• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

I did follow everything word for word. I'll install the other PayPal module then. I have signed up with sandbox, created a seller and business account but I cannot figure out how to 'test' the transactions. The user guide does not help me to know what to do exactly to test.

Oh, the paypal IPN module you told me to install.. is there an english version!?

Okay, installed that module. Do I need to fill in these for that module for this to work? :

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPal's Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Now off to search for the edits I need to make to get these two to work together...... :blink:

Okay, installed that module. Do I need to fill in these for that module for this to work? :

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

Now off to search for the edits I need to make to get these two to work together...... :blink:

Okay, another update (wish I could edit my messages...). I have tested a purchase through sandbox, everything went fine. When purchase completed, no download link, no link or mention of a download in my account. The order is listed as pending, even though I said the completed status to 'download now available' -- I am using paypal ipn module 2.3.4.5 --- please someone help me on how to get this to work. I cannot continue with ANYTHING until this is resolved. What do I need to do or replace or edit in my module (if I do?). I have read tons of information on this but nothing is clear.

Here are my orders_status tables:

Edit Delete 1 1 Pending 1 0

Edit Delete 1 2 Offen 1 0

Edit Delete 1 3 Pendiente 1 0

Edit Delete 2 1 Processing 1 1

Edit Delete 2 2 In Bearbeitung 1 1

Edit Delete 2 3 Proceso 1 1

Edit Delete 3 1 Delivered 1 1

Edit Delete 3 2 Versendet 1 1

Edit Delete 3 3 Entregado 1 1

Edit Delete 11 1 Download Now Available 0 0

Edit Delete 11 2 Download Now Available 0 0

Edit Delete 11 3 Download Now Available 0 0

Edit Delete 12 1 Updated 0 0

Edit Delete 12 2 Updated 0 0

Edit Delete 12 3 Updated 0 0

Edit Delete 4 1 Preparing [PayPal IPN] 1 0

Edit Delete 4 2 Preparing [PayPal IPN] 1 0

Edit Delete 4 3 Preparing [PayPal IPN] 1 0

is this correct?

Edited by Kmberly

I was recently having alot of trouble getting the downloads to work in general.

When going through the checkout process, osCommerce was trying to charge shipping!

I searched this forum only to find this thread where people would ask what they could do to fix it, but the only answer I found was that it wasn't this contribution.

I got it to work and thought I'd come here and post my fix in case anyone was still scratching their heads on this.

On my site that I've been working on, I took out the attributes section on my product_info page a while back because I only had 1 type of download...mp3. When I went back and re-added the attributes section to my product_info page, everything works perfect.

Absolutely awesome contribution, by the way!

Kevin

Holy tomatoes, I think I got it working. Don't even ask me how!

One thing though, it says that the download will be available in 'My Account' at a later time.. but I don't see any sort of mention of downloads in that section. I did download it at the checkout_success page, if that makes a difference. If this is the ONLY problem I have, I'll be happy now.

ARGH, spoke too soon. Now when I do test orders, it says at checkout_success: NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed

Why would it work one time and not the others when I changed nothing?

Edited by Kmberly

One thing though, it says that the download will be available in 'My Account' at a later time.. but I don't see any sort of mention of downloads in that section. I did download it at the checkout_success page, if that makes a difference. If this is the ONLY problem I have, I'll be happy now.

ARGH, spoke too soon. Now when I do test orders, it says at checkout_success: NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed

Sorry I keep posting so much.........

When I manually update the status of an order to 'Download Now Available', my order in My Account completely disappears. Is that supposed to happen? Downloads they purchase should still be available in their account, I'm guessing, which does not happen for me. I check my tables and all orderIDs are right, but when I do test transactions in PayPal it shows as Pending and therefore no download link. Here are my settings in the PayPal IPN:

PayPal IPN v2.3.3

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Gateway Server

Testing

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Transaction Currency

Selected Currency

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Completed Order Status

Download Now Available

Transaction Type

Aggregate

Move tax to total amount

True

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

cURL Proxy server

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

site.com/modules.php?mc_gross=1.00&invoice=111&etc-etc

DAMN, this is caused by upgrading "Paypal IPN" module without re-installing it.

Now it seems to work fine (the form data is submitted to my site using POST)

funny behaviors of the life :blink: ;)

Me again. I know you guys are about ready to strangle me by now.

It seems the ONLY (yes ONLY!!) problem now is after purchasing a product, the buyer does not get an instant download link, and I have to set the status to 'Download now available' manually.

I can live with it for now, but it kind of defeats the purpose of using this contrib because that is a NICE feature.

Congratulations :)

I just fixed the same issue minutes ago caused by re-installing the upgraded ipn module, what happened in my case is that the seller(sandbox test account)'s currency is different than the store default currency, to solve it, you must log in into your sandbox account and manually accept the payment, once that is done, paypal will contact again your website updating the status to Completed, only then the download link will be there.

Edited by diegocr

Me again. I know you guys are about ready to strangle me by now.

It seems the ONLY (yes ONLY!!) problem now is after purchasing a product, the buyer does not get an instant download link, and I have to set the status to 'Download now available' manually.

I can live with it for now, but it kind of defeats the purpose of using this contrib because that is a NICE feature.

It's vacation time, don't be impatient, most people aren't there ;)

Congratulations :)

I just fixed the same issue minutes ago caused by re-installing the upgraded ipn module, what happened in my case is that the seller(sandbox test account)'s currency is different than the store default currency, to solve it, you must log in into your sandbox account and manually accept the payