• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Thanks for help guys....I just started from scratch....the problem i had i thing is i didnt merge the files together with winmerge :-)

It now seams to be working :-) One question, where do i store my audio mp3s to make available for download :-)

I have searched for over an hour for this answer as simple as it is (Hopefully). I think everything went well with the installation and I am trying to set up 'FILES IN GROUP' After entering a filename, it says "File doesn't exist." I have uploaded the .zip file to the download folder and have tried every file address I can think of.

Can you help a web newb?

Hey all, ive read as much as i can take in this forum, and found some one who has the same problem as me!!!! But the answer has been deleted :-(

Im new to Php and MySql, so am really confused with how to install the "Super Download Shop"

My website is at http://www.dropbeatdigital.com/catalog

Up to now I have manged to get the physical goods listed for sale, sorted paypal and run a test so that i no it works...ie the pioneer cdj for 2p :-)

What is giving me a total and pure headache is trying to install the module for the digital downloads... I am sure i have tried everything,

After following all the instructions from the downloaded module file;

STEP #1 - Run sql scripts

* BACKUP YOUR DATABASE NOW!

* Run both sql scripts via phpMyAdmin.

* - Notice - If Downloads Controllers has already been installed before, DO NOT run downloads_controller_english.sql again.

STEP #2 - Copy all files in new_files/catalog over

* /catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php

* /catalog/admin/includes/group_download.php

* /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ic_down.gif

* /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ic_up.gif

* /catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_download.gif

STEP #3 - Modify existing files

BACKUP THESE FILES NOW!

* catalog/checkout_process.php

* catalog/download.php

* catalog/admin/orders.php

* catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

* catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

* catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

* catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

* catalog/includes/database_tables.php

* catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php

STEP 3.1 - Modified files are in modified_files folder of this package. Plaese use file comparing tool like WinMerge to make modifications to

* catalog/checkout_process.php

* catalog/download.php

* catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php

* catalog/admin/orders.php

* catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

If you didn't modify these 5 files before, you can upload them and overwrite the existing files. (Only apply to osCommerce 060817 update)

STEP 3.2 - And then add new definitions to files list below: (Do NOT overwrite your existing files with the ones came with this package!!)

* catalog/includes/database_tables.php

* catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

* catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

* catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

STEP #4 - Run db setup

* Run catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php in your browser. This file will create the initial file group entry in your database for each language you have.

* - Important! - The file group id #0 must be defined by this file, it's for downloads which are not using file groups (single file per item).

STEP #5 - Modify Payment Modules

* Some payment modules, such as osCommerce PayPal IPN module, bypass checkout_process.php, which causes the modification skipped and fails this contribution. Modification in checkout_process.php must be manually coded into such payment modules.

All i get when typing in my browser is this;

1146 - Table 'dropbeat_alpha.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS where download_group_id = 0 and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I have used winmerge to modify the files, and dreamweaver to upload/download (get/put) also used smart ftp to transfer images etc etc etc

Anyone no how i can get this working, would be grately appreciated...or if there is any vids on web explaing it to a dummy like me hahhaha

oh and this i dont understand at all....would be good if anyone could give me a step by step...

The file group id #0 must be defined by this file, it's for downloads which are not using file groups (single file per item).

Thian :-)

i had the same problem like thian.. but i looked at the skripts and make the mysql-entrys by myself... the filegroup_db_setup.php runs...

but if i go to administrations-panel of oscommerce catalog/produkt-attributes> than i get this error-message:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS' at line 1

select * from products_options where language_id = '2' order by products_options_id limit -0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS

[TEP STOP]

HEADING_TITLE_OPT

Warning: Division by zero in /home/tradeesc/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33

Warning: Division by zero in /home/tradeesc/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 47

whats the problem?

This looks like a contribution that I really need, considering I have large files that I want to offer in my store. Is there any chance someone could tell me exactly how to install this contribution. I have tried installing contributions before and ended up having to redo my entire store :o So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This looks like a contribution that I really need, considering I have large files that I want to offer in my store. Is there any chance someone could tell me exactly how to install this contribution. I have tried installing contributions before and ended up having to redo my entire store :o So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The installation instructions are included in the contribution. The procedure is:

1) Download it

2) Read the included instructions

3) Start from step 1, then do step 2, etc.

