• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Background !

Hi guy's

2 questions this morning ...

1- I'm trying to change the background of the main cart pages + the background of the boxes itself ( not the header) ...

made a search in the forum and tried a lots of different things ( in the css stylesheet ) but when i upload my style sheet ...nothing changes ?

2- I found most of the pages to edit the text except the PHP page for ...

"Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? "

Thank's

Thank's a lot

Now only question 1 to resolve  :)

If you have uploaded your stylesheet to the correct place on the server, then a couple of refreshes in your browser and you should see your changes.

Are you certain you are uploading it correctly... ? What is your URL - maybe one of us here can visit and say what we see...

Normally I would look at the stylesheet under

http://www.charme-et-vous.com/shop/stylesheet.css

Because that is the one that is being loaded ;-)

By looking at it I notice

<!-- created by Causeway CSS Stylesheet Editor RCS 2001 -->

And it for sure doesn't look like the stylesheet.css we provide.

HTH

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

I've install os-commerce with Fantastico witch is supplied with my web hosting provider

and what u call "catalog" me it's called "shop"

are you telling me that ...to change the background of the cart pages i have to modify Both stylesheet.css ?

Regard's

I've install os-commerce with Fantastico witch is supplied with my web hosting provider

Now we are getting in real problems.

You seem to use a version of osCommerce that has been modified by the Fantastico people.

We do not know what they changed. That makes supporting you rather difficult. But we will try.

Please tell us if you are trying to do this on the catalog side or for the admin part. That defines which stylesheet we need to look at.

BTW - can you provide an URL to fantastico? Maybe we can find out what they changed.

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

Cpanelthemes.com is also using osCommerce to sell their control panels.

Even with the "Powered by osCommerce" line - and its even an URL.

Nice :-)

Well - the normal (read - a standard osCommerce) approach would be to edit the stylesheet.css on the toplevel of your catalog directory.

I just checked mine:

It contains this:

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

That would be the place to change the background.

After examining your stylesheet.css I can see this:

BODY {font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-size:"Small"; margin-top:"0px"; margin-bottom:"0px"; color:"#000000"; margin-left:"0px"; margin-right:"0px"; background:"#ffffff";

}

Which is - well - slightly different.

Again - I first need to know where you want to change the background. In the catalog part or in the Admin part?

HTH

Is there ever a minute you aren't on the forums?

Yes. I was on vacation two weeks ago :-) Nobody noticed?

Seriously, are you coding with one hand on one computer and surfing the forums with the other?  

And using the third and fourth hand to do my daytime job to feed the kids. I always like receiving donations ;-)

But osCommerce has become part of my life, I admit. It is wonderful to be here and as I am involved for some two years now I have seen the community grow to what it now is.

The kudos go to Harald and only Harald. He's the master-brain and the man that made all of this possible.

I am just one small team member that tries to help a bit ;-)

Archived