• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

• 4 weeks later...

If this has been answered, please forgive me.

I would like the download information, path, days and times to be included in the Email to the customer as well as displayed in the checkout success page. Has anyone done this or can someone tell me what page and query generate this info so I can copy that to the Email?

I am using pay without an account so I want to make sure the customer has a record of the download path.

Thanks,

Dan

• 1 month later...

I have a site which will sell products by download only and this Super Download Store is just what I need so firstly, thank you.

Secondly, I have to ask if this is a 'stand alone' program or is it's meant to work with another - like oscommerce?

If so, do I have to replace files/folders?

Also, I am with OK Pay, I have their payment module, where do I put it?

I'm normally pretty good at this html stuff but this .php is a bit alien to me and I'm dead worried about making a serious mistake!

Thank you for being here, Steve

I have a site which will sell products by download only and this Super Download Store is just what I need so firstly, thank you.

Secondly, I have to ask if this is a 'stand alone' program or is it's meant to work with another - like oscommerce?

If so, do I have to replace files/folders?

Also, I am with OK Pay, I have their payment module, where do I put it?

I'm normally pretty good at this html stuff but this .php is a bit alien to me and I'm dead worried about making a serious mistake!

Thank you for being here, Steve

As it is in the oscommerce add on section i definately think that it needs oscommerce. Download the folder and open it. Within the folder there are install instructions, read them. It really is that easy.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I have just spent an afternoon getting the last download to work with 2.3.1, sorry I have not kept a log of the changes required so it might be an idea to use the version before Dunweb's and check for any fixes required in this thread.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

As it is in the oscommerce add on section i definately think that it needs oscommerce. Download the folder and open it. Within the folder there are install instructions, read them. It really is that easy.

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply. You say the super Download Store is in the oscommerce add-on section.

I have a pre-configured 2.3.1 on my site, but cannot find the 'add-on' tab to get the SDS - or doesn't it work like that?

Maybe I could go to my ftp client and manually transfer the SDS Catalogue folder to replace the 2.3.1 cataogue?

Or do they both work with each other?

Thank you for your time, Steve

Edited by Cascade

I've got a problem after the customer returns to thier account to download the product. Under the order history I have four entries.

01/01/2012 Download Now Available PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; 1.99)]

01/01/2012 Download Now Available

I'm fairly certain this isn't normal. I thought at first maybe they were for the different languages. I changed the text in the database for each of the languages and the changes didn't show up.

In my admin - download section I have 2 Downloads Controller Update Status Value entries. Not sure if I delete the second entry if it will mess something else up.

I'm also using paypal sandbox for testing.

Michael

Edited by docboxer

===Error---The file filename.zip doesn't exist.---in "Files In Group" area===

Hello. I love the idea of this addon.

However, it cannot seem to work on my server. The only problem is that when I put a filename for a downloadable product in the "Files In Group" area, I keep getting an error: The file filename.zip doesn't exist.

I tried multiple clean reinstalls, and I'm still getting this error. All the files are in the download folder and the correct name is used.

Anyone experienced the same problem and got around it?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance :)

I've got a problem after the customer returns to thier account to download the product. Under the order history I have four entries.

01/01/2012 Download Now Available PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; 1.99)]

I'm fairly certain this isn't normal. I thought at first maybe they were for the different languages. I changed the text in the database for each of the languages and the changes didn't show up.

In my admin - download section I have 2 Downloads Controller Update Status Value entries. Not sure if I delete the second entry if it will mess something else up.

I'm also using paypal sandbox for testing.

Michael

This is a communication issue between your hosting account server and PayPals server. Not an issue with the contribution.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the response. Is the communication problem because I'm using the sandbox or is it something I will just have to live with?

One other question If you don't mine.

In the Admin-Localization, Download Now Available and Updated Are they suppose to have Green checkmarks under the Public Status and Downloads Status or red X's?

Thanks again.

Michael

===Error---The file filename.zip doesn't exist.---in "Files In Group" area===

Hello. I love the idea of this addon.

