• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

I read that thread you posted about the page splitting problem. Your store seems to be heavily modified so it's quite difficult to tell what went wrong. I would suggest you to install another copy of osCommerce in a different directory with a different database, test the original download feature and then install SDS onto it. By doing this you'll find out whether or not SDS works with your server setup. The page splitting code in SDS is exact the same as the standard osCommerce coding. The only similar problem I can think of is the extra lines needed for register globals fix, the page splitting won't work if you don't have those lines in the code. In that case, please check this post.

Regarding the massive input problem, I have to admit that it is something really need to be done. Currently I don't have time for coding, it will be great if you guys are interested in developing this add-on contribution.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

actually, that particular page is NOT heavily modded.. there are onyl TWO mods on that page.. the super download store and attributes sets. THATS IT. I did a few comparissons and it is DEFINITELY the code inside of the chunks of the super download..

can you expand on the registers globals fix?? I never installed any register globals fix on my store.. Would you be so kind as to explain exactly what i need to do.. If i dont have a register globals fix, do i need to add that line??

this is what i see when i compare your file and the stock oscommerce file:

line 254

echo $options_split->display_links($options_query_numrows, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $option_page, 'value_page=' . $value_page . '&attribute_page=' . $attribute_page, 'option_page');

and this is your code for that same section of code at line 459:

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'option_page=' . $prev_option_page) . '"> << </a> | ';
}

for ($i = 1; $i <= $num_pages; $i++) {
  if ($i != $option_page) {
	echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'option_page=' . $i) . '">' . $i . '</a> | ';
  } else {
	echo '<b><font color=red>' . $i . '</font></b> | ';

now, i am NOT a coder, so i cant really decifer this, but what i understand, it seems that your code does have a different way of handling the page splits.. I'm not sure, but it SEEMS that the way yours is written isnt good for all versions of oscommerce.

Again, these are just my observations as a non-coder.

These differences appear in every box (options, option values, download groups, file groups, and products)

SO it seems to me that there is an issue inside the code of your contribution FOR SOME..

now, if you could look at that and merge those two and say CHANGE THIS LINE TO THIS, i would be SUPER HAPPY and FOREVER GREATFUL.. if not, i understand.. it could be a much larger issue.. I just have a products_attributes.php page that is miles long right now.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

hmmm.... the code base of your osCommerce is 2.2rc2a, but SDS is developed on 2.2 MS2 060817 release, so there is the difference. I need some time to dig into this problem, and see what I can do.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

well, i do appreciate your looking into this. I was rather confused about the difference even though there was said to be no REAL difference, but i am not experienced enough to do much else.

I always say my coding skills are like that of someone who has taken Spanish 101.. I can read it, understand it when its laid out on paper, but dont ask me to speak it, or understand it in a real life situation..

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

REALLY weird thing happening now.. Not sure why..

I have been going through adding file groups and adding them to the products .. Well, i realized that i missed two products when creating file group names, which means i missed them when creatin gthe file groups, so when i came to them, i simply went to make a new name and then add the files and go on from there..

ANYWAYS, the issue is that i created the filegroup names, but they are not showing up on the filegroups so i can not add files to them. i tried doing a hard reset, closing and re-opening the window, closing and re-opening the browser, and STILL They are not showing up in the dropdown in the filegroups section, but they show just fine in the file group names...

any suggestions as to why this is happening?

OOPS never mind.. it was all the way at the bottom.. the dropdown menu lists them in order of them being added to the list..

Boy am i glad that i added most of them in numerical order. That would be another thing to think about if/when you decide to do a revamp of this thing...

well, SDS v1.1 is pretty much a primitive version realizing the idea of grouping files for downloads. There are a lot of things need to be improved. I already have a long to-do list but no time for coding.

ok.. 'm not trying to bash, just making some observations for when someone might have the time to update it.. Thanks though..

hey.. Do you know that if you can use this contribution with EASY POPULATE??

I am currently learning my way through excel so that i can do this a little faster, but if i can add the file groups in as an attribute, that would be AWESOME

hey guys.. I was wondering if any of you folks have used this with the ajax attributes manager.. the refresh that happens EVERY TIME i add something is killing because not only is it refreshing, but it is refreshing EVERY SINGLE THING because the page splits that are coded in the last release do not work with the most recent version of osc.

I really need either the page splits to WORK correctly or for the ajax contribution to help out. Either way, this contribution is NOT helping me being the way it is. It resulted in an INSANELY large product attributes page that is about 3700 lines long

• 2 weeks later...

hey there.. I just wanted to let you know that i DID fix the issue with the page splits not working in the new version of oscommerce. I basically did a compare of a working version with your version and found where the code variations were and then changed it and uploaded it to my store.. everything works perfectly now..

SO i just wanted to get the OK from you to upload a new package with that new file in it.

Hi there!

i've installed this contrib but i have a problem.

Why the download system WORKS only if view and make orders in ENGLISH language???

Im italian and i have installed my language in my store.

If i view and make orders in MY language the download system doesnt work, cant see the text "NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed" above the checkout_success page and in customer account. And if i choose the "Download status" in admin orders page, in the customer account page doesnt appear nothing (download links)....

Please... help me!

Thanks

you have to add the language files to your appropriate languages..This is why you can not see any text.. becuase it does not exist in the italian folder. You will have to translate it yourself and add your language defines to the same italian counter part as what it says for english...

I have trouble installing this contribution - You say I sholud update my files by comparing with the modified files in the contribution.

My files differs alot and i'm not sure what to change... Is this because i have the latest OsCommmere (2007) and that the contribution is quite old?

Well, it could be for a number of reasons, generally if you have other product attributes contributions added, you are going to have to do some CLOSE comparissons .. HOWEVER, all of the fixes for super download store say

//BOF//

//EOF//

so you can see where the super download fixes start and end.. anything that is different outside of those probably shouldnt need to be changed

Ok, thanks!

I plan to offer different web based online programs. How do I limit access to certain pages of my store to only the clients who have paid?

Maybe I can use the Super Download Store - and just change a bit of the code so that the "download" link is a normal link to the online internet-program. How do I do that? Now I automatically say "save target as..." when the clients I click on the link. I would prefer if the clients just got transferred to a webpage when clicking on the link.

B)

Hello

I am trying to install this contrib and just wanting to make things clear before i go tearing into my shop and uploading files and making changes to files etc..

If possible please can someone read through my written translations of the installation instructions and maybe set things correct?

The contribution sounds amazing and is exactly what I am looking for so hopefully with a little more guidance results will be achieved.

I am also hoping by doing things in this way if anyone else reads this post and is very new to OS commerce it will help them also. I am a newbie to OS Commerce so I have added in there the obstacles I have encountered so far.

I hope this helps. As you will see I can only go so far with the instructions at this point but once these points are clear I will add another post with the updated results.

Thanks to Alex for coding this contribution it looks ideal for my needs and likely many other people also.

My Experiences of the installation of this contribution

STEP #1 - Run sql scripts

BACKUP YOUR DATABASE NOW!

** This is covered well in some of the basics of os commerce forums you do this through the admin control of OS Commerce. The only thing to watch out for here is to make sure that you have the write permissions correct on your admin/backups folder this confused me for a while as the backup option would not appear if the permissions are set to read only. Once I CHMOD ed the backups folder (chmod changes read/write permissions best to usually do this from your admin control panel on your web host) with write permissions the backup option worked fine. To really be sure I had backed up my database (and shop for that matter) I then copied the entire set of files and folders of OS Commerce off the web server and onto my local drive (including the database backups i just made) (I burnt a DVD copy of it, filed this) I then dropped OS commerce onto another spare domain I had just to be sure that the shop was properly backed up. I am sure someone can correct me here I am not so sure it is very good practice to create another identical live shop on another domain but as soon as i tested it worked i deleted it once again via the admin control panel on my web host. So a few hours later onto part 2 :-) **

Run both sql scripts via phpMyAdmin.

