• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Renaming Category block

tugeye

Hi

I want to use this to showcase various stores. As such, on the front page, the block that is titled 'Categories', I would like to rename as 'Stores'

Can someone tell if I can and if so where or what file I would edit.

Additionally, I would like to have a paragraph of information for each store when someone clicks on it.....ie:..if you clicked on Radio Shack..the resulting page would have a blurb about the store, their location, contact info, etc...... followed by their products...is this possible as well?

In the /public_html/includes/languages/english.php file you can change  

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Categories');

to

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Stores');

to

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Stores');[/code]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Sorry, that should read

to

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Stores');

Also, for the special description of each store, you would need a contribution that allows you to have a unique title in each catagoy. I'm not sure what the contribution is, but I've seen it. Take a look in the contributions section. If you can't find it, I'll look for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks for the quick reply........

I've been working for Postnuke for the last while and have a couple projects still under way so I'm new to oscommerce and not sure of the ins & outs.

I really appreciate your patience and help ...if you do know the contribution, I'm sure it would save me hours of hit and miss.

Archived