• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Hello

I am trying to get this add-on to work with my store. I have installed the latest version of oscommerce and followed the directions supplied with the add-on. When I do a test purchase I can see the status has been changed to download now available but I have no download links showing anywhere? on installation for step 3.1, this is a fresh install of the store so I just uplaoded and replaced those 5 files and for step 3.2 I added the lines to those files.

So I am not sure what I am missing. For the testing I used both the Credit Card (Not For Production Use) and check/money order and manually set the status to ready for download.

Any ideas or help please?

is the word TEST a link or no? that is USUALLY how it should work.. there is also a download button in the package.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

not sure if this is already built in or if I can request this as a feature OR if anyone that knows a module that can do the following:

My store offers php code that I have to encode and lock to my customers websites before they can download. So what I am looking to do is the required work to the code upload it then point the customers order to that specific file. So I might have 300 customers that buy the same code but Id have 300 accounts pointing to 300 different files. Any ideas or help on this?

alex or anybody?

Bumping it constantly isn't going to get anyone's attention. There are hundreds of contribution threads going on at any given time and the chances of anyone coming along who is using this, is pretty slim.

At any rate, what do you mean it does not work? You cannot click on the link button? You get a cannot load page error when you click on it? You need to be specific or nobody is going to be able to help you.

check your permissions for downloads folder.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

check your permissions for downloads folder.

I downloaded the files for the super download store that you contributed for add ons to

allow customers to receive an auto-download of ebook products paid for.

What folder or do I need to create a folder to upload these files to my oscommerce site?

What is the path to get to the correct folder in cpanel for the oscommerce cart to upload these files and make the change?

This new contribution allows you to store downlad files in sub folders. If you utilize the group files for download feature, you don't need to type-in filenames. It will also check if the file exist or not.

The PayPal IPN module is not included in this contribution package.

What folder do I upload the Super Download Store files to for my oscommerce cart?

Do you have the complete info on the set up for this?

• 2 weeks later...
Did you check the spelling of the download filenames? It's case sensitive.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I checked it and its at 777 and after I switched it and it still dont work. but how is the linking work? would it be like catalog/download then the file or is it http://yoursite.com/catalog/download then the file?

This depends on where your store is. If its in the catalog folder then leave that in. if its in the root folder, take catalog out.

Hope thats the answer you were expecting

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

sure it does, if you set the status to 0 then that means it will show on the checkout_success.php

I cannot find anyway to make it so that the download is available immediately after a customer submits their order. Credit cards are processed using authorize.net.

Here is the latest things I have tried:

Latest test

I set the download status to '0' and authorize.net status to 'processing'.

The checkout_success.php page comes up and shows "Download your products now" and shows the name of he download file, but there is no link and the following phrase is listed:

Expiry date:

Friday 03 December, 1999

So, obviously the download is not available because of the Expiry date. How is it coming up with this date? Where can I change this date?

Even if I was to get the Expiry date issue to work, the problem would be if my customer is wanting to continue allowing checks as payment. A person who makes payment by check would be able to download the product immediately and not mail check. But maybe I can convince them to not take checks for any of their products. There is no way to stop check payments just on downloads is there?

Another test:

I have download status at '10' and authorize.net status to 'processing'. This of course does not allow checkout_success.php. But it also does not make it that when the customer logs into their account to be able to download the file immediately. I still have to change status of invoice to 'download now available' or 'update'.

I have made download status at '12' just like update is '12'. This does not allow immediate download.

How can I get an immediate download with authorize.net payment. Has anybody got this contrib to work with authorize.net?

Hello,

I don't know whether this got answered before or not but here goes. This contribution works perfectly with both authorize.net payment and paypal_ipn Here is the trick. The payment statuses must match! The default payment status for downloads to be available is 12. What you must do is change that to be the payment status for your authorize.net payments from pending to processing. So if authorize.net has Authorized/Pending Capture they can get their downloads instantly on the checkout_success.php page.

As I recall there is also a page where the settings for the expected status of 12 is hard coded you have to find this and change it from 12 to 3 or which ever one you choose as your download available status. Sorry I forget which page that it is and which contribution is it paypal_ipn or Super Download Shop

Hope that helps

This is of no help if there is a step that is missing. What page do we need to go to hard code the expected status.

Can anyone give me specific settings for order status, processing, authorize.net, etc. that will make downloads immediate. I am only using the authorize.net payment module-not using check module.

What I am looking for is something like, download status should be 10, processing should be 8, authorize.net should use processing status or download status, etc. Should I make a completely new status for authorize.net?

I have tried every combination I can think of. Almost all of them give me the Expiry Date: Dec 1999.