• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Optional Related Products, Version 4.0

Skittles

I just uninstalled SQL to wipe clean the data file.  I imported the old data files (1018 records).  I than ran SQL convert to new version.  I get the same thing.  I have pages going across but only page 1 will populate.  I also get now get : in columns instead of data.  

1140   :    :    0  Edit   Delete  1143   :    :    0  Edit   Delete  1146   :    :    0  Edit   Delete  1192   :    :    0  Edit   Delete  1202   :    :    0  Edit   Delete  1736   :    *23641: Praise the Lord FL   0  Edit   Delete  1738   :    *23642: Praise the Lord FM   0  Edit   Delete  1757   *09361: Alabama Girl FL   *09362: Alabama Girl FM   0  Edit   Delete  1758   *09362: Alabama Girl FM   *09361: Alabama Girl FL   0 

That is an easy clean up but the pages not populating so I can see what else concerns me.  What do I need to do?

5th try,  I went a used SQL to remove from data base.  Reinstalled SQL.  Just started from scratch and created 50.  Now shows 2 pages.  Click on page 2 and nothing, blinks and stays on page 1.

@@raiwa  Thanks for getting back to me. 

I checked, both have 4 columns and named the same.  The old store is running the older version and the new one is running the BS version.

@@dculley,

Then you may not need to run the convert script, did you try??

@@dculley,

I mean this: "Ran SQL update data",  did you try without??

That is where a started for the first couple of tries.  Then when I clicked the SQL setup, I saw the update data.  Tried that.  The data base files all look clean each and every time. 

That is where a started for the first couple of tries.  Then when I clicked the SQL setup, I saw the update data.  Tried that.  The data base files all look clean each and every time. 

@@dculley,

Try first to define some new relations from the new stores Admin, if this is ok, then maybe you could try just with some sample data from your old store, maybe a set of hundred. So you can check if it's a data or speed problem.

Just to say that I did the same update with 4380 rows and it worked flawless.

For any case, you do not need to run the update script if you have the same table columns. It is for updates from older versions.

regards

Rainer

@@raiwa

I tried from scratch. 

from later post: "5th try,  I went a used SQL to remove from data base.  Reinstalled SQL.  Just started from scratch and created 50.  Now shows 2 pages.  Click on page 2 and nothing, blinks and stays on page 1."

I'm working around it for now.

@@raiwa

I tried from scratch. 

from later post: "5th try,  I went a used SQL to remove from data base.  Reinstalled SQL.  Just started from scratch and created 50.  Now shows 2 pages.  Click on page 2 and nothing, blinks and stays on page 1."

I'm working around it for now.

Got it now, nothing to do with your database import then, Just checked and can see the same on my test store now. This admin page hasn't been changed by my update, as far as I remember. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Checked in my old store (2.2rc2a) and the same. I never used the page links, it seems, always the drop down menu.

Can you see in your old store too??

Edited by raiwa

I set the Admin Display: Maximum Rows to allow all the items to show.  This allowed me to see all the items, and fix the ones missing the slave item.  After all has been fixed,  I reset the number to display down to 35.  Page numbers are back across the top and same problem is still there.  You can click 2,3,4.... and still stays at page one information.

Like you taking a break.

Good morning Dean @@dculley,

I found the fix for the optional related page links, the page parameter wasn't retrieved and the page variable stood undefined

in: Admin/optional_related_products.php

FIND line 35:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

Add BELOW:

$attribute_page = null;
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page'])) $attribute_page = $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_page'];

regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@@raiwa

Ha there.  Another great day.  

Plugged in the code, and running like a champ.  :lol:   I'm glad you know the code and how to work it.  Great Job and Thank You very much.

Regards

Dean :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm deleting old items from the site.  I'm getting the following error. 

1146 - Table 'osc234.TABLE_PRODUCTS_RELATED_PRODUCTS' doesn't exist

delete from TABLE_PRODUCTS_RELATED_PRODUCTS where pop_products_id_master = '3116'

[TEP STOP]

When I click the <- arrow I go right back to the catalog.  Item is gone.  I check the table and products_related_products is there.  The items are relating on the site.  all seems fine except for deleting.  

Hello Dean @@dculley,

Yes, this is left from the old version in the installation instructions, sorry.

Now the database tables should be hardcoded following the BS guidelines.

Please, find in [catalog/]admin/categories.php:

/* Optional Related Products (ORP) */
          tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_RELATED_PRODUCTS . " where pop_products_id_master = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
          tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_RELATED_PRODUCTS . " where pop_products_id_slave = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
        //ORP: end

and change to:

tep_db_query("delete from products_related_products where pop_products_id_master = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
          tep_db_query("delete from products_related_products where pop_products_id_slave = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");

Please confirm, I'll upload then the fix.

Thank you Rainer

Hello Dean @@dculley,

Yes, this is left from the old version in the installation instructions, sorry.

Now the database tables should be hardcoded following the BS guidelines.

Please, find in [catalog/]admin/categories.php:

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_RELATED_PRODUCTS . " where pop_products_id_master = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
          tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_RELATED_PRODUCTS . " where pop_products_id_slave = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");

and change to:

tep_db_query("delete from products_related_products where pop_products_id_master = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
          tep_db_query("delete from products_related_products where pop_products_id_slave = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");

Please confirm, I'll upload then the fix.

Thank you Rainer

Hi I noticed this delete issue as well, thanks for the fix

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Hello Mike @@Mikepo,

I uploaded yesterday a new version which includes this fix and another one.

regards

Rainer

@@raiwa

Hi Rainer

Recently installed the addon, and I think it worked OK. I have just tried to delet/edit a product, and as soon as I hit delete Im taken back to the admin log in page, (Im already logged in) Ilogin again, then try and delete/edit and again taken back to the admin login page. Any thoughts.

Im rather loath to uninstall as Ive spent a reasonable amount of time loading related products.

Many thanks

Cheers

Grandpa

Hello John @@grandpaj,

If this happens when you delete the product in Admin => categories.php, you may need to apply the update to Related_Products_234_BS_5.3.

The fix is also posted here 3 messages above.

If it happens on Admin => related products, I do not have any idea, on my test installations it all work fine.

Kindest regards

Rainer

@@raiwa

Hi Rainer

Don't know whether this has anything to do with it, but in the instructions this appears

[catalog/]product_info.php

[catalog/]includes/languages/english/product_info.php

as a file to make changes to , but from the latest download Ive got there doesn't appear to ba any instruction.

Maybe Ive read the insatll intructions wrong.

Cheers

Grandpa

• 1 month later...

@@raiwa

Hi

Just a heads up.

Recently installed the update of this module. Couldn't figure out why some products were showing correctly, and many were not. the left column was disappearing on many. Anyway tracked it down to  Related_Products_234_BS_5.4_bootstrap\catalog\includes\modules\content\product_info\ If I replaced the module   with an older version the problem was solved. Dont know whether theres a bug or if its just me.

Cheers

grandpa

@@grandpaj,

Which exact versions are you using/did you update from??

The only change since version 5.1 up to the actual version 5.4 is this (int) added:

AND pop_products_id_master = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'

and this change can't produce the problem you mention.

Another thing are the changes introducd in 5.1 versus the first version 5.0.

There the height mode settings are new and can produce some layout issue. If you updated from 5.0 you need to uninstall the module first, replace the file and install again. There are new configuration settings.

regards

Rainer

@@raiwa

Hi

As I suspected it was my fault. Haven't got a clue what I did, I suppose it serves me right for updateing "piecemeal"

Jist trying to get rid of the word Price at the bottom where it shows Price: $0.00 looked in all the obvious places thought it would be in the language file (define('MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_RELATED_PRODUCTS_PRICE_TEXT', 'Price %s:'); Removed it but made no dif. Can you please tell me where I can change this.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Grandpa

Hello @@grandpaj,

I checked and it works what you did. Make sure to remove it in the correct language file, althought you should as it says "Price" in english :)

Otherwise please post the exact code changes you did.

regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa