• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Modules will not Update

satter9

Hello,

I am trying to use Authorize.net. I can Install and remove the module, but now that I have my LogIn and Transaction Key I would like to edit the Information but it will not update. Has anyone had this Issue?

Thanks

Nils Satterstrom

1) Open /admin/modules.php

2) Change this line:

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

to this:

foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'] as $key => $value){

3) Save the file.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hello,

I am trying to use Authorize.net. I can Install and remove the module, but now that I have my LogIn and Transaction Key I would like to edit the Information but it will not update. Has anyone had this Issue?

Thanks

Nils Satterstrom

-OR-

You can try this:

1. Open the catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

2. At the end of the “do_magic_quotes_gpc” routine, add the following code:

reset($ar);

It will end up looking like this:

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {
if (!is_array($ar)) return false;
while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {
if (is_array($ar[$key])) {
do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);
} else {
$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);
}
}
reset($ar);
}

3. Do the same for the compatibility.php file located in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

This is from a bug in the latest version of osC 060817.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 3 weeks later...
I was having the same problem. I tried the first solution to no avail, but the second one worked. Not sure what the issue was to begin with, I'll have to dig into the code a bit more. Thanks to everyone for their help!
The issue is a bug in the latest osCommerce release 060817 regarding the modules not refreshing. Every 060817 version has this issue and has to deal with it. :'(

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...
The issue is a bug in the latest osCommerce release 060817 regarding the modules not refreshing. Every 060817 version has this issue and has to deal with it. :'(

Mine seems to work ok. What do you suggest?

Mine seems to work ok. What do you suggest?
You know, I have come across this as well. Some users have not been affected at all by this. I can only speculate that maybe some Fantastico (or similar) installations have corrected this already before the update was performed. Not sure.

The bottom line is that if it is working for you, then there ya go. :lol: The stars have been alligned! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this issue only affects the module changes in the admin and does not have anything to do with the catalog side. So, if you are able to make the changes to any of the modules that you want to make, and the changes are reflected when completed, then you are not being affected by the 060817 osC bug. :thumbsup:

So...the best suggestion would be not to do anything at all. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

It's a PHP5 issue. If you don't experience it, it's because you're using PHP4.

Yes, I am using PHP4 on the web. However, if my webhosting company changes to PHP5, it will affect me. It is a serious issue for everyone.

Well, like bkellum mentioned, it only affects a small section of the admin that you rarely touch anyways. I wouldn't call it serious, just a hassle.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Well, like bkellum mentioned, it only affects a small section of the admin that you rarely touch anyways. I wouldn't call it serious, just a hassle.

It is serious for those that are just in the process of setting up their stores and for those whose web hosting company migrate to php5.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a PHP5 issue. If you don't experience it, it's because you're using PHP4.

Sorry but this is definitely not a php 5 issue.

I have installed this on 4 servers now, ALL using php 4.3 and ALL of them exhibited this problem.

I suspect it could be affected by some php setting, but I don't have time to waste to try and find out.

Maybe register globals, since the first requirement in the environment I instaled in is Register Globals to be turned off, so installed the register globals patch first (and then you have to debug/convert many modules as you install them).

Cheers - Cliff

I have installed this on 4 servers now, ALL using php 4.3 and ALL of them exhibited this problem.

I suspect it could be affected by some php setting, but I don't have time to waste to try and find out.

Maybe register globals, since the first requirement in the environment I instaled in is Register Globals to be turned off, so installed the register globals patch first (and then you have to debug/convert many modules as you install them).

Cheers - Cliff

Cliff, just curious, did any of the two solutions above solve the problem for you? Thanks for your post regarding PHP 4.3.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

its not php version related. It really how the $HTTP_POST_VARS array is treated before that particular code is executed. The "foreach" modification takes care of the problem because it rewinds the internal array pointer of $HTTP_POST_VARS

Cliff, just curious, did any of the two solutions above solve the problem for you? Thanks for your post regarding PHP 4.3.

Hi Bill, yes it was one as you suggested for the reset(ar) after do_magic_quotes function.

All the servers I have run the setup on have been identical setup (custom linux kickstart) running on Centos 4.4, then fully patched.

The process is then, a lot of customisations made to the core O/S which are mostly security/lockdown and install/configure/lockdown of any base apps (eg: mailserver/webserver/daemon configs and startup,mysql/php/SSL etc...)

Then only after all above passes a full audit and penetration test, other internet facing apps like shopping carts, forums, blogs are added and faced with some rigorous tests. (and debugged and fixed !)

So when I said "I don't have time to waste to try and find out", I certainly didn't mean it's a waste of time to find out ... :)

What I really mean is just that I don't have time, otherwise I probably would really try to nail it down.

A quick check on versions gives me: php 4.3.9, mysql 4.1.20

php is running as an apache module, I guess that would probably be the same for most installations these days.

Let me know if there's anything I may be able to help with ?

Thanks to all the good people like yourself for helping over here, cut my work in half to get this going.

Cheers - Cliff

Very strange. Perhaps it is a register_globals issue. I've installed more copies of osCommerce than I can count, and the only time I've ever experienced this problem was on a PHP5 server.

its not php version related. It really how the $HTTP_POST_VARS array is treated before that particular code is executed. The "foreach" modification takes care of the problem because it rewinds the internal array pointer of $HTTP_POST_VARS
Mark, I've seen the "foreach" modification not do a thing for a lot of clients. I've also seen the "reset" not do a thing for a lot of clients as well. I've found it to be an either/or solution.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Either the foreach or reset works as long as you implement at the right place. If you refer to some of the posts here its a different matter, you cannot tell if they did the right mod at the right place. But for code changes I did I never had to do anything else. It was always at the same place.

There is however one thing I cannot figure out. I have locally around 10 different oscommerce installations. Now some of them are using the older ms2.2 051113 update or the plain ms2.2 and some the latest 60817. Now all of these are under the same server so we have same php,mysql,apache versions etc. What I do not understand is how the old ones work despite the "while" statement in place and the newer ones those with the 60817 update don't. All of them have the register globals patch since I have register globals off. I debugged this and I cannot find out any differences. The $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'] array somehow is getting reset with the older osc versions so the forms in the module.php work.

Either the foreach or reset works as long as you implement at the right place. If you refer to some of the posts here its a different matter, you cannot tell if they did the right mod at the right place. But for code changes I did I never had to do anything else. It was always at the same place.

There is however one thing I cannot figure out. I have locally around 10 different oscommerce installations. Now some of them are using the older ms2.2 051113 update or the plain ms2.2 and some the latest 60817. Now all of these are under the same server so we have same php,mysql,apache versions etc. What I do not understand is how the old ones work despite the "while" statement in place and the newer ones those with the 60817 update don't. All of them have the register globals patch since I have register globals off. I debugged this and I cannot find out any differences. The $HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'] array somehow is getting reset with the older osc versions so the forms in the module.php work.

Mark, I share the confusion with you as well. I also have 10 plus osC shops on the same server using the same configuration (some 051113 for testing purposes, but the rest 060817) and I have never had to "patch" using any of the two methods above. Note: none of these installations are using any version of the Register Globals patch. (this could be a clue)

There has got to something that osC does not like with some server configurations out there that is requiring one of the fixes mentioned in this thread. I agree that I do not believe it to be PHP5, but it could be a combination of PHP5, MySQL5, etc. Hmm...

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Esp Bill :-)

Probably posted in the wrong place, but ....................

I have the 060817 version of OSCommerce installed

Trying to get the Paypal IPN payment module running, but the admin | modules | payment will not pick it up.

I have installed the STS admin refresh patch (as mentioned above) but it has made no difference

Doesn't seem to matter what I do, the Paypal IPN payment method does not show up

You mentioned earlier in this thread that sometimes neither fix method works, I seem to have that circumstance happening here :-(

All I need to do is get paypal to process orders in Aussie dollars, instead of US.

I have tried installed the payment module before & after STS admin patch

with the regular Paypal module enabled & disabled

I even added paypayl_ipn.php as a payment method via MySQL in the config table

but sadly no joy.

So is there another way to get the admin | Modules | payments to recognise that I have loaded the paypal ipn module so that I can enable it?

Your help is very much appriciated.

Thanks tons

Mike

Hi all

Esp Bill :-)

Probably posted in the wrong place, but ....................

I have the 060817 version of OSCommerce installed

Trying to get the Paypal IPN payment module running, but the admin | modules | payment will not pick it up.

I have installed the STS admin refresh patch (as mentioned above) but it has made no difference

Doesn't seem to matter what I do, the Paypal IPN payment method does not show up

You mentioned earlier in this thread that sometimes neither fix method works, I seem to have that circumstance happening here :-(

All I need to do is get paypal to process orders in Aussie dollars, instead of US.

I have tried installed the payment module before & after STS admin patch

with the regular Paypal module enabled & disabled

I even added paypayl_ipn.php as a payment method via MySQL in the config table

but sadly no joy.

So is there another way to get the admin | Modules | payments to recognise that I have loaded the paypal ipn module so that I can enable it?

Your help is very much appriciated.

Thanks tons

Mike

Mike, just to clarify...the solutions mentioned in this thread will only work if the module is already installed correctly, you can see the module in the admin, and the only issue is that you are not able to make any changes in the module to take effect, meaning, it always goes back to the default state.

Check to be sure you installed the PayPal IPN module correctly and then try to enable the module in the admin. If it does not reflect your admin changes, then you will need one of the solutions mentioned in this thread.

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Mike, just to clarify...the solutions mentioned in this thread will only work if the module is already installed correctly, you can see the module in the admin, and the only issue is that you are not able to make any changes in the module to take effect, meaning, it always goes back to the default state.

Check to be sure you installed the PayPal IPN module correctly and then try to enable the module in the admin. If it does not reflect your admin changes, then you will need one of the solutions mentioned in this thread.

Hope this helped you out,

AH HA!!!

Thanks Bill.

So obviously the module is not installing properly.

I obviously misunderstood this thread - thanks for clarifying that.

I'll keep at it

Thanks again

Mike

wow im so glad i found this tread, for ages i have been doing module updates in mySQL cos i thought i had broken something but could not find a solution.

PS - do i really have to do it in the catalog too? i have experienced no errors as yes with the front end...

cheers

paul

Edited by paulbrown

Hey guys, I have tried both versions of fixes to the modules.php and the compatibility.php files, seperatley and together in every combination and I have gotten nothing... Does anyone have any suggestions the server is on php4.4.4 mysql is v4.0.26 and the osc is the latest...

honestly i wouldnt mind a link to a site with a very slightly older version of osC..

my first post but thanks every1 for the help over the years!

Alex