• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Yet another Failed Opening

allenk

I am new to this application and to this forum. I am absolutely confused about the operation of of OSC when a page is loaded. I am running version 2.2 with the following setup:

Win 2000 Workstation

IIS 5.0

MySQL

PHP 4.23

When I call a page, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/en.php' (include_path='.;c:phpincludes') in C:Inetpubwwwrootphposcommercecatalogincludesapplication_top.php on line 249

It seems to call a file that does not exist. The file that is in question should be called 'includes/languages/english.php'. I can't seem to locate the proper code to fix this problem. The problem also shows itself when trying to display the item info page. Making $language = 'english' in the file 'application_top.php' corrects both of these problems but I bet it breaks something else down the line. Besides, if the code works unmodified for Joe Bob, it should work for me, right? Would switching to Apache correct this? It seems that some people don't have this problem under IIS, but I'm not one of them. I tried working with Apache, but I can't seem to get it to recognize any files beyond the web root(?). If it ain't one thing, it's another...

Archived