• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

You need to find out why you got the 1999 expiry date first. Please check your database orders table in the 'last_modified' field.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Do you have a 'last_modified' field in your orders table?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Do you have a 'last_modified' field in your orders table?

Yes I do.

After further checking, I found the test orders that had the 1999 date when I placed the order. They are listed in the orders table, but in the last_modified field it says NULL, it does not have any date.

The lastest test I did I put the status for authorize.net as both Download as Now Available and Updated-I get the 1999 date. If I put it as Processing, I have to manually make the download available.

......but in the last_modified field it says NULL, it does not have any date.
That's why. Either you missed the modification in checkout_process.php, or your payment module takes over the job of creating order records. Please check the install guide and follow it carefully.

That's why. Either you missed the modification in checkout_process.php, or your payment module takes over the job of creating order records. Please check the install guide and follow it carefully.

Payment module is authorize.net. I would assume many are using this for downloads. Does anyone know if it take over the job of creating order records? If so, what would be the problem with it.

What is creating the 1999 message itself that comed up when placing an order?

I will check out the checkout_process.php

I am having trouble with this contribution in that i am unable to see anything other than the first page in the products attributes section of the attributes page. At the tiop there is a 1 2 3 but it will not show those additional pages. I have compared the code between the original and the copy supplied with this mod, and it is so different.

I search this mod, and although the question has been asked before, i could not see the answer. Can anyone help.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Payment module is authorize.net. I would assume many are using this for downloads. Does anyone know if it take over the job of creating order records? If so, what would be the problem with it.

What is creating the 1999 message itself that comed up when placing an order?

It turned out it was my checkout_process.php. Missing the following line:

'last_modified' => 'now()',

I have just started working with PHP. I have setup a store and added SDS to it. Currently, I am able to a download single file but when I attempt a group download I do not get the link button. This occur whether I put the files are in a download folder or a sub-directory of the download folder. I have the admin->download set to download enabled and re-direct download false. Can someone help?

Second, the store is on a Yahoo server. It is not all me to download anything that is >=20 MB. The script error logs shows the following error.

[06-Jan-2009 23:42:39] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20264960 bytes) in /catalog/download.php on line 99

Is there an add-on that I can use?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi...

I have installed the Super Downloads contrib and Paypal IPN and of course a whole host of others.

When testing in the sandbox (going live in Feb) the status gets changed (as it should) to 11 Download Now Available and they turn up on the checkout success and account_history_info pages ok and the link is in the order email. All looks very good so far, I can even download the items.

However, there are a couple of things which I don't know how to do:

1 How can I get the status to be changed to 5 Delivered once the number of downloads have been exhausted (currently set to 2) and/or the number of days has expired (also set to 2) I don't really want to have to do this manually.

2 I also noticed that when I 'purchased' a physical item only its status was also set to 11 Download Now Available when it should have been either Paid or Despatched or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

KdB

1. Although the status won't be updated automatically, the download accesses will not work when expired and/or counts zeroed. To automatically update the orders status, you need to create a php script to check those orders and update status accordingly, and then create a cron job to run this script every day or every hour, etc.

2. This one is more trickier, but achievable. Since your ipn.php is working, you can add some lines into it to check the order type (virtual or physical or mixed) and then update the status accordingly. Basically physical items require shipping handling and you can always update the status manually, so it's ok to assign 'Pending' to those orders in the script.

There is also a simple solution for this one: just change the name '11 Downloads Now Available' to 'Completed'.

Edited by AlexStudio

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately at the moment my php skills are not yet up to scratch and I have no idea how to create a cron job yet!! Guess I have some more research to do.

Meanwhile I will just change the wording of the status with the value of 11.

Thanks

KdB

Hi there,

I found a small bug in the latest version (15 0kt 2008) of the fine contri.

The problem that occurred was as follows: On the bottom of the page, the product_attributes are shown. On top of this table, you can go a page forwards or backwards by pushing the arrows. Also a pulldown is shown to go directly to a product_attribute page. The arrows worked fine. Using the pull down always results in showing page 1, and a new and empty product_attribute row was added to the list.

The problem is caused by a double <form> in the code. One is above the line that creates the pulldown (line 733), the other is under it (line746). Simple remove line 733 does the trick. Everything looks okay, but I am not sure it will always be okay. Line 733 and line 746 both call the same page and action, but sent different variables with it.

So what I did was a working trick: delete 733, keep 746.

But also working is replace 746 with 733.

Both versions “seem” to work. Because I am not sure if everything really is going oke, I would like to ask to somebody who knows more of this file what line 746 should be.

Of course, in the above mentioned statements, the tables are not touched.

hi,

after install Super_Download_Shop_v1.1 i have under

Catalog -> Products Attributes

this problem:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS' at line 1

select * from products_options where language_id = '2' order by products_options_id limit -0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS

[TEP STOP]

HEADING_TITLE_OPT

Warning: Division by zero in /homepages/0/d262769668/htdocs/infografikshop/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33

Warning: Division by zero in /homepages/0/d262769668/htdocs/infografikshop/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 48

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

thanks

ed

@ Edrack

The part in the error message saying:

MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS

means that MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS is not defined. This is standard osCommerce, so this is weird. Look in the language folder from the language your admin is using, and open product_attributes.php. You should find the line:

define('MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS', 10);

If not, add it.

As a test, you can add this line in the file admin/product_attributes.php, right under the first <?. Does your shop have more language issues?

Success

Hi Alex

I hope you are well....Many thanks for this great contribution.

I recently had to migrate my store to another server using php 5. Consequently I had to upgrade OScommerce etc to function correctly in this environment. Rather than upgrade manually I thought I would do a fresh install and copy my design changes over to that. I've tried to install SDS on a fresh install of OS 3 times and keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/theelec/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Do you have any ideas what could be causing this?? I downloaded the latest version of sds too for this (V1.1 - Linsayaang vers.)

Please let me know as I'm pulling what little hair I've get left out over this.

Many thanks in advance.

Terry

Hi Alex

I hope you are well....Many thanks for this great contribution.

I recently had to migrate my store to another server using php 5. Consequently I had to upgrade OScommerce etc to function correctly in this environment. Rather than upgrade manually I thought I would do a fresh install and copy my design changes over to that. I've tried to install SDS on a fresh install of OS 3 times and keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/theelec/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Do you have any ideas what could be causing this?? I downloaded the latest version of sds too for this (V1.1 - Linsayaang vers.)

Please let me know as I'm pulling what little hair I've get left out over this.

Many thanks in advance.

Terry

...Anyone??...Pleaaaase

I just have a quick question. Right now I'm trying out another cart & it's NOT working out for Digital downloads. What I'd like to know is will Super Download Store time out when trying to upload files about 30-50 MB in size via http? Can multiple people upload files? Is there integration to allow each 'member' create their own uploads, gallery, etc.

1. Although the status won't be updated automatically, the download accesses will not work when expired and/or counts zeroed. To automatically update the orders status, you need to create a php script to check those orders and update status accordingly, and then create a cron job to run this script every day or every hour, etc.

2. This one is more trickier, but achievable. Since your ipn.php is working, you can add some lines into it to check the order type (virtual or physical or mixed) and then update the status accordingly. Basically physical items require shipping handling and you can always update the status manually, so it's ok to assign 'Pending' to those orders in the script.

There is also a simple solution for this one: just change the name '11 Downloads Now Available' to 'Completed'.

Hello,

Super Download is great and it works well...until I installed the IPN mod. The results coming out of the sandbox are correct and it shows the downloads as available, but there is no button to access them. If I create an order using a different payment method such as checking and change the order status, the download buttons appear as they should. The order status on both orders the same, but the IPN orders have no button. What did I mess up?

• 2 weeks later...

First off Super Download Shop is a great contribution. This will really help my store. But, (of course) I have some desire to tweak it.

1. Is it possible to have the file name show up on the final checkout page - where customers actually download the files. Right now it says "My Cool Product - Download File 7

I would like to change the Download File 7 to the name of the file being downloaded mymusic.mp3 for example

2. Is it possible to have the next download start automatically? My store sells MP3 files, but one group literally has over 200 mp3 files associated with it. I would prefer the customer to just click on the first file to start the download, then to have each download after that start up automatically, rather than the customer sitting there clicking, waiting a minute for the download to complete, then clicking the next link, etc, 200 times. I am thinking of the way that Itunes downloads music. If you buy an album, you don't have to hit the download button for each song, you hit one button, and all the songs automatically download.

3. I tried creating large zip files and have them as the downloadable product. It seems that my host allows 50 MB files, but has problems with files larger than that. I have seen on the board something about setting the Download by redirect to true. I have not tried this, but to try it, would that be the only change I need to make, or should I put the actual file somewhere else (then change a path somewhere so that OsCommerce can find the file)?

I had someone else install this contribution - I get nervous dealing with the SQL database - sometimes its just better to admit when I have no idea about something. So if you are kind enough to give advice, please either tailor it for someone who doesn't have a clue - or as instructions for the clueless person to give to a coder who actually know OsCommerce.

Thanks,

1. It means to hide the actual filename and only show the given desciption so hackers cannot steal the files. Of course you can modify the script to show filenames in the list.

2. I think it will be much easier packing those 200 mp3s into a rar or zip compression.

3. To use download by redirect, your store has to be on a Linux/Unix server. It doesn't work with Windows servers. Also you need to have FollowSymLink directive in your Apache configuration as well. Other than that, you need to create the pub directory and chmod to 777, then set Download by Redirect to true in your store admin. Keep in mind that the 'Save As' dialog box may not show up if you're downloading .mp3 files in certain browsers when 'Download by Redirect' set to ture. Instead, the music will be played by the browser. You'll need to pack all your .mp3 files into .rar or .zip compressions.

As you can see here, the further detail may lead to more confusing. I can only put as many info in the install guide as I could, and assuming everybody using it has at least some basic skill of Apache, PHP and MySQL.

Hope someone can help with this.

I have large download files (groups of three, zipped into a single file) so I read this contribution and it seemed like it would do the job.

Have installed as per instructions.

When I run catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php as per step 4 of the instructions, I get this error

1146 - Table 'trans128_osc2.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS where download_group_id = 0 and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I have imported both sql files into my database and on viewing the table structure, I do have a table products_attributes_download_groups in there.

Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David

So many bugs, why this contribution has been updated?

Edited by web-project

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.