• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] All Manufacturers Categories

bruyndoncx

This contribution adds a box with a link to see all manufacturers and the categories of products sold for each.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4836

Easy installation, full files included.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

This contribution adds a box with a link to see all manufacturers and the categories of products sold for each.

I added this last week do all files and edits need to be done again?

Buy Notebooks Cheap

Hi there again,

The only change is that 'and c.categories_status = 1 ' is removed from catalog/all_manufacturers_categories.php around line 62.

If you have it working, no need to make changes.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

strange question -

line 21 of all_manufacturers_categories.php

$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] is giving me catalog/all_manufacturers_categories.php

any idea why catalog is appended before the name?

i cannot find where this is set.

thanks

adam

• 2 weeks later...
Nice contrib - thank you. Any chance of adding a split page result for those shops with a ton of manufacturers to list?

I don't see this happening soon to this contribution as this is an 'all' type of page, which implies it shows all of them without pagination.

The tricky bit is that in order to do pagination, the records to count and split on is for the manufacturer, but the actual detail of the query is at the category level, but you wouldn't want to split based on the number of categories shown but on the number of manufacturers shown. Thus this is quite a bit of separate/new development to accomplish this.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

line 21 of all_manufacturers_categories.php

$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] is giving me catalog/all_manufacturers_categories.php

any idea why catalog is appended before the name?

it gets appended because of that is where it is stored.

if this causes problems, just repace $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] with 'all_manufacturers_categories.php'

which is the more standard osCommerce way. If you want some flexibiility in how you name the file, add it as a define in includes/filenames.php and use the defined value. (you should have plenty of examples like in contact_us.php for how to do this)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I went ahead and submitted a new All Manufacturers contrib to paginate the results :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4938

Corrina

Hi Corrina,

Thanks for posting this,

Just to be clear on this: your contribution only lists the manufacturers, not the categories they have products in. So these are really different solutions. Hopefully it does meet Martha's need.

Carine

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hi Corrina,

Thanks for posting this,

Just to be clear on this: your contribution only lists the manufacturers, not the categories they have products in. So these are really different solutions. Hopefully it does meet Martha's need.

Carine

Hi Carine -

Ok - I can modify this to include the categories. I don't think I realized that the manufacturers were tied to categories.

Is there already a contrib that does this ? but without the pagination ? I think so .......

Version 2.1 is on the way! lol.

Corrie

Hi Carine -

Ok - I can modify this to include the categories. I don't think I realized that the manufacturers were tied to categories.

Is there already a contrib that does this ? but without the pagination ? I think so .......

Version 2.1 is on the way! lol.

Corrie

Yes, this is the support thread for it, but it obviously doesn't do pagination. :lol:

But maybe in the morniing when I get up again in about 6 hours you'll have it done :thumbsup:

Carine

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Great contribution.

But I have a problem, when I click on a category, instead of showing me the products from that category, it shows all products from that manufacturer.

It shows the categories that belongs to that manufacturer with the number of products, but it takes me to all products. Strange, because the link in the browser seems to be fine:

h t t p://localhost/index.php?manufacturers_id=43&category_id=122

Any ideas?

Edited by upgrade

• 4 years later...