• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Problems

Hi guys

I'm looking for help in translating our company's complicated shipping structure into an ecommerce system. I've tried virtually all the shopping carts/systems I can lay my hands on and none of them seem able to handle it - but osCommerce looks like it might if I can figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Our shipping tarrifs work out like this:

ORDER VALUE: United Kingdom : Europe : Rest of World

CD's only - ?1.00 per item : As below : As below

Under ?10 - ?1.50 : ?3 : ?5

?10 - ?30 - ?3 : ?6 : ?10

Over ?30 - ?5: ?12 : ?20

It's fairly contrived! The cd's only tarriffs are for orders that consist of CDs only. If there is a mixture of cd's and other things, the order-value based tarriffs apply. Also is there a way to specify whether to charge tax on individual products? i.e. we sell books which are VAT free in the UK.

Please help! Thanks very much

Evan Brown

Yes,

but they might be in some far flung corner of the world that is fast asleep at the moment :D

The simple answer is yes this is possible. You need to look at the table and zone rate shipping modules as a starting point.

To test the CD situation I'd suggest setting all of your product weights to 1 and the weight of cd's to zero. So if cart total weight is zero it's all cd's.

If your not savvy with php then I would suggest finding some one who is to program it for you.

N.B. I'm too busy. :( or :D depending on your point of view.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

Thanks for your help, Ian. I'm a reasonable PHP coder but don't want to mess this up and was wondering if anyone else had a tried and tested way of doing it.

Evan

Ok,

There was a thread some time ago about setting a catch all country to zones.php

One of the shortcomings is that for each zone you have to define all countries.

So in your case you would have

Zone1 = UK

Zone2 = France Germany Holland etc.etc

Zone3 = Horribly long list consisting of every other country in the world.

The idea behind the thread was that you would only have to define zone 1 and 2 and zone 3 would automatically charge for rest of world.

It was a few weeks ago, but you should be able to find it using search.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

Archived