** Once again this was a bit of a struggle getting phpMyAdmin to login to my SQL Database correctly. The problem I encountered here was not having the server option setup correctly in phpMyAdmin. On my phpmyadmin login via my host there is a drop down that selects the server. On my version there was about 14 servers to choose from. If you dont get this right then no login. This was resolved with a call to tech support and they showed me the right server to select before attempting to login. Now 'run both sql scripts via phpMyAdmin'. Please can someone clarify what this exactly means?? The way I read it is I am assuming there are a couple of scripts in this contribution that need to be run using phpmyadmin correct? if so how? if not what does this mean? Perhaps guidance on the exact location and name of the script would help here. **

- Notice - If Downloads Controllers has already been installed before, DO NOT run downloads_controller_english.sql again.

** I am assume this is referring to one of the SQL scripts? I think this means if you have the 'downloads controller' contribution already installed (ie the contribution this one is based on) then dont run this particular file in phpmyadmin. how you actually run an sql file in phpmyadmin would be helpful info at this point.**

STEP #2 - Copy all files in new_files/catalog over

/catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php

/catalog/admin/includes/group_download.php

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ic_down.gif

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ic_up.gif

/catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_download.gif

** I have come across this before in various attempts at adding OS templates. I am quite certain this means - Take the following files above that are located in the same positons in the contribution folder you have just unzipped onto your c drive and ftp them across into the same locations in OS commerce. By doing this you are writing over the original files in OS commerce with these modified ones. This will complete this part of the upgrade process. **

STEP #3 - Modify existing files

BACKUP THESE FILES NOW!

catalog/checkout_process.php

catalog/download.php

catalog/admin/orders.php

catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

catalog/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php

** I ftped these from the live shop onto my c drive and burnt a cd. In my comments in point 1 about backing up the database by moving the whole shop onto the c drive i already have backups of these files., along with the backed up database files and whole shop and i know they work as i tested the shop on another domain :-) **

- STEP 3.1 - Modified files are in modified_files folder of this package. Please use file comparing tool like WinMerge to make modifications to

catalog/checkout_process.php

catalog/download.php

catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php

catalog/admin/orders.php

catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

** I think this means there is code in these files that needs to be added to the original files already on the live sersion of oscommerce. I assume winmerge (hence the name) will spot the difference and merge the two files together. Once each file you have seperately merged you then copy over onto the live shop and the upgrade at this stage is then completed **

If you didn't modify these 5 files before, you can upload them and overwrite the existing files. (Only apply to osCommerce 060817 update)

** This is very confusing and I am struggling to make sense of it can someone make this a bit more clear what this means??? **

- STEP 3.2 - And then add new definitions to files list below: (Do NOT overwrite your existing files with the ones came with this package!!)

catalog/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

** I am unsure what new definitions means? I dont understand what is meant in brackets either? At this point my upgrade of this contribution has reached a grinding halt... please help!! **

STEP #4 - Run db setup

Run catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php in your browser.

** This seems fairly clear. Just type the location of this file into your browser ie www.mysite.com/catalog/admin/filegroup_db_setup.php **

This file will create the initial file group entry in your database for each language you have.

** Assuming this means that the filegroup_db_setup.php file will automate this task. **

- Important! - The file group id #0 must be defined by this file, it's for downloads which are not using file groups (single file per item).

** Dont understand what this means at all. Any clarification here massively appreciated. **

STEP #5 - Modify Payment Modules

Some payment modules, such as osCommerce PayPal IPN module, bypass checkout_process.php, which causes the modification skipped and fails this contribution.

Modification in checkout_process.php must be manually coded into such payment modules.

** Assume this means that if you install Paypal IPN module (one of the payment module options in the admin control of oscommerce) then it bypasses the standard procedure of check out in oscommerce. During the standard checkout process of oscommerce the file checkout_process.php is utilised and is one of the files that gets modified by this contribution. Therefore in order to maintain this modified code you need to find the relevant modified code and apply it into the relevant payment module you add to your shop.**

** Just a thought but if someone has already made these modifications to these payment module files with success could it be something to add to the next upgrade of this contribution? **

STEP #6 - Setup Super Download Shop

Please refer to the Setup Downloads section to setup Super Download Shop

That has been my experience of the instructions of this contribution so far. A lot of this will be due to inexperience and not really understanding a lot of these terms. However, if you are like me and new to oscommerce and want to get involved in producing some kind of download shop I think someone adding some clarification to these points would be really helpful.

