• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another Easypopulate topic

pieter123

I've looked everywhere in this forum, but can't find anyone with the same problem.

My problem is, nothing happens! I've installed the latest osCommerce version (with the Register Globals Patch Files, since my host has this turned off), with the standard database products. After that I installed 'Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)' by surfalot, and then overwrote the necesarry files with the ones from 'Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) - register globals off' by moosey_jude.

I've edited the necesarry configuration files (I think) so everything should work fine.

Exporting csv files to edit works great. I open the file in excel, use the 'text to columns' option to split the data into columns, make a few minor changes, save the file as a tab delimited text file, and try to import in using easypopulate.

The page just refreshes without anything happening. It doesns't seem to mather what sort of file I try to upload, every file has the same result(even nonsense files as a .jpg for example), the page just reloads without any errors or anything being done.

What am I missing here? :blink:

The path in the easy populate file may be causing the problem. It is set to us catalog/temp. If you don't have a catalog directory, then it won't work. Also make sure your temp directory has permissions that are the same as on your images directory.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The path in the easy populate file may be causing the problem. It is set to us catalog/temp. If you don't have a catalog directory, then it won't work. Also make sure your temp directory has permissions that are the same as on your images directory.

Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack. I think however that the path is correct. I have a catalog directory plus a temp dir with the correct permissions.

The line in de easypopulate.php reads:

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/";

The standard in the 'Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) - register globals off' by moosey_jude by the way is

$tempdir = DIR_FS_ADMIN . "/temp/";

which would require me to have a temp dir in the admin right?

Don't know why this has been changed in his version.

Any other tips?

thanks in advance

It's always best to ask questions about a particular contribution in the support thread for that contribution. That's what I suggest you do.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Same problem here - see my other thread for details.

It would be great if someone could share any findings on solving the problem.

It's really weird that easypopulate.php doesn't show ANY error or status messages so that there is no clue about what's going on.

cheers

r.