4) If you don't understand some particular part of any step, ask specifically about what it is you don't understand.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

Hi all,

I´m just in the process to install the Super Download Shop and everything went smooth until now, when I try to group files together in the administration page I get an error telling me:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../Shop/admin/products_attributes.php on line 150

on my line 150 there is:

foreach($file_selected as $k => $file_name) {

if (tep_not_null($file_name)) {

$file_name = tep_db_prepare_input($file_name);

// check if file already in group

$file_check_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES . " where download_group_id = '" . (int)$filegroup_id . "' and download_group_filename = '" . $file_name . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($file_check_query) == 0) {

// check existing file and descriptions

$file_query = tep_db_query("select download_groups_file_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES . " where download_group_filename = '" . $file_name . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($file_query) > 0) {

$file_array = tep_db_fetch_array($file_query);

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES . " (download_groups_file_id, download_group_id, download_group_filename) values ('" . (int)$file_array['download_groups_file_id'] . "', '" . (int)$filegroup_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($file_name) . "')");

} else {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES . " (download_group_id, download_group_filename) values ('" . (int)$filegroup_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($file_name) . "')");

$download_groups_file_id = tep_db_insert_id();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i ++) {

$file_desc = tep_db_prepare_input(TEXT_TEMP_DESC . ' ' . $download_groups_file_id);

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_TO_FILES . " (download_groups_file_id, language_id, download_group_file_description) values ('" . (int)$download_groups_file_id . "', '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($file_desc) . "')");

}

}

}

Because I´m not used to all that programming language and just can compare and cut and paste I can´t go any further.... any help would greatly appreciatet. I think there might be another file that collides with this one...

Also I have the Paypal IPN module installed and not sure yet as how I can modify the checkout process as Alex studio mentioned it in his guide. If there is any discussion or post where I can get this modification from it would be cool.

Best regards - Christoph

Hi all,

right now - following my last post - I can´t use the function where I can have subfolders in my download folder... I can live with that. Right now I only have the bugging problem that when I change something in the administration view it updates but leaves me with a blank, white browser window... doesn´t refresh the updated view. So I have to delete the last command after the "?" in the browser panel where you type in the www-address to come back. Any ideas how to solve this problem or where it can came from?

Best regards - Christoph

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

im having problems with super download shop and paypal-ipn, and couldnt find an answer after reading the posts here...

note - i have already made the changes to the paypal_ipn.php page as stated in http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=250062&st=122

i have paypal-ipn module installed, and working ok, (i can test checkout process, go to paypal, make the payment, and return to the checkout_success.php page. paypal sandbox says the payment is confirmed, and the emails are sent)

but now i have installed Super download shop and seems the payment has stopped working. if i make a test purchase, i go trhough all the process, go to paypal, pay, comeback to the shop, but the order will remain on order status "preparing paypal ipn".

in fact, the Super Downloads Shop seems to be working ok, (if i manually change the order status in admin to "download now available", the download links appears on the customer account in the shop).

but i dont even know where to start looking to find what the problem is...

im using Osc rc2a

any ideas?

i just got a client who wants to open ebook shop. so i was looking for download contrib and found this one. i have one question:

ebooks can come in various formats, i will need to use 3: pdf, mobi and lit. so can this contribution help me with this? i need customer to choose which one he wants to buy i don't want to let him download all 3 (group part of this contrib).

thank you.

i just got a client who wants to open ebook shop. so i was looking for download contrib and found this one. i have one question:

ebooks can come in various formats, i will need to use 3: pdf, mobi and lit. so can this contribution help me with this? i need customer to choose which one he wants to buy i don't want to let him download all 3 (group part of this contrib).

thank you.

The format issue isn't something that SDS is concerned with, that is a product issue. You can create a product with three different attributes, and specify a different file or files to download for each product/attribute combination.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

Hi!

First off, thanks for the great contrib!

I tried this one before in an old shop and got it to work perfectly. Now I've build a new shop and can't get the download link to show in my account history... I've tried anything I could think of..

Can you help me out? What am I missing?

I've reran the installation and still it doesn't work. It looks like I'm missing something.. I can make file groups and add files to it without any problem, so that shouldn't be it. I just can't get the download link to appear.. :(

edit

never mind.. thought I'd add an option to the product (media type - mp3) and now it works.. Yay! :)

Edited by gvees

Before I add this add-on, I had a couple quick questions. Step #5 of the installation mentions something about OsCommerce Paypal IPN module not working and that it must be manually coded? Are there instructions for that somewhere? I am using PayPal Website Payments Pro by Dynamoeffects, will that work with this add-on, using PayPal IPN to give site paid feedback and allow downloads to proceed? Or do I need an additional add-on to work with PayPal IPN? Thanks.

The WPP module by Dynamoeffects does not require any modification.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Thanks Alex. Another question, I am trying to setup the Orders Status within phpMyAdmin. How do I add the new rows, Updated and Download Now Available, to the order_status_id table? My screen isn't showing a way to insert a row like in the instructions. I see a create view, but I don't know how to insert rows into a table within phpMyAdmin. Do you have a sql script for that? English language only needed. Thanks.

The WPP module by Dynamoeffects does not require any modification.

I guess we have to sometimes answer our own questions. If anyone else has difficulty adding the rows into the orders_status table here is an SQL Query to run to add the rows as described in the Download_Shop instructions. I only used the English language ID, you will have to add more rows for other language ID's.

Run this MySQL Query in addition to two others for Download Shop for OsCommerce. I don't know why this was missing for so many years this add-on has been available.

INSERT INTO orders_status

(orders_status_id,language_id,orders_status_name)

VALUES (12,1,"Updated");

INSERT INTO orders_status

(orders_status_id,language_id,orders_status_name)

VALUES (11,1,"Download Now Available")

Now, I just have to figure out how to get the download files to work correctly. I am having trouble with the included instructions, since I previously set up all my downloads before I added this add-on. The files downloaded have 0 bytes, otherwise everything else seems working. Anyone with ideas why that might be happening?????

Thanks Alex. Another question, I am trying to setup the Orders Status within phpMyAdmin. How do I add the new rows, Updated and Download Now Available, to the order_status_id table? My screen isn't showing a way to insert a row like in the instructions. I see a create view, but I don't know how to insert rows into a table within phpMyAdmin. Do you have a sql script for that? English language only needed. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help with this one. I had a bit of a hard time setting it up as the code completely did not match the store I was working on and instead of the type of instructions I'm used to, it has the "compare the files" task. Most of the code differences had to do with check orders status and date last updated (instead of date purchased), so once I could see what it wanted I fine tuned it and got it going. It wasn't that many files so I did my best and it seems to be working! This is a fantastic contribution and is PERFECT for what the client needs.

However - I have a slight problem with too many download links (2 links to same product).

If I order a whole set, let's say 8 downloads, I get the list of 1-8 and then the group title with no link. There is no file for that so that's why it doesn't have a link but why is it showing up at all?

I also went in a bought a single product, and the download shows twice. Just one under the other. I can't figure out why it's doing that. Maybe when I buy it, it sticks 2 into the database for that order? I should go check that out. I've looked through the code and can't figure out what's causing it. Yep just looked and it's inserting 2 of the same item into the download for that order. Hmm.

I would appreciate any help. I need to finish this up fairly quickly. Thanks!!

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Currently the file groups will show up even without any file assigned. I'll put this in the list for future update if I have a chance to work on this contrib again. For the time being, please remember to assign at least one file for each group.

I don't know what's wrong with your installation which caused the download showed twice. If the download was logged in the database twice, it must be in the checkout_process.php, otherwise it could be the downloads module.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Dear friends,

I have one more question about Super Download Shop 1.1 for rc2a, submitted 15 Oct 2008

Could it be this contains a mod "Linkmatics attributes" which is not fully applied?

in this file:

• catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

apparently someone started to implement a sort_order field.

- The table headings are added,

- empty fields are displayed,

- the Insert-form shows a field for sort_order.

But there is no column in the database tables (TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION or TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD) to fill the displayed column.

The Update-form misses the sort_order field too.

I could not find clues in the change log or update instructions, how to get the thing working right, apart from deleting the extra lines containing the sort order extra.

The affected lines are:

line 758-765

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"> <?php echo TABLE_HEADING_OPT_PRICE_PREFIX; ?> </td>

<?php // >>>> BOF Linkmatics attributes plus edit - added next line to add sort order column ?>
		 <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"> <?php echo TABLE_HEADING_OPT_SORT_ORDER; ?> </td>
		<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"> <?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
<?php // >>>> EOF Linkmatics attributes plus edit ?>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"> <?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="8"><?php echo tep_black_line(); ?></td>

should be

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"> <?php echo TABLE_HEADING_OPT_PRICE_PREFIX; ?> </td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="8"><?php echo tep_black_line(); ?></td>

line 908-927

<td align="center" class="smallText"> <b><?php echo $attributes_values["price_prefix"]; ?></b> </td>

<?php // >>>> BOF <<<< EOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus edit - added next line to add sort order column ?>
			 		<td align="center" class="smallText"> <b><?php echo $attributes_values["sort_order"]; ?></b> </td>

<td align="center" class="smallText"> <b><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'action=delete_attribute&attribute_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_id'] . '&' . $page_info) . '">'; ?><?php echo tep_image_button('button_confirm.gif', IMAGE_CONFIRM); ?></a>  <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, $page_info, 'NONSSL') . '">'; ?><?php echo tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL); ?></a> </b></td>
<?php
} else {
?>
		<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $attributes_values["products_attributes_id"]; ?> </td>
		<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $products_name_only; ?> </td>
		<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $options_name; ?> </td>
		<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $values_name; ?> </td>
		<td align="right" class="smallText"> <?php echo $attributes_values["options_values_price"]; ?> </td>
		<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo $attributes_values["price_prefix"]; ?> </td>

