• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MySQL Tables

MatthewMan

Hello people, i just downloaded osCommerce and would like to use it on my site, however i have a small problem...here goes...

My site already has a user registration system and all of my script work with a users table, each script has a small checking system that checks if the user is logged on or not.

what i need is this... edit oscommerce to successfully use my current users table/fileds and insert my checking system in the login script of oscommerce so it detects if a user is logged on or not, just like my other scripts. Maybe you people can give me some pointers....

Also, if i edit the layout,graphics and everything, is it possible to legally change the copyright notices at the bottom of the screen ?

If you need anymore information on how my mysql tables/fields are setup please just ask... all i want is to fully integrate oscommerce with the rest of my site, so people don't need to re-register for an account with oscommerce.

Thanks

Matthew Brincat

what i need is this... edit oscommerce to successfully use my current users table/fileds and insert my checking system in the login script of oscommerce so it detects if a user is logged on or not, just like my other scripts. Maybe you people can give me some pointers....

All the checking for the login is done in the login.php file. Looking in there will give you all the information you should need :)

Also, if i edit the layout,graphics and everything, is it possible to legally change the copyright notices at the bottom of the screen ?

Yes. You can't however remove the copyright notices in the code itself. For more information look in the GPL forum.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Yes but my site uses cookies... so basically i would have to change all the files and input the "CHECKING IF USER IS LOGGED ON" script and replace the one of osCommerce... does it use sessions or cookies and if i change it only in the login.php it won't do any good i guess because each page has to check if the user logged on or not.

any ideas please ?

Matthew

Archived