However, it cannot seem to work on my server. The only problem is that when I put a filename for a downloadable product in the "Files In Group" area, I keep getting an error: The file filename.zip doesn't exist.

I tried multiple clean reinstalls, and I'm still getting this error. All the files are in the download folder and the correct name is used.

Anyone experienced the same problem and got around it?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance smile.png

I'm posting in case it might be usefull for others:

I tried this and it worked ====>

CHMOD to 777 the file catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php

re-run the file.

It magically worked!

Now I only have one more issue:

When download by redirect is set to false, every files are downloaded with double the file size.

For instance, a 15MB ZIP file will get downloaded as a 30MB file. Same for larger files, a 250MB ZIP file results in a download of 500MB. However, once unzipped the files worked and the content within the zip files has the appropriate file size.

It seems as the script puts double the amount of information on the zip files, which is quite annoying for a customer due to a longer downloading time.

When download by redirect is set to true, I get an HTTP 404 Not Fund error!!!!

Anyone of you got a similar problem?

Regards,

Steve

I forgot to mention that I am hosting on a dedicated server on Linux (CentOS 5.7) and PHP 5.1.6

I still don't understand why download by redirect doesn't work. (404 Not found error) and download by redirect sets to false generates files that are double the file size (a 15MB ZIP file will get downloaded as a 30MB file). Besides that, the admin section works, and the whole store works. Only the download part doesn't work...

This is a great addon that would love to have on my store, if I can get this to work!

Hi Alex,

For the most part, really loving this contribution. I've been asked to set up osCommerce for a site that sells graphics tutorials, and this has made a whole lot of things so much simpler and more usable.

Have come across one weird problem, though. A standard tutorial includes 4 files: 2 .swf files which are the actual tutorials and 2 .zip files which have the graphical elements used in the tutorial. The .zips are downloading just fine. However, the .swfs are downloading at double the size of the actual files - for example, a 22Mb file will download at 44Mb or so.

Any idea why this might be happening? Is this likely to be an issue with the code handling the downloads, or a file/server problem?

Did you ever fixed the double file size problem? I have the exact same problem, but with ZIP files.

I'm running Oscommerce 2.3.1 with the latest version of Super Download Store 2.3.x by DunWeb

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got the Super Download Store installed and working. I used Softaculous to install the store and then ran the 3 SQL scripts and copied all of the new files and all of the modified files except configure.php (This one has to be modified by hand. See the manual install instructions.). I went through several installs before I learned not to copy the configure.php file. This needs to be mentioned in the documentation.

I added an option to the downloadable book I am selling to specify a filename, but I am still getting shipping costs added to the item.I also specified 0 weight. I need help with this! Please. I am using the per item shipping cost calculator and specifying a cost per item of $3.00 and a $1.00 handling charge. Yes, downloads are enabled. I might need to use groups of files to download a book. I'm guessing I put them in a directory and then specify the directory name where the file name should go. Is that correct? Are these file somehow coded so they are unique and are limited to one installation per file? It there a plug in for OS Commerce that does this? Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone tried getting Super Download Store to work with Amazon S3 contribution?

I already have Amazon S3 working for my downloads in my e-Shoppe, but I need to issue updates for my customers and I have no clue how to add extra downloads to the owners of the particular product.

Any insight please? Thank you.

Did you ever fixed the double file size problem? I have the exact same problem, but with ZIP files.

I'm running Oscommerce 2.3.1 with the latest version of Super Download Store 2.3.x by DunWeb

Check the other support thread, there was a solution posted.

Chris

• 2 months later...

@@Winston_C

As far as I know, there is no file size limit. However, the SDS contribution does allow for group file downloads so multiple files can be downloaded with a single product purchase.

Chris

I installed the contrib. When I place an order for product with 1 file, it shows up double. Any idea why?

Also, notice the formatting is off.

Please advise!

Sorry for the foul language in my clip name! o:)

post-311512-0-16455600-1337120237_thumb.png