• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Optional Related Products, Version 4.0

Skittles

Thank you for the fast reply! Skittles.

Well i have to say that i don´t speak english very well so, i couldn´t understand everything u told me.

What do u mean with " Upload the module file"?.

Thanks u again!

Thank you for the fast reply! Skittles.

Well i have to say that i don´t speak english very well so, i couldn´t understand everything u told me.

What do u mean with " Upload the module file"?.

Thanks u again!

Hat3,

Trust me, your English is much better than my Spanish!

"Upload the module file" means to copy the file from your (local) computer to the (remote) web site server using FTP.

On a local install, like this one, just copy the file from the original location of the unzipped contribution into the correct directory of your hard drive.

Locate the file on your computer where you unzipped the contribution. It should still be in the correct file structure, so you should find optional_related_products.php in [archive_path]/catalog/includes/modules, where archive_path is the location of the unzipped contribution.

This is the module file. It contains the code necessary to display the Related Products on the product_info.php page.

Copy this file into c:\website\oscommerce\catalog\includes\modules\

Let me know if this takes care of your problem.

-Skittles

already istall the contribute..

I create something like this in admin site:

Husband name (text field)

Wife name (text field)

Telephone (text field)

In product info i fill in as below:

Husband name (text field) - abcdefg

Wife name (text field) - hijklmno

Telephone (text field) - 123456

found out that if you add in shopping cart.

it will show as below:

abcdefg

hijklmno

supposely it should show :

Husband name : abcdefg

Wife name : hijklmno

Telephone : 123456

so, does anyone know what are the problem ??

already istall the contribute..

I create something like this in admin site:

Husband name (text field)

Wife name (text field)

Telephone (text field)

In product info i fill in as below:

Husband name (text field) - abcdefg

Wife name (text field) - hijklmno

Telephone (text field) - 123456

found out that if you add in shopping cart.

it will show as below:

abcdefg

hijklmno

supposely it should show :

Husband name : abcdefg

Wife name : hijklmno

Telephone : 123456

so, does anyone know what are the problem ??

whiteneck,

I'm not sure I understand your question. And it doesn't look like it has anything to so with this module.

I'm sorry. I just don't see how I can help you here.

-Skittles

Hi Skittles, I'm working on a store that is already on-line at http://www.inesperpina.com and I tried to install the ORP 4.0 but didn't work right and I had to get back to the old files but I would like to keep trying. The problem I had was that at the admin in the left column would show that the table was not in the data base before I could set it up, I didn't get to see the Catalog->Related Products

Hi Skittles, I'm working on a store that is already on-line at http://www.inesperpina.com and I tried to install the ORP 4.0 but didn't work right and I had to get back to the old files but I would like to keep trying. The problem I had was that at the admin in the left column would show that the table was not in the data base before I could set it up, I didn't get to see the Catalog->Related Products

Emiliano,

It would be helpful to know the exact error message. Did you by any chance write it down or save the text to a file?

Not knowing the exact error, I can only guess, but my first thought would be the database table name needs to be added to your database.php files. There are two of them, one for the catalog and one for the Admin. A very common error is to add the information to one file, and then miss making the changes to the second. Very easy to do as the files and the changes are identical.

Even if the admin has an issue, the installation shouldn't interfere with the catalog display. It would be easier to troubleshoot if it were installed. Then you could let me know the exact error(s) as it/they are displayed. Or give me access to the Admin (via email or PM) and I could take a look at it.

We can troubleshoot the install first and then you could add the modified product_info.php file.

I'll be gone for a couple of hours this evening, leaving in about an hour and a half. We may be able to get it working before I head out...

-Skittles

Emiliano,

It would be helpful to know the exact error message. Did you by any chance write it down or save the text to a file?

Not knowing the exact error, I can only guess, but my first thought would be the database table name needs to be added to your database.php files. There are two of them, one for the catalog and one for the Admin. A very common error is to add the information to one file, and then miss making the changes to the second. Very easy to do as the files and the changes are identical.

Even if the admin has an issue, the installation shouldn't interfere with the catalog display. It would be easier to troubleshoot if it were installed. Then you could let me know the exact error(s) as it/they are displayed. Or give me access to the Admin (via email or PM) and I could take a look at it.

We can troubleshoot the install first and then you could add the modified product_info.php file.

I'll be gone for a couple of hours this evening, leaving in about an hour and a half. We may be able to get it working before I head out...

-Skittles

Hi Anita, thanks for answering so fast, yesterday was late at night here when I wrote so I whent to sleep, I guess it's your turn now ;) . We had a mailing done yesteday and we had a lot of people coming in so I kind of paniced and forgot to write down or screenshot the error. Just now I did as you say, I put all the files back except for product_info.php

the error show up when i go to [catalog/]admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog at the left column

1146 - Table 'mysqldatabase.products_related_products' doesn't exist

delete from products_related_products where pop_products_id_master = '0'

[TEP STOP]

Lets say "mysqldatabase" is the name of my MySQL database

1146.gif

Hi Anita, thanks for answering so fast, yesterday was late at night here when I wrote so I whent to sleep, I guess it's your turn now ;) . We had a mailing done yesteday and we had a lot of people coming in so I kind of paniced and forgot to write down or screenshot the error. Just now I did as you say, I put all the files back except for product_info.php

the error show up when i go to [catalog/]admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog at the left column

1146 - Table 'mysqldatabase.products_related_products' doesn't exist

delete from products_related_products where pop_products_id_master = '0'

[TEP STOP]

Lets say "mysqldatabase" is the name of my MySQL database

Emiliano,

Try going back to Administración (the dark blue Entry page) and instead of selecting 'Categories', select 'Configuración'. I don't know if that will help, but the categories.php file does include changes for this contribution.

If you don't get any errors going straight to 'Configuración', then click on 'Related Products' in the left navigation, and the sql utility should open.

If you still get the error when you open 'Configuración', there is something else not right with the install.

Give the above a try and let me know the results. We can decide what to do from there.

I'll be waiting for your post.

-Anita

P.S.

I forgot to say that both database.php are ok

No assumptions here. Did you mean both 'database_tables.php' files? ac

No assumptions here. Did you mean both 'database_tables.php' files? ac

yes, I meant both 'database_tables.php' files, the one at the store and the one at administration

I can go any were at admin but the catalog and I can't see the 'Related Products' link

I'm affraid this is going to be the stupidiest thing that I forgot to do or see :blush:

1147.gif

yes, I meant both 'database_tables.php' files, the one at the store and the one at administration

I can go any were at admin but the catalog and I can't see the 'Related Products' link

I'm affraid this is going to be the stupidiest thing that I forgot to do or see :blush:

Don't panic. We'll figure this out together.

First, I want you to open 'sql_setup_related_products.php' in a text editor, and comment out the left navigation, like this:

<?php // require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); /* left_navigation */?>

Save the file.

Then open the utility by entering the URL into your browser:

http://www.inesperpina.com/[catalog/]admin/sql_setup_related_products.php

replacing [catalog/] with the directory of your store, or remove it if the catalog is in the root directory.

Click on the new install button and the utility 'should' create the table and add all the new configuration entries.

It will then automatically take you 'back' to the related products page in the catalog.

If nothing else, the error that the table doesn't exist should be gone.

Let me know what happens, and we'll decide what to do from there.

-Anita

Don't panic. We'll figure this out together.

First, I want you to open 'sql_setup_related_products.php' in a text editor, and comment out the left navigation, like this:

<?php // require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); /* left_navigation */?>

Save the file.

Then open the utility by entering the URL into your browser:

http://www.inesperpina.com/[catalog/]admin/sql_setup_related_products.php

replacing [catalog/] with the directory of your store, or remove it if the catalog is in the root directory.

Click on the new install button and the utility 'should' create the table and add all the new configuration entries.

It will then automatically take you 'back' to the related products page in the catalog.

If nothing else, the error that the table doesn't exist should be gone.

Let me know what happens, and we'll decide what to do from there.

-Anita

Perfect!! :thumbsup: it worked out just fine entering the URL as you said but there was no 'require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php');' in the file.

This is an awesome tool you made, I'm sure this will be native in a later osCommerce version

I'm not quite sure how it works yet because it's got more options than I thougt :lol:

I tried uploading the modified product_info.php file but I've got an error:

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_RELATED_PRODUCTS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/inesperpina/www/store/product_info.php on line 225

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_RELATED_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/inesperpina/www/store/product_info.php on line 225

in the file line 225:

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_RELATED_PRODUCTS); ?>

Perfect!! :thumbsup: it worked out just fine entering the URL as you said but there was no 'require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php');' in the file.

This is an awesome tool you made, I'm sure this will be native in a later osCommerce version

I'm not quite sure how it works yet because it's got more options than I thougt :lol:

Emiliano,

I'm so glad you got it working. Though I have no idea why your install had problems in the navigation. I think I'd still like to see your catalog menu file. ([catalog\]admin\includes\boxes\catalog.php). I was expecting we'd need to look at it next, and I'm surprised we don't!

I guaranteed the 'require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php')' is in the utility. Without it, you won't see the left navigation. But if opening the file without commenting it out works, who cares!

To help you with all those options, I included a user's guide. In fact, there is an html version of the guide (complete with screenshots) on my website: Optional Related Products v.4.0 User's Guide

The time you take to familiarize yourself with the options, will likely be more than compensated for the time you save when you use the admin.

Have fun,

-Anita

sorry, sorry, sorry!!

I didn't have the right [catalog/]includes/filenames.php up there :sweating:

Now is working great!! :lol:

You know what they say... The Devil's in the details. o:)

But then, they also say... All's well that ends well.

Cute stuff, by the way. If only I were 30 years younger. :rolleyes: And spoke enough Español to follow the checkout instructions... <sigh> You DO ship to the US, don't you?

-Anita

I think I'd still like to see your catalog menu file. ([catalog\]admin\includes\boxes\catalog.php). I was expecting we'd need to look at it next, and I'm surprised we don't!

Do you whant me to post it here?

I guaranteed the 'require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php')' is in the utility. Without it, you won't see the left navigation. But if opening the file without commenting it out works, who cares!

I'm sure it is but I don't see it in the file you said (sql_setup_related_products.php)

To help you with all those options, I included a user's guide. In fact, there is an html version of the guide (complete with screenshots) on my website: Optional Related Products v.4.0 User's Guide

Great, I'll check it out :thumbsup:

Cute stuff, by the way. If only I were 30 years younger. rolleyes.gif And spoke enough Español to follow the checkout instructions... <sigh> You DO ship to the US, don't you?

Thanks, that's my wife that designs and makes with her own hands :wub: , the store is in English and Spanish but I changed the typical flags for abreviations and yes, we do ship tu the US

Thanks againg for all the help Anita, you're the best ;)

I hope to see that you decide to make your self a nice present from our store :P

Do you want me to post it here?

Yes. I'd like to take a look at it.

Also, do you have other contributions on the site? I'd like to figure out what caused the error. If it has to do with blending two or more contributions, it would be good to include information in a troubleshooting guide.

And if there is a mistake in the file, I would think you'd want to fix that before it interferes with any other contributions you'd like to add.

Your wife must be a talented seamstress to create such beautiful lingerie. So much detail work! I know a bit about sewing, so I know she's put a lot of work into her products. I'll bookmark the site, and when my diet and exercise get me back into a size 10, I'll be sure and buy myself a treat from her site! A much better way to celebrate than, say, a chili burger. (Which would be my husband's first choice!) (w00t)

Here's to prosperity!

-Anita

Hi Anita,

Good job, for days I've been searching for a contribution like ORP and everything that I found I didn't have courage to put in my website. I went through the installation with just a few mistakes from my part. Everything looks good until I install the new SQL table, then the page of my products becomes a big mess and I cannot see the suggested products. My website is modified and I can display three different images for my products. I'll try to include here two screenshots that I made (sorry if they don't show up, this is my first time doing this), the regular page and then the page after I applied the SQL table. If you have any clues to give me I really appreciate.

Thank you very much

Margaret

shot1.JPG

shot2.JPG

Hi Anita,

Good job, for days I've been searching for a contribution like ORP and everything that I found I didn't have courage to put in my website. I went through the installation with just a few mistakes from my part. Everything looks good until I install the new SQL table, then the page of my products becomes a big mess and I cannot see the suggested products. My website is modified and I can display three different images for my products. I'll try to include here two screenshots that I made (sorry if they don't show up, this is my first time doing this), the regular page and then the page after I applied the SQL table. If you have any clues to give me I really appreciate.

Thank you very much

Margaret

Margaret,

Checking out a product page, I see this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'RELATED_PRODUCTS_MAX_DISP' at line 14

SELECT pop_products_id_slave, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_quantity, products_tax_class_id, products_image FROM products_related_products, products_description pa, products pb WHERE pop_products_id_slave = pa.products_id AND pa.products_id = pb.products_id AND language_id = '1' AND pop_products_id_master = '319' AND products_status='1' ORDER BY rand() limit RELATED_PRODUCTS_MAX_DISP

If 'RELATED_PRODUCTS_MAX_DISP' were defined, even with an empty string, or null, you wouldn't be seeing the constant name. Makes me think there is a problem with the configuration key.

The first thing I would do is open the Admin Configuration->Related Products and check for the options. You should see:

Display Thumbnail Images
	Display Product Name
	Display Product Model
	Display Price
	Display Quantity Available
	Display Buy Now Button
	Split Display Into Rows
	Define Number of Items Per Row
	Define Number of Items to Display
	Use Random Display Order
	Admin Display: Maximum Rows
	Admin Display: Drop-Down List Maximum Length
	Admin Display: Display List Maximum Length
	Admin Display: Use Product Model
	Admin Display: Use Product Name
	Admin Display: Combine Model and Name separator
	Admin Function: Use Delete Confirmation
	Admin Function: Combine Insert with Inherit

If these are missing, or if you don't see Related Products listed under the Configuration menu in the Admin, the problem is with the configuration_group and configuration table entries.

Check this and get back to me. Then we'll figure out what to do next.

-Anita

P.S. While we're working on this, if you'd like, you can comment out the include statement in product_info.php and your live site won't see the error messages.

Margaret,

The first thing I would do is open the Admin Configuration->Related Products and check for the options. You should see:

Display Thumbnail Images<BR>		Display Product Name<BR>		Display Product Model<BR>		Display Price<BR>		Display Quantity Available<BR>		Display Buy Now Button<BR>		Split Display Into Rows<BR>		Define Number of Items Per Row<BR>		Define Number of Items to Display<BR>		Use Random Display Order<BR>		Admin Display: Maximum Rows<BR>		Admin Display: Drop-Down List Maximum Length<BR>		Admin Display: Display List Maximum Length<BR>		Admin Display: Use Product Model<BR>		Admin Display: Use Product Name<BR>		Admin Display: Combine Model and Name separator<BR>		Admin Function: Use Delete Confirmation<BR>		Admin Function: Combine Insert with Inherit

If these are missing, or if you don't see Related Products listed under the Configuration menu in the Admin, the problem is with the configuration_group and configuration table entries.

Check this and get back to me. Then we'll figure out what to do next.

-Anita

P.S. While we're working on this, if you'd like, you can comment out the include statement in product_info.php and your live site won't see the error messages.

I had uninstalled the contribution but I installed again to check this and I can see Related Products under Configuration in my Admin and the options are all there. I also changed the product_info.php as you suggested but if you go to my store (www.allureart.com) you can see that the index page looks normal but if you click in any product then everything changes.

Thanks for your help.

Margaret

I had uninstalled the contribution but I installed again to check this and I can see Related Products under Configuration in my Admin and the options are all there. I also changed the product_info.php as you suggested but if you go to my store (www.allureart.com) you can see that the index page looks normal but if you click in any product then everything changes.

Thanks for your help.

Margaret

Margaret,

I'm stumped.

I don't see how the changes to the database could affect the layout of your page like that. There must be some conflict between this contribution and and one of the other contributions you already have installed. But without access to the files and the database, I can't do any more tonight.

I would be interested in knowing what contributions (and which versions) you have installed, so I can download the files and look for potential conflicts. And if you'd like, I'm willing to look over the files that need to be modified for this mod; look for any places where this contribution and another need to modify the same lines of code.

When you uninstalled this contribution before, did you remove the code from the files, as well as run the sql uninstall? Or just run the uninstall from the sql utility? (The error I was receiving after you uninstalled would suggest the include statement was still in product_info.php)

It may take a couple of days, what with posting back and forth, but I'm willing to help you make this work with your site.

Time to call it a day. Talk to you tomorrow.

-Anita