• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Optional Related Products, Version 4.0

Skittles

@@spidometrs,

I believe you need Master products add-on.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7738

Or maybe a customized programming.

However Thank you for the report and testing. I'll update the related products add-on with the modifications and it will be more stable now.

regards

Rainer

@@spidometrs,

Forgot to mention that the master products add-on is not yet updated for BS version.

@@spidometrs,

Forgot to mention that the master products add-on is not yet updated for BS version.

Today tried to install this add-on, but failed.

Again related errors while maintaining a database of parameters in administrative part, in the category.

It's a pity.

Maybe later someone from the community will be able to upgrade it to the BS.

No outside url's in signatures allowed - thanks

• 4 months later...

Hola cariño,

osc234bs edge & Related_Products_234_BS_5.6

No errors & no button(s) in adminsite-catalog.

No Related Products or Optional Related Products.

Checked al boxes in 3 different browsers & delete cache = nada

some strange in your code is

/* Optional Related Products (ORP) */
      array(
        'code' => 'optional_related_products.php',
        'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_RELATED_PRODUCTS,
        'link' => tep_href_link('optional_related_products.php')
      )
        //ORP:end

all other has as 'code'=> FILENAME_ETCETERA
same with 'link'

anyway, I think the part where the link/button should appear in admin/categories is this :

elseif (isset($pInfo) && is_object($pInfo)) { // product info box contents
            $heading[] = array('text' => '<strong>' . tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages_id) . '</strong>');

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => tep_draw_button(IMAGE_EDIT, 'document', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=new_product')) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_DELETE, 'trash', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=delete_product')) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_MOVE, 'arrow-4', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=move_product')) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_COPY_TO, 'copy', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=copy_to')) . tep_draw_button(BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_RELATED_PRODUCTS, 'transfer-e-w', tep_href_link('optional_related_products.php', 'products_id_view=' . $pInfo->products_id )));
 //ORP: end
            $contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_short($pInfo->products_date_added));
            if (tep_not_null($pInfo->products_last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($pInfo->products_last_modified));

te deseo lindo domingo
saludos
Camella

@@SpicyGirl,

If you do not see the Related Products in the Catalog box you missed to do Step 2 of the installation instructions.

To see the button in Admin =>Catalog=> Categories/Products, you  need to select a product. It doesn't show on category level (category selected). Otherwise you missed something in step 1b.

Make also sure to do all explained in Step 5.

some strange in your code is

array(
        'code' => 'optional_related_products.php',
        'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_RELATED_PRODUCTS,
        'link' => tep_href_link('optional_related_products.php')
      )
        //ORP:end

all other has as 'code'=> FILENAME_ETCETERA
same with 'link'

anyway, I think the part where the link/button should appear in admin/categories is this :

elseif (isset($pInfo) && is_object($pInfo)) { // product info box contents
            $heading[] = array('text' => '<strong>' . tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages_id) . '</strong>');

There is nothing strange, filename is hardcoded here following the latest best practice guidelines.

It saves adding the filename definition to includes/filenames. This will be practice in the future OsCommerce versions.

See this forum:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/407530-addon-development-best-practices/?hl=%2Bbest+%2Bpractice#entry1727058

This add-on is published since  one year and is tested and works.

Just follow all instructions and double check that you applied all Steps correct.

regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@@raiwa,

Hola Rainer,

built a new store with osc234bs edge, this time installed first the SEO & Google modules I wanted, afetr the other addons.

Everything is working even this Related Product you may like, only it shows up 3 times.

I delete database, reinstall, same problem.

i checked manual & php files no see way. Everything is there where it must be.

saludos

PS I did'n change other files of the shop, so no modding, css changes etcetera, only installing all the addons

post-339016-0-39575100-1458566392_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpicyGirl

Make sure you have this line only once in product_info.php:

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('product_info'); ?>

Otherwise please check on a new clean installation without any other mod.

It works correct on all my test installations, no one else reported this until now.

• 1 month later...

Hi i'm new on oscommere, i have install this addon on a bootstrap site but all the related products are show vertically, but i want them horizontally.

Is possible?i have make somenthing wrong? or I need to change some details?

Hello Matteo @@teol79,

Do you refer to list view like in product listing in categories when you trigger between List and Grid view? This is not possible with the optional related products module. It's coded like the also purchased product module or the new product and specials module on the index page.

Otherwise, if you do not refer to this, could you please add a screenshot to show us what exact you mean.

Kind regards

Rainer

Hello Matteo,

I can see that your css classes on the product_info page and all the structure is quite modified. It seems this breaks the optional product module. Please try to add:

<div class="clearfix"></div>

before the modules call:

<div class="row">
  </div>

You might also have the same problem with the also purchased product module.
In a standard, unmodified store it shows all correct.

Hope this helps

Kind regards
Rainer

Dear Rainer

I have done it but nothing i think change, do you think there's something to change in admin pannel? like 

Content Width
What width container should the content be shown in?

kind regards

@@teol79,

It can produce this problem if you set it to a low value, but I see that it is set to 12, so this should give all available width to the module.

I believe there is something in all the modifications you have on the page which produces this effect.

Did you check with the also purchased products module? Does it show correct or does it show the same?

You can also try a very simple test: remove all outputted html content before the module in the product page and leave only the module.

If it then shows correct in all horizontal width try adding step by step (or to say div by div) your other content to isolate where the problem is produced.

You can also try to move the module call one by one div up or down to see if you get the full width for the module then.

I'm sorry, but I do not know what your customized div classes do, you should know it.

If you purchased this as a template, you should ask the person who sold you the template for help.

The optional related install instructions are for a unmodified BS store. If yours is modified you have to find out where you have to place the module call that it works correct.

regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

i solved this! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

i have change some code of the addons!!!!!!!!!

in cm_pi_related_products.php

that is in catalog\includes\modules\content\product_info\templates\

'<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($optional_rel_prods_values['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($optional_rel_prods_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span><br />';
         } else {
         $products_price_slave = $currencies->display_price($optional_rel_prods_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($optional_rel_prods_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br />';
         }
         }

$optional_rel_prods_content .= '  <div class="six columns related-product">';

i have underline and make it red!!!! and now it works! :D

Edited by teol79

I want to ask you if is possibile to add the border to the Thumbnailer of related products.

Also The random product addiction did not work. With this addon is possibile to add random related avaiable products (our stock change frequently)

Regards

Matteo

Hello,

I installed in oscommerce 2.3 bs edge its work good in admin but its not show in the products info page,

when the addon  enabled the addon not show in the products info.

thanks for any help 

Br

Omar

Edited by Omar_one

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

its say in the Instructions that i have to making changes to the following files:

[catalog/]product_info.php
        [catalog/]includes/languages/english.php
        [catalog/]includes/languages/english/product_info.php

but there is no instructions there to make the changes???

BR

Omar

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Hello Matteo @@teol79,

To add a border around the image you need to overwrite and customize the thumbnail img class in user.css.

I just checked and the random option works perfect in my demo store. Please check yourself:

http://www.sarplataygemas.com/osCommerce234bs/bugs-life-p-8.html

reload the page and you'll see that the order changes random.

Maybe you expect something what it doesn't do. I do not understand what you mean by "avaiable products (our stock change frequently)", out of stock products do not show in the optional related products module.

regards

Rainer

@@Omar_one,

Yes, these lines are left over from older versions, just ignore them, I'll fix this in the next update.

You do not need to modify anything in the public store side.

Just copy the new files and install the module.

If it doesn't show in product info, please check the following:

- these lines need to be present in product_info.php (they should be there in any 2.3.4 BS EDGE version:

<div class="row">
  </div>

- Check if you followed all steps explained in instruction Step 5. Did you execute the sql new install script?

- Check if you defined correct at least one related product for the product you try to see the module.

Otherwise please, post or PM your store URL to have a look and show a sreenshot of your Optional Related Products page in Admin (where the related products are defined).

regards

Rainer

Sorry may be i understand wrong, the display order is random so if to product A I relate B C and D  I can have BCD BDC DBC DCB CBD CDB

the addon work this way?

I thought and would like to set: 2 related product per items; decide the one i decide to connect and for all the other items they have random related product.

For Example:

A i relate C and D

B display two random products like K and G and if i refresh the page they may be change

C i relate A and display one random product like Z

D display two random products

@@teol79

Sorry may be i understand wrong, the display order is random so if to product A I relate B C and D  I can have BCD BDC DBC DCB CBD CDB

the addon work this way?

Yes, that's how it works, and if you have more related products than maximum number of Related Products to display, then it will random select.

Lets say for Product A you have 4 related products (BCDE) and 3 max display, you can have displayed: BCD DEC CEB EDC....

I thought and would like to set: 2 related product per items; decide the one i decide to connect and for all the other items they have random related product.

For Example:

A i relate C and D

B display two random products like K and G and if i refresh the page they may be change

C i relate A and display one random product like Z

D display two random products

If I understand well what you mean, this is not possible. You have to define all related products.

Edited by raiwa