<?php // >>>> BOF <<<< EOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus edit - added next line to add sort order column ?>
			 		<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo $attributes_values["sort_order"]; ?> </td>

<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'action=update_attribute&attribute_id=' . $attributes_values['products_attributes_id'] . '&' . $page_info, 'NONSSL') . '">'; ?><?php echo tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE); ?></a>  <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'action=delete_product_attribute&attribute_id=' . $attributes_values['products_attributes_id'] . '&' . $page_info, 'NONSSL') , '">'; ?><?php echo tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE); ?></a> </td>

should be

<td align="center" class="smallText"> <b><?php echo $attributes_values["price_prefix"]; ?></b> </td>
		<td align="center" class="smallText"> <b><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'action=delete_attribute&attribute_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['attribute_id'] . '&' . $page_info) . '">'; ?><?php echo tep_image_button('button_confirm.gif', IMAGE_CONFIRM); ?></a>  <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, $page_info, 'NONSSL') . '">'; ?><?php echo tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL); ?></a> </b></td>
<?php
} else {
?>
		<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $attributes_values["products_attributes_id"]; ?> </td>
		<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $products_name_only; ?> </td>
		<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $options_name; ?> </td>
		<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $values_name; ?> </td>
		<td align="right" class="smallText"> <?php echo $attributes_values["options_values_price"]; ?> </td>
		<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo $attributes_values["price_prefix"]; ?> </td>
		<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'action=update_attribute&attribute_id=' . $attributes_values['products_attributes_id'] . '&' . $page_info, 'NONSSL') . '">'; ?><?php echo tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE); ?></a>  <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'action=delete_product_attribute&attribute_id=' . $attributes_values['products_attributes_id'] . '&' . $page_info, 'NONSSL') , '">'; ?><?php echo tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE); ?></a> </td>

line 969-974

<td align="right" class="smallText"> <input type="text" name="price_prefix" size="2" value="+"> </td>

<td align="right" class="smallText"> <input type="text" name="sort_order" size="3" value="0"> </td>

<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo tep_image_submit('button_insert.gif', IMAGE_INSERT); ?> </td>

should be

<td align="right" class="smallText"> <input type="text" name="price_prefix" size="2" value="+"> </td>
		<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo tep_image_submit('button_insert.gif', IMAGE_INSERT); ?> </td>

Did I miss something?

thanks in advance for an answer

Eveline

Did this get fixed? I downloaded the most recent version and still had the heading show until I defined it. My sort order column is blank (except for the heading) and I'm wondering how it might help me from scrolling through 18 pages of attributes if I could use it.

Currently the file groups will show up even without any file assigned. I'll put this in the list for future update if I have a chance to work on this contrib again. For the time being, please remember to assign at least one file for each group.

I don't know what's wrong with your installation which caused the download showed twice. If the download was logged in the database twice, it must be in the checkout_process.php, otherwise it could be the downloads module.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Yes the code was duplicated in the checkout_process file so I just deleted it and it works fine. As for the file group showing, I changed the code to say "Thank you for downloading [File Group]! and to not show expiration or # of downloads remaining for that file:

download_all.jpg

EVErything seems to work fine except that the customers cant see their order history (items). I made some tests and when I change in an order the status from Download now available to completed for example, the order appears on the order history. So the download now available status seems to have problems with the order history. I also have PWA installed, so I really dont know wich contrib is having trouble.

Could you please help me??

thanx in advance

That sounds like an orders status issue, you probably have undefined orders status in your orders history table.

Hi Alex!

I'm new to oscommerce and I haven't actually installed a site yet because I see that you can get into trouble by installing a bunch of different add-ons in the "wrong order". So I'm trying to evaluate exactly which add-ons I will need and see what is the best order in which to install them, before even starting.

I'm very interested in your contribution, Super Download Shop, because that is the kind of shop I want to create. I want to use only PayPal, and I only want to sell downloadable products (ebooks & software). I don't mind if the customer has to go through a separate payment process for each product, if they want more than one, but I can see that customers might prefer to do a single checkout. What has been your experience with this issue? Do you actually get more sales if people don't have to complete a separate PayPal transaction for each product?

The SEO modules sound interesting but I have no idea which one to choose. Do you have a recommendation? (Sorry to ask you that if I'm not supposed to be asking things that are technically "off topic", but you sound so knowledgeable about this kind of store.)

I might like to add an affiliate program...not sure. If I do add one, which one do you recommend?

I would also like to sell banner ads on my site, for people who want to buy ads (because hopefully I can get a ton of traffic moving to my shop from various other sites I own, including ad sites). Is anyone doing this, and if so what add-on are you using?

Last question (for now): If I were to add Super Download Shop, a SEO module, an Affiliate Program module, and a banner ads add-on (assuming one exists), in what order should I install them?

Thank you so much & sorry to be a pain right at the beginning!