• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

This is not going well...

I'm trying to build my store with this software (great stuff!)...

This is the first site I'm building in this scope. All the previous ones were just some HTML.

It's going well, except for some fundamental things I haven't figured out. I'd appreciate any help you guys can give.

take a look at this: http://ethan.withangeleyes.com/catalog/default.php

That's what I have so far, and here are my questions:

1. first of all, I replaced the default osCommerce logo in the lefthand corner, but I haven't found the source file that calls to it. I'd like to be able to put any filename I want there, and not have the osCommerce description appear after holding the mouse over it for a second.

2. In what file is the text that appears over the products? I'd hate it if my site permenantly read "This is a demonstration online-shop..."

3. I'm only useing one currency, so I'd want to remove that Dropdown feild. Same goes for the Language, with one exception: I want to build a Hebrew language page. What would this involve?

4. Can I limit the maximum hight of an image without having to stretch/ skew it? Take a look at the Worf neck tie, and you'll see what I'm talking about...

5. I got my Logo on the bottom of the page, but I'd rather it not have an href tag on it. Can it be removed?

I figure that's it for now...

Thanks,

-Ethan

1. first of all, I replaced the default osCommerce logo in the lefthand corner, but I haven't found the source file that calls to it.

catalog/includes/header.php

2. In what file is the text that appears over the products? I'd hate it if my site permenantly read "This is a demonstration online-shop..."

catalog/includes/languages/english/default.php

3. I'm only useing one currency, so I'd want to remove that Dropdown feild. Same goes for the Language, with one exception: I want to build a Hebrew language page. What would this involve?

editing catalog/includes/column_right.php and commenting out the languages and currencies box

4. Can I limit the maximum hight of an image without having to stretch/ skew it? Take a look at the Worf neck tie, and you'll see what I'm talking about...

In admin goto images and set the height of images to a defined value and set the width to 0.

5. I got my Logo on the bottom of the page, but I'd rather it not have an href tag on it. Can it be removed?

How did it get there?

Questions 1,2,3,4 are answered many times before. Use the search function BEFORE you post a question. Please :-)

HTH

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

Thanks, that was helpful, but...

in what file is the header name? I mean the text that's displayed on the very top of the screen to the left (on the generaly blue window frame) The default is osCommerce...

About cutting out the languages and the curencies, I beleive I saw, in the admin pages, an option simply not to display those feilds, but I can't find it now. If there is such an option, I'd prefer useing it.

Oh, and I got my logo to the bottom of the page useing the banner editor in the Admin options.

Thanks, that was helpful, but...

in what file is the header name? I mean the text that's displayed on the very top of the screen to the left (on the generaly blue window frame) The default is osCommerce...

You mean the title? catalog/includes/languages/english.php

About cutting out the languages and the curencies, I beleive I saw, in the admin pages, an option simply not to display those feilds, but I can't find it now. If there is such an option, I'd prefer useing it.

There were discussion and even a contribution (that might be outdated now) to do that. But it is not in the snapshots, so you will have to edit the column_right.php (make a backup first).

Oh, and I got my logo to the bottom of the page useing the banner editor in the Admin options.

Why use a banner for this?

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

Archived