• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help.....Products no longer visible in catalog

planet

I am a newbie and have spent a few hours searching for advice on this issue. I apologize if this has been dealt with before but I have not been able to find any comments on this topic.

I have added 20 or so products in the Admin GUI. They were visible in the catalog. Today I started removing a few boxes such as languages- only using english, manufacturers- all products are assembled in-house....and now only three of the products are visible in the catalog.

Any help would be immensely appreciated?

Trevor

heya

the first thing i would suggest is to look at the products in the admin section, if you have been testing the site and mocking purchases then you may have affected the default stock control, i.e. if the stock level gets below 0 then the products are hidden from the public, try increasing stock levels or turing it off and removing the stock number.

You may find that when you look at the product listing in the admin section the red button is brighter than the green, this means the product has been "put on hold" and is not available to the public.

When removing the boxes did you just comment out the lines or did you actually delete bits, i dont see how editing the column_right.php and column_left.php files will prevent products from being listed.

hth

Matt

p.s. i am a slightly technically minded newbie so thats all i could think of!!!

Thanks for your help! Yep, I had turned off the products in the hopes they would not be displayed in the main "new products for october" box, not realizing I was making them inactive. If I want to keep them out of the new products box that another topic.

Again, thanks for the help!

Trevor

no problem at all,

Im so greatful for all the work by the os guys that i wanna say thanks by helping in the forums

(i know they'd prefer cash but i am skint :o)

Matt

p.s. woohoo my first thanks :o)

Archived