• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do i get catagories to show up as the first page?

ozzy

How do i get one item from each catagory to show up as the first page? Right now i recently added picnic baskets and they are all showing up first, i sell golf clubs and supplies and accessories, if someone goes to my site and sees picnic baskets they will leave!

Are you talking about in the 'what's new' section? As it alludes, this section will display the most recent additions to your catalog. You can go into your database, and change the date it was added to display the products accordingly.

Also, there is a 'featured products' contribution that allows you to select what products you would like to disply in the Admin. This contribution needs a tweek or two to get it to work with the most recent snapshot, but I'd be happy to help you with the modifications to it, if you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived