class_id' => $products['products_tax_class_id'],
								'attributes' => (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : ''));
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and add the following just after it:

// start Get 1 free
	  if (is_array ($free_product = $this->get1free ($products_id))) {
		// Add the free product to the shopping cart (Customer cannot alter this)
		$products_array[] = array('id' => $free_product['id'],
								  'name' => $free_product['name'],
								  'model' => $free_product['model'],
								  'image' => $free_product['image'],
								  'price' => 0,
								  'quantity' => $free_product['quantity'],
								  'weight' => $free_product['weight'],
								  'final_price' => 0,
								  'attributes' => ''
								 );
	  } //if (is_array
// end Get 1 free

Now save that file and close it. Now find the following code [around line 346]:  :unsure: 

'price' => 0,
								  'final_price' => 0,
								  'attributes' => ''

and change the last line of that to:

'attributes' => '',
								  'free' => 1

Now find the following code [starting around line 430]:  :unsure: 

function unserialize($broken) {
  for(reset($broken);$kv=each($broken);) {
	$key=$kv['key'];
	if (gettype($this->$key)!="user function")
	$this->$key=$kv['value'];
  }
}

and add the following just after it:

// start Get 1 Free
function get1free ($products_id) {
  global $languages_id;
  $get_1_free_query = tep_db_query("select products_free_id,
										   products_free_quantity,
										   products_qualify_quantity,
										   products_multiple,
										   get_1_free_expires_date
									from " . TABLE_GET_1_FREE . "
									where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'
									  and status = '1'"
								  );
  if (tep_db_num_rows($get_1_free_query) > 0) {
	$get_1_free = tep_db_fetch_array($get_1_free_query);
	//Check that the offer has not expired
	 //MNK bugfix 13.08.2007
	if (($get_1_free['get_1_free_expires_date'] <= date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) && ($get_1_free['get_1_free_expires_date'] != '0000-00-00 00:00:00')) {
	  //offer has expired, so update the database and return false
	  tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_GET_1_FREE . "
					set status = '0',
						date_status_change = now()
					where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'"
				  );
	  return false;
	} else {
	  // Offer is valid, so check if the quantity qualifies
	  $products_quantity = $this->contents[$products_id]['qty'];
	  if ($products_quantity >= $get_1_free['products_qualify_quantity']) {
		// Qualifies, so get the quantity of free products
		$free_quantity = 1;
		if ($get_1_free['products_multiple'] > 1) {
		  $free_quantity = floor ($products_quantity / $get_1_free['products_qualify_quantity']);
		  if ($free_quantity > $get_1_free['products_multiple']) {
			$free_quantity = $get_1_free['products_multiple'];
		  }
		}
		// Get the info on the free product
		$products_free_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name,
													p.products_model,
													p.products_image,
													p.products_weight
											 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p,
												  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
											 where p.products_id = '" . (int)$get_1_free['products_free_id'] . "'
											   and pd.products_id = p.products_id
											   and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"
										   );
		$products_free = tep_db_fetch_array($products_free_query);
		// Return an array of free product values
		$output = array ( 'id' => $get_1_free['products_free_id'],
						  'quantity' => $free_quantity,
						  'name' => $products_free['products_name'],
						  'model' => $products_free['products_model'],
						  'image' => $products_free['products_image'],
						  'weight' => $products_free['products_weight']
						);
		return $output;
	  } //if ($products_quantity
	} //else
  }//if (tep_db_num_rows
  // offer was not valid (disabled or expired)
  return false;
}//function
// end Get 1 Free

Now save that file and close it. Now open
catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php and find the following code [around
line 20]:

define('TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE', 'Click to enlarge');

and add this just after it:

// Get 1 Free
define('TEXT_GET_1_FREE_PROMOTION', '<b>Special limited offer: Buy %u %s and get %u %s free!</b>');

This text may be modified to suit your needs -- see the use.txt file for hints.
Now save that file and close it.

That's it for the modifications. You can now go read use.txt to learn how to set
up a promotion.

Edited by vinod41

ok thanks,

i'm on mid way of installing it.. in install.txt

thill here it is fine -- Now find the following code [starting around line 324]:

see next step Now save that file and close it. Now find the following code [around line 346]:

Where to find the Code Which File ?? :unsure:

-----------------------------------------

Now find the following code [starting around line 324]:

$products_array[] = array('id' => $products_id,

You will find the code in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Just ignore the save and close this file instruction

I've installed all components, but when I click on get 1 free in my admin panel I get this error:

1146 - Table 'd60476892.get_1_free' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from products p, get_1_free g1f, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = g1f.products_id

[TEP STOP]

I tried starting over and reinstalled,,but still get this,,any fixes?

thanks

James

Not without some modification. This contribution works directly with the shopping cart to invisibly add products. You would have to add code to detect the customer group and apply the free product to the correct group. There would be a fair bit of PHP coding involved.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim

You said it wont work with separate pricing if you want different offers for different groups but what about if you were prepared to accept same offer on all groups - would it work?

regards

Liz

Liz

A very appreciative member still attempting to climb the steep learning curve!

Hi Jim

You said it wont work with separate pricing if you want different offers for different groups but what about if you were prepared to accept same offer on all groups - would it work?

regards

Liz

That should work. If the Separate Pricing mod changes some of the same files, you might need to figure out the interfering code. I haven't tried this, so I can't say for sure.

Regards

Jim

Will this contribution allow you to buy different products from the same category and get a free item as long as they buy the minimum number of items from the category? For instance if a customer buys 5 bags of smoothie mixes (no matter what flavor or type) from the same category, they get a free bag of coffee.

Thanks,

Greg

http://www.charliebean.com

No, this mod is designed to work by product, not by category. It wouldn't be easy to modify either, but it could be done.

Regards

Jim

I love this contribution. Soooooo close to what I need. Heh.

I am trying to get a single attribute for the free product, to be passed to the shopping cart. But I am having a little trouble. I am trying to find in the array (if I'm even sounding like I know what I'm talking about) where I can set it so the attributes are passed for any product I apply the "Get 1 Free" to.

All of my products have Attribute download Option YES or as the database goes:

Under the table orders_products_attributes

products_options : Download

product_options_values : Yes

Is there an easy way to pass these two by default, on to the "shopping cart" when the free product is being added? I have been looking through the code to see where, but if something is not obvious to me, I'm not going to figure it out. Heh.

A quick code tweak would be great from anyone who can help.

Perhaps eventually an update to the contribution to switch this option off and on in the admin section for exclusively download shops?

Been up this morning and looking through the checkout_process.php code some more. It appears as more details are needed to be passed for it to work. But I may be wrong, but with that it does make sense.

In particular:

'orders_products_filename' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'],

'download_maxdays' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxdays'],

'download_count' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxcount']);

Hello,

I've tried to install this on 2.2 RC2a but it broke the install. Now I'm new to OSC and may have made a mistake in the modifying the files. But before I try again are there any known issues with this most recent release.

Regards, David.

Edited by dmcross

Hello,

I've tried to install this on 2.2 RC2a but it broke the install. Now I'm new to OSC and may have made a mistake in the modifying the files. But before I try again are there any known issues with this most recent release.

Regards, David.

I've installed it on RC2.2 RC2 (the latest) and it works beautifully and install couldn't have been any easier.

Wayne: Sorry I haven't been able to reply sooner. I'm just swamped with work right now. As a quick fix, I think you could hard-code your attributes into the Shopping Cart class. In includes/classes/shopping_cart.php, in the get_products() method, the products_array[] has a line:

'attributes' => '',

You will need to find the proper format for the attributes. Sorry I don't remember that right now, except that it is a multi-dimensional array.

This is just a quick response; yo may need to make other changes as well.

Regards

Jim

25 beans for you my good man. ;) I'll PM you.

All I had to do was load this:

(isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : ''),

into the attributes for the Get 1 Free portion so it looks like:

// start Get 1 free
	  if (is_array ($free_product = $this->get1free ($products_id))) {
		// Add the free product to the shopping cart (Customer cannot alter this)
								  'price' => 0,
								  'final_price' => 0,
								   'attributes' => (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : ''),
								  'free' => 1
								 );
	  } //if (is_array
// end Get 1 free

Not sure if it works because of the way the attributes are being handled, from qty limiting changes I made, but so far so good. Need to do more testing with it but if it's working now, I can't see it not working with more products and frebies. :D

All I had to do was load this:

(isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : ''),

<snipped>

That will load the attributes for the purchased product, not the free product. This will work only in the special case where all products have exactly the same attributes.

In the general case, you would need to create a free_products_to_attributes database table and use that to retrieve the attributes for your free product. You would also need to modify the admin to select the attributes and populate the new table for each free product. Which is why this wasn't done in the first place. That, and I ran out of time to add more features. As usual.

Regards

Jim

That will load the attributes for the purchased product, not the free product. This will work only in the special case where all products have exactly the same attributes.

That's exactly what I want, which I why I figured to give it a shot. Heh. Every product in my database will (all my test products do currently) have the attributes Download Yes, as everything will be downloadable.

So I figured passing on the variables for the array above it for a regular checkout product, to use for the free product would work just as good as specifying the attribute for the free product. I beleive in recycling. Heh.

I'll do more testing here to see how it works with multiple free product offers and such, but I think my issue is solved.

Works like a charm. All downloads working beautifully for about 10 test products I created, and played around with. The Affiliate contribution works as it should with it as well. Not sure where it was getting it's pricing from to tally up affiliate commisions, but it's obviously coming from the order total, and not from any product pricing. Didn't expect anything other than, but I have to check these things. Heh.

Perhaps down the line, it might be posible to include an option for a cascade effect / "daisy-chain" for the free products. Figured for people with albums, of video chapters a seperate product could be created for each chapter, so when you load the first, gives the second product for free, which in turn gives the third product for free, etc so each chapter/song becomes a seperate downloadable file. As opposed to a single big file. Just a thought.