• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forum of "Upload and discplay video extract"

josecarlos_pb

***BUMP!****

I downloaded and added this contribution to my site, in an attempt to run swf vids from the details page. It's not working for me.

Some comments:

- I went thru all the steps as instructed in the read-me file and I'm getting no errors

- In my admin, I do have a upload area to upload labeled "PDF file". I'm assuming this is where I upload my FLV file, I did, and under admin it shows that is has been uploaded.

- I uploaded the "playervideo.swf" and "SteelOverAll.swf" file to the root of the server (should it go elsewhere?)

- No video showing on the product page, not even a blank white space

As a general comment I noticed that many times there are references to "PDF" and "PDF upload" (even the msql file is labeled as such) - I'm assuming the author means "Video" where he mentions PDF? It's confusing.

I wonder what I might be missing here?

I downloaded and added this contribution to my site, in an attempt to run swf vids from the details page. It's not working for me.

I was working with this contribution and had no luck with it. I have since managed to get Shadowbox working (made a Shadowbox Product_Info/Product Description Functionality contribution for everyone) with OSC and it works like a charm and aside from having to manually upload the video to a directory, and set your html in your product description, it's excellent.

You may want to look into it. SWF files, can be easily called from your product description directly, and with an FLV player in your root catalog directory, you can play FLV files. It opens in a nice Lightbox style. Also works with Youtubes, Google Video, PDFs, and much more.

Here is how it works: http://www.visceralmagic.com/product_info.php?products_id=7

I have a WMV set to load from the thumbnail I made. Lets your potential customer know exactly where to click to view the video, rather than having to search for a text link. And as you can see on that page, so much more can be done with it.

Here is the contribution if you want to check it out: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5852

I was working with this contribution and had no luck with it. I have since managed to get Shadowbox working (made a Shadowbox Product_Info/Product Description Functionality contribution for everyone) with OSC and it works like a charm and aside from having to manually upload the video to a directory, and set your html in your product description, it's excellent.

You may want to look into it. SWF files, can be easily called from your product description directly, and with an FLV player in your root catalog directory, you can play FLV files. It opens in a nice Lightbox style. Also works with Youtubes, Google Video, PDFs, and much more.

Here is how it works: http://www.visceralmagic.com/product_info.php?products_id=7

I have a WMV set to load from the thumbnail I made. Lets your potential customer know exactly where to click to view the video, rather than having to search for a text link. And as you can see on that page, so much more can be done with it.

Here is the contribution if you want to check it out: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5852

thank you very much, I will def. look into this!

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I don't understand why but the player can be seen in IE7 but not in Firefox 3 or any other browser for that matter. What is the deal? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by PropioWeb

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

Found the issue with the video not showing on the other browsers. In the instructions the enbeding of the player in the products_info page looks like this:

<object width="300" height="220" 
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" 
data="playervideo.swf?url=images/<?php echo $product_info['products_pdfupload'];
?>&autoplay=false"> 
<param name="movie" 
value="playervideo.swf?url=images/<?php echo $product_info['products_pdfupload'];
?>&autoplay=false"/>
</object>

And I just made sure everything was on one line. Like this:

<object width="409" height="300" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="playervideo.swf?url=images/<?php echo $product_info['products_pdfupload'];?>&autoplay=false&menu=false"> 
<param name="movie" value="playervideo.swf?url=images/<?php echo $product_info['products_pdfupload'];?>&autoplay=false&menu=false"/>
</object>

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I really like this contribution, my only problem is I don't know how to change the video player.

Can you guys help me?

Does anyone using a different skin?

Thanks in advance.

Birds with same feathers, are same birds.