• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please look at my new store

Woolvey

I would appreciate any feedback on my site:

http://www.woolvey.com/

Please bear in mind that I am new to ecommerce, oscommerce and almost all the related technologies (e.g. php).

My goal was to create something with a design that is simple to navigate and use so I have intentionally not strayed too far from the standard OSC format in many respects.

Please let me know if you have any comments (good or bad). I am particularly interested in any mods I am not using that may be beneficial or other pointers for improvement.

Thanks for your time :)

- Overall you have a very clean, easy to navigate site. It loads very quickly for me in Japan (at 14:36 local time) The buttons in the header are easy to navigate Well done.

The images on the index page are easy to see. But I feel that the product pics are a little dark. Lifting the brightness/contrast of them will help that.

- I would change the stock buttons ot something more fitting with your site, they let it down a bit.

- Are you using an auto thumbnailer using GD library or making the images a set size first? The more pics images look deformed.

- Your Guarantee needs ot be centered in the box.

- When I clicked on the figurines area, the 4 cartoon images did not look right. Perhaps using a smaller image of an example product for each area would be better.

- I see you have a phone number, but there is no postal address (I did minew the other way round, as I am not always in to answer the phone)

- Have you thought about making your site a fixed width?

When I go to create an account, an error shows at the bottom of IE6

Hope the suggestions help, and if you get a chance to review my site (in my sig) I would appreciate it.

- Overall you have a very clean, easy to navigate site. It loads very quickly for me in Japan (at 14:36 local time) The buttons in the header are easy to navigate Well done.

The images on the index page are easy to see. But I feel that the product pics are a little dark. Lifting the brightness/contrast of them will help that.

- I would change the stock buttons ot something more fitting with your site, they let it down a bit.

- Are you using an auto thumbnailer using GD library or making the images a set size first? The more pics images look deformed.

- Your Guarantee needs ot be centered in the box.

- When I clicked on the figurines area, the 4 cartoon images did not look right. Perhaps using a smaller image of an example product for each area would be better.

- I see you have a phone number, but there is no postal address (I did minew the other way round, as I am not always in to answer the phone)

- Have you thought about making your site a fixed width?

When I go to create an account, an error shows at the bottom of IE6

Hope the suggestions help, and if you get a chance to review my site (in my sig) I would appreciate it.

Very nice site

Get rid of the osc buttons on the top right, like shopping cart and i think you should change the color of the borders, so it isnt so faded out. maybe a nice rust, or green just not gray

blessings

kalli

Woolvey,

I thought I would return the favour...

I love the navigation at the top of the site.. I've never seen nav like that on another osCommcerce site and it is very useful.

I also like your photos - it looks like you don't have proper studio equipment but the photos are still great quality and illistrate the products well.

On the negative side it still looks alot like osCommerce- which some people love, personally I don't! Your colour scheme seems to be green but the rest of the site isn't...?

A little idea to think of would be to make the extra images part of the description rather than in the box after the main details.. it's just an idea!

Anyway, all in all it's a great start!

Archived