• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Hi Alex

I'm assuming you are mega busy & cannot support this thread anymore, but can anyone else help please?

How can this work with both virtual & physical. If it cannot then a warning should be put on the contribution, because I cannot get it to work with the correct shipping outcomes? :(

I have searched & searched & even posted in general with the question asked differently (as suggested before about the forum)but no response. My head hurts from banging this brick wall. lol

Anyone please?

Thanks

SDS works with physical and virtual products, but you might have to apply other mods to pricing, shipping and email processes to get it to do what you want. SDS doesn't handle these. Specifically no, the download links aren't given in the confirmation email, and since they are symbolic links I don't know if that would even be possible. The customer can either get them when the checkout process is complete, if the order status is automatically set to 'downloads available', or when you set the order status to 'download available' when you process the order in admin. In that case the customer has to log in and view their order to get the download.

So far as pricing is concerned, to get your shop to ignore downloads in calculating the cost of P&P you would have to modify the module that calculates price according to basket value to remove downloadables from that calculation.

Test card details are in admin payment modules section. Just install the credit card module and you'll see them.

Note that selling both physical and virtual products creating a situation where the customer may present a mixed basket of virtual and physical products does have complications (around, for example, setting default order status, shipping if you want to use per item shipping on your orders, shipping price where it depends on order value and probably others) that SDS doesn't handle and isn't intended to handle. I solved the problems it presented me by making my own mods, which I may post up when I have time.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

SDS works with physical and virtual products, but you might have to apply other mods to pricing, shipping and email processes to get it to do what you want. SDS doesn't handle these. Specifically no, the download links aren't given in the confirmation email, and since they are symbolic links I don't know if that would even be possible. The customer can either get them when the checkout process is complete, if the order status is automatically set to 'downloads available', or when you set the order status to 'download available' when you process the order in admin. In that case the customer has to log in and view their order to get the download.

So far as pricing is concerned, to get your shop to ignore downloads in calculating the cost of P&P you would have to modify the module that calculates price according to basket value to remove downloadables from that calculation.

Test card details are in admin payment modules section. Just install the credit card module and you'll see them.

Note that selling both physical and virtual products creating a situation where the customer may present a mixed basket of virtual and physical products does have complications (around, for example, setting default order status, shipping if you want to use per item shipping on your orders, shipping price where it depends on order value and probably others) that SDS doesn't handle and isn't intended to handle. I solved the problems it presented me by making my own mods, which I may post up when I have time.

Thank you for posting Richard...much appreciated :) (saw Ben & thought that was your name duh)

I have tested with my own CC & the set up for download button upon checkout completion or account area if fine. I must have read it wrong & thought I should have it in the email, but I didn't.

I have a few shipping options. Could you suggest what to search for to get the right mod (or a link if that isn't asking too much) Getting the right words in a search is all important & I fail on that!

I have a pending (local delivery & cheque)Processing (NoChex CC) & now downlaod now available & update. Shipping is a single rate up to £30 & then free. If there are no mods as above & your mod would work to ignore the virtual on a MIXED basket would you mind sharing with me for a donation? All virtual or all physical & the shipping is correct.

One question you may be able to answer please is what to set processing to? 13?

This would activate the download IF they had either a mixed or all virtual basket. I can't see how to have two responses to the NoChex option?

Or just reword the "Download now available" to cover both & change NoChex to this setting (12)

Thanks for breaking the silence :) :)

Edited by warrenerjm

Thank you for posting Richard...much appreciated :) (saw Ben & thought that was your name duh)

You're welcome Julie.

I have tested with my own CC & the set up for download button upon checkout completion or account area if fine. I must have read it wrong & thought I should have it in the email, but I didn't.

I have a few shipping options. Could you suggest what to search for to get the right mod (or a link if that isn't asking too much) Getting the right words in a search is all important & I fail on that!

I have a pending (local delivery & cheque)Processing (NoChex CC) & now downlaod now available & update. Shipping is a single rate up to £30 & then free. If there are no mods as above & your mod would work to ignore the virtual on a MIXED basket would you mind sharing with me for a donation? All virtual or all physical & the shipping is correct.

Searching the forums can be a bit tedious, I tended to use advanced options searching for my key words in the subject title only.

So your order status depends on payment type, presumably, as well as what has been ordered (download or physical product)? For me it was more simple as the person I set the shop up for only accepts Paypal so order status can be set on a per-item basis simply according to whether it's a physical or virtual product. This avoids having to manually authorise the downloadable part of a mixed basket. I also modded the per item shipping module to disregard downloadables. Since I store the order status for particular products with the product attributes I could use this information to tell the shipping module whether individual products were physical or virtual and disregard the virtual. The same thing could probably be done with the shipping module that sets shipping price according to basket value, but I haven't looked at that module. People who encounter this kind of problem with shipping costs on mixed baskets usually avoid the problem by the fact that their downloadables are zero weight so cost nothing to post anyway, but this approach isn't suitable for per item, or basket-value shipping. I can't point you to a link because I wasn't looking for basket-value mods. There might, for all I know, be one, but there is very little, or at least I didn't find much, to help with mixed basket situations which was why I wrote my own mod to deal with it.

One question you may be able to answer please is what to set processing to? 13?

This would activate the download IF they had either a mixed or all virtual basket. I can't see how to have two responses to the NoChex option?

Or just reword the "Download now available" to cover both & change NoChex to this setting (12)

Thanks for breaking the silence :) :)

Downloads controller will by default make downloads available for anything with a status of 10 or above. So if you want downloads to be available while processing the physical part of the order then it has to be something more than that, you can call it whatever you want. You can have more than one status type with a status over 10 to describe different situations whilst allowing downloads. I use the individual item status contribution to manage different statuses for different parts of the order - see link in my sig.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

I've seen your post directing to one where the weight is used on the item rate. I will try & post in shipping or general thread as to how to use this in the table rate (price) shipping.

In my head it's simple :lol: ... it looks at the product (weight>0 ie 1) includes in the shipping total calculation (weight=0) it doesn't get included in the shipping calculation. Shipping is then charged on these up until the (price>30) is reached & no shipping is charged.

Wish me luck with my new thread :)

Thanks again

Ok Richard your posting seems to have resulted in me finding more :)I can see two different ways ... but am checking it doesn't affect the SDS coding for the virtual products?

This next sentence worries me as SDS skips shipping if all virtual which is better?

If no items are to be shipped then the confirmation page will show the default shipping choice but it will have $0.00 shown for the shipping cost.

To use new free shipping feature just add a product with 0 weight or negative weight.

checkout_shipping.php - Line 390:

}else{//edit for shipping on 0 weights

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($quotes); $i<$n; $i++) {

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($quotes[$i]['methods']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

echo '<tr><td>'.tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id']).'</td></tr>';

$order->info['shipping_cost'] = 0;

}

}	

}

includes/classes/shopping_cart.php - Line 220:

if($product['products_weight'] <= 0){
		  	$products_weight = 0;
		  }else{
		  	$products_weight = $product['products_weight'];
		  }

If this will work it would help me & others reading this. :)

As this doesn't say use with a particular shipping option, ie flat rate, weight etc I'm guessing it works with them all?

Is there an easy way to make all my physical products (only ones on store now) have a weight of say 1 instead of manually? What can I do to amend all these codes in the database?

Hope this is ok as it is still relating to the use of this mod (for some anyhow)

OR this post shows code for the includes/modules/shipping/item.php Can I use it in the table.php instead?

I can read some basic coding, but this if & else confuses me!

Thanks hugely again. :)

Edited by warrenerjm

Strictly speaking, Julie, your questions are about shipping modules and downloads, and not about SDS. Although SDS deals with the download side of things, it doesn't concern itself at all with shipping questions that arise in the course of dealing with a mixed product-type order. To answer your question, I don't know that just setting a shipping cost to zero, either by reference to weight or some other means is going to help you, when your issue is that you want the purchase price of downloads excluded from the basket in order that they do not unfairly count towards putting the customer over the free shipping limit of £30 for physical products, ie your issue is not really about the shipping price of downloadables but the amount they contribute to the total order value. But perhaps using weight as a parameter to determine whether it's a download or not download, will enable this to happen with some small additional coding. In saying that, though, I haven't actually looked at any of the ways weight-based manipulations are used to set a zero shipping cost.

I don't think any manipulations of the shipping modules should affect SDS's ability to handle downloads, since as stated it doesn't concern itself with shipping at all - whether or not the shipping module is skipped.

..I don't know that just setting a shipping cost to zero, either by reference to weight or some other means is going to help you, when your issue is that you want the purchase price of downloads excluded from the basket in order that they do not unfairly count towards putting the customer over the free shipping limit of £30 for physical products, ie your issue is not really about the shipping price of downloadables but the amount they contribute to the total order value. But perhaps using weight as a parameter to determine whether it's a download or not download, will enable this to happen with some small additional coding.

Perhaps something like this might work. In includes/modules/shipping/table.php find

if (MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_MODE == 'price') {
       $order_total = $cart->show_total();         

replace

$order_total = $cart->show_total();

with

$order_total = 0; 
         for($i=0, $j=count($order->products); $i<$j; $i++) { 
               if( $order->products[$i]['weight']>0 ) { 	                
               $order_total=$order->products[$i]['final_price']+$order_total;                
           } 
      }

I haven't tried it! My php skills basically come down to copying and improvising on something someone else has done and tinkering with it until it works or I give up.

Now I'll probably get shot down too for going OT on the SDS thread.

It's been a very long time since my last php coding. As I know about osCommerce (back to MS2 060817 release) the cart can be 'virtual', 'physical' and 'mix'. The code in shopping_cart.php decides the content type not by the weight, but the assigned filename for downloads. If there is no item with a download file assigned, it will be 'physical'. If every item has a filename assigned for download, it will be 'virtual'.

SDS is simply an enhancement for the stock download feature in osCommerce, it has nothing to do with shipping nor payment modules. When using a payment module which does not require customers leaving the store to make the payments and capable of updating orders status when payments completed, there is no need to modify the payment module to work with SDS. The only problem selling both tangible and intangible items using SDS would be the orders status issue. Actually it is a problem of osCommerce itself. In RC2a a flag for downloads has been added to get rid of the non-paid download accesses problems, there for the approach of downloads controller (orders status stuff) could be obsolete.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Thanks for your reply Alex. Richard sorted the problem with a mixed basket. Your contribution worked 1st time with MS2 060817 I didn't have any problems with it as others have posted so i was wondering if I had missed something :lol:

Hi Alex

Just to say, the point about weight and content-type isn't about deciding the overall content-type (physical, virtual or mix), it's about identifying which particular products in the cart are the downloadable ones, and which ones are the physical ones so that shipping costs are applied only to the physical products in the cart. Mixed carts create not just an order status issue, they also create shipping cost problems where, for example those costs are calculated by order total price or per item.

SDS is a great contribution anyway, so thanks for making it!

Hi

Back again :)

I am usually an intelligent person ... honest! :lol:

I am stuck?

I have single files & I also have bundles (containing 6 files)

When I zip a .jpg it compresses by 1% (wow was it worth it?)

I then try & upload that one .zip file to the downloads folder & it times out? It is soooo slow. It is 7.67MB Am I doing something wrong?

For the bundles do I create a group & list these 6 .zip files in that group. Then use that group as the download. Does this create 6 download buttons or just one large one? Then when they unzip it on their computer it shows the 6 files. They are 6 different papers that they choose which to print.

Can you tell I have never had anything to do with downloads & printed papers before? >_<

As I can't even get one uploaded I can't test any therories. :(

I'm using Winzip btw

Thanks

Julie

How are you uploading your files? I suggest using FTP.

You don't need to use group file downloads unless the product consists of several separate files. If the product consists of several files but they are all contained within one zip file then you don't need to set up a group file download. If there is just one (consolidated) file to download there will be just one download button. If you have set up a group file download with separate files in the group there will be as many buttons are there are files in the group.

You don't need to use the group file download facility for small files ie where the total file size for the product with everything bundled in is only 7 or 8 Mb.

When I zip a .jpg it compresses by 1% (wow was it worth it?)
for the "save as" dialog box to show up every time in most browsers, yes this is necessary.
I then try & upload that one .zip file to the downloads folder & it times out? It is soooo slow. It is 7.67MB Am I doing something wrong?
It's either your connection speed, or the ftp upload limits of you host.
For the bundles do I create a group & list these 6 .zip files in that group. Then use that group as the download. Does this create 6 download buttons or just one large one?
6 buttons.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

How are you uploading your files? I suggest using FTP.

I'm using Filezilla

You don't need to use group file downloads unless the product consists of several separate files. If the product consists of several files but they are all contained within one zip file then you don't need to set up a group file download. If there is just one (consolidated) file to download there will be just one download button. If you have set up a group file download with separate files in the group there will be as many buttons are there are files in the group.

You don't need to use the group file download facility for small files ie where the total file size for the product with everything bundled in is only 7 or 8 Mb.

An example of one of my bundles is:

bundle.zip 48345KB

contains 6 .jpg files 14.6MB, 9MB, 8.49MB, 4.78MB, 5.7MB, 5.05MB

Would you suggest using the group for this or the bundle.zip (which would be easier!)

Thanks for your quick reply. :D

for the "save as" dialog box to show up every time in most browsers, yes this is necessary.

ok

It's either your connection speed, or the ftp upload limits of you host.

I'll check with my host. From my other post do you think the sizes are ok?

6 buttons.

Thanks for your quick reply Alex. It has helped to understand what is happening. :D

An example of one of my bundles is:

bundle.zip 48345KB

contains 6 .jpg files 14.6MB, 9MB, 8.49MB, 4.78MB, 5.7MB, 5.05MB

Would you suggest using the group for this or the bundle.zip (which would be easier!)

Thanks for your quick reply. :D

Whatever works best for you and your customers - and what works on your server. I had to alter a php.ini setting to get downloads above 25Mb in size to work, and I prefer not to go much over 35Mb. Some host providers may not even allow altering php.ini settings. The larger the file the greater the chances of something breaking during download, which if it happens several times on the same file will frustrate your customers and cause them wastage of time, and may mean that you will have to reset their download counters.

In the example you gave you could, for example, have the largest file on its own and bundle the rest into a second file - you don't need to make six separate files.

Edited by Ben Nevis

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, ive read as much as i can take in this forum, and found some one who has the same problem as me!!!! But the answer has been deleted :-(

Im new to Php and MySql, so am really confused with how to install the "Super Download Shop"

My website is at http://www.dropbeatdigital.com/catalog

Up to now I have manged to get the physical goods listed for sale, sorted paypal and run a test so that i no it works...ie the pioneer cdj for 2p :-)

What is giving me a total and pure headache is trying to install the module for the digital downloads... I am sure i have tried everything,

After following all the instructions from the downloaded module file;

STEP #1 - Run sql scripts

* BACKUP YOUR DATABASE NOW!

* Run both sql scripts via phpMyAdmin.

* - Notice - If Downloads Controllers has already been installed before, DO NOT run downloads_controller_english.sql again.

STEP #2 - Copy all files in new_files/catalog over

* /catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php

* /catalog/admin/includes/group_download.php

* /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ic_down.gif

* /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ic_up.gif

* /catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_download.gif

STEP #3 - Modify existing files

BACKUP THESE FILES NOW!

* catalog/checkout_process.php

* catalog/download.php

* catalog/admin/orders.php

* catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

* catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

* catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

* catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

* catalog/includes/database_tables.php

* catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php

STEP 3.1 - Modified files are in modified_files folder of this package. Plaese use file comparing tool like WinMerge to make modifications to

* catalog/checkout_process.php

* catalog/download.php

* catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php

* catalog/admin/orders.php

* catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

If you didn't modify these 5 files before, you can upload them and overwrite the existing files. (Only apply to osCommerce 060817 update)

STEP 3.2 - And then add new definitions to files list below: (Do NOT overwrite your existing files with the ones came with this package!!)

* catalog/includes/database_tables.php

* catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

* catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

* catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

STEP #4 - Run db setup

* Run catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php in your browser. This file will create the initial file group entry in your database for each language you have.

* - Important! - The file group id #0 must be defined by this file, it's for downloads which are not using file groups (single file per item).

STEP #5 - Modify Payment Modules

* Some payment modules, such as osCommerce PayPal IPN module, bypass checkout_process.php, which causes the modification skipped and fails this contribution. Modification in checkout_process.php must be manually coded into such payment modules.

All i get when typing in my browser is this;

1146 - Table 'dropbeat_alpha.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS where download_group_id = 0 and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I have used winmerge to modify the files, and dreamweaver to upload/download (get/put) also used smart ftp to transfer images etc etc etc

Anyone no how i can get this working, would be grately appreciated...or if there is any vids on web explaing it to a dummy like me hahhaha

oh and this i dont understand at all....would be good if anyone could give me a step by step...

The file group id #0 must be defined by this file, it's for downloads which are not using file groups (single file per item).

Thian :-)

If the table doesn't exist you didn't do step one - ie run the sql statements via phpadmin. It's not a matter of just uploading files or editing them. You have to actually execute the sql statements to get the necessary tables created.

Executed the tables...well imported the text files...they ran they query's successfully, now i have the tables;

products_attributes_download

products_attributes_download_groups

products_attributes_download_groups_files

products_attributes_download_groups_to_files etc etc etc

But still when i run in browser...catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php

i get the error message...1146 - Table 'dropbeat_alpha.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS where download_group_id = 0 and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Proper battering me head lol, there prob is a simple answer to it hehehe

Thian :-)

Hope someone can help with this.

I have large download files (groups of three, zipped into a single file) so I read this contribution and it seemed like it would do the job.

Have installed as per instructions.

When I run catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php as per step 4 of the instructions, I get this error

1146 - Table 'trans128_osc2.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

I have imported both sql files into my database and on viewing the table structure, I do have a table products_attributes_download_groups in there.

Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David

Exact same problem m8, did you fix it? and was it easy lol

To make matters worse, under Admin - Configuration - Download the topic "Enable Group File Download?" is listed four times now!

oscommerce.jpg

Ie got 2 "enable group file downloads" any ideas m8....i see you had 4 lol

1146 - Table 'dropbeat_alpha.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

There is something wrong in your catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php and catalog/includes/database_tables.php, the definitions of the new tables are probably missing.