Hope this is possible.

Kind regards to everyone working with OS Commerce.

Will

Hi!

I have searched everywhere for a solution of this problem i have with my shop.

I have SDS contrib installed and it works fine but when i purchase a download i register and follow all the steps to http://myurl.org/checkout_confirmation.php but if i change checkout_confirmation.php to checkout_success.php in the url i get to the download without paying.

Is this only happening on my shop or is this a known problem, and is there a good solution for this?

/Ian

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.3

Mindsparx template osc Sport 2.2

Mindsparx template Horizon 2.3

+ a few more...

Hello Will,

Yeah I had A similar issue with understanding the instructions., as I also didnt know what "run the SLQ scripts"meant. I'm running my project at this point on mt PC as localhost, and havent got to the upload to website stage yet. I installed phpMyAdmin and spent an eternity sorting out the errors generated by the dodgy php.ini file.

My assumption is that you either import each .sql file into phpmyadmin using the "IMPORT" tab, which runs the script when you press the [GO] button. Alternatively ; cut n paste the text from the .sql file into the box under the "SQL" tab. this will run the script when you press [GO].

However:

I get this BS when I run either way, the [downloads_controller_english.sql ] file.

Error

SQL query:

#NEW FIELDS FOR DOWNLOADS CONTROLLER

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES (

'', 'Downloads Controller Update Status Value', 'DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE', '12', 'What orders_status resets the Download days and Max Downloads - Default is 12', '13', '90', '2003-02-18 13:22:32', '', NULL , NULL

);

MySQL said: Documentation

#1046 - No database selected http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/style_images/ip.boardpr/folder_post_icons/icon13.gif

Hmmmm ... no data base selected... I guess that, in my case is "commerce_db" or is it the mySQL database?

AND how do I select it?

With "new_files" you just drag n drop the files to the appropriate folders as duplicated in the contribution release.

With "modified_files" you need to copy the text contained within the modified files, and paste that text at the described location within the file of the same name in the same appropriate folders as duplicated in the contribution release.... unless I am very much mistaken.

So how do I select the appropriate database so the SQL script will run?http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/style_images/ip.boardpr/folder_post_icons/icon14.gif

Cheers

Ok I feel a bit silly, you select the db on the lhs colum of phpMyadmin, but now I get this error.:

Error

SQL query:

#NEW FIELDS FOR DOWNLOADS CONTROLLER

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES (

'', 'Downloads Controller Update Status Value', 'DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE', '12', 'What orders_status resets the Download days and Max Downloads - Default is 12', '13', '90', '2003-02-18 13:22:32', '', NULL , NULL

);

#1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

yep.. theres no table for 'configuration_id' but why not?.

And when trying to run [group_file_for_download.sql]

i get this BS:

Error

SQL query: Documentation

VALUES (

'', 'Enable Group File Download?', 'DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_FILEGROUP_STATUS', 'Yes', 'Do you want to enable group file for download? - Default=Yes', '13', '93', NOW( ) , NOW( ) , NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\'), '

);

#1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

Yep, I was doing it wrong. Despite my immense grattitute to the contributors of all the contributions, perhaps the installation instructions (this applies to all contribs, not just this one)need to be more explicit, for those of us that have never used phpMyAdmin until now.

The key here is 'knowing what your doing". It would be easier to know what I'm doing if the instructions told me what to do !

So when importing the SQL scripts, for this contrib, ensure that

Format of imported file>> set to SQL

>>Options>> SQL compatibility mode>> is set to MYSQL4.

Other wse phpMyAdmin will not recognise '' as a valid integer value.

Thanks for coming. :blink: