• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New install configuration error?

pwesterman928

After a new installation I show the following errors:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 106/106 is not allowed to access owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /nfsn/content/yumaradio/public/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 148

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /nfsn/content/yumaradio/public/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:148) in /nfsn/content/yumaradio/public/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /nfsn/content/yumaradio/public/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:148) in /nfsn/content/yumaradio/public/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /nfsn/content/yumaradio/htdocs/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this

I have no idea what the 1st three mean and for the last should I chmod 755 the /includes/configure.php or what value should I set it to? I currently have it at 777 for the install. Thanks in advance for any help!

Seems that most of my problems have auto-corrected. I set the /configure.php file to 755 which took care of my 4th error message. The only error message that I have left is:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 106/106 is not allowed to access owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /nfsn/content/yumaradio/public/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 148

Line #148 is:

return session_save_path($path);

• 1 month later...
Seems that most of my problems have auto-corrected. I set the /configure.php file to 755 which took care of my 4th error message. The only error message that I have left is:

Line #148 is:

return session_save_path($path);

Have you tried this:

Goto Admin / Configuration / Sessions > change the "Sessions Directory" to tmp (no slashes)

If you can't get into Admin, goto your Database Admin page (usually PhPAdmin app.)

Click on any table on the left hand side.

Click on SQL at the top of the screen

Overtype whatever appears in the SQL window with ...

UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value = 'tmp' WHERE configuration_key='SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY'

Click GO

I was able to fix the problem with changing the Sessions Directory in the admin configuration.

Have you tried this:

Goto Admin / Configuration / Sessions > change the "Sessions Directory" to tmp (no slashes)

If you can't get into Admin, goto your Database Admin page (usually PhPAdmin app.)

Click on any table on the left hand side.

Click on SQL at the top of the screen

Overtype whatever appears in the SQL window with ...

UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value = 'tmp' WHERE configuration_key='SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY'

Click GO

I was able to fix the problem with changing the Sessions Directory in the admin configuration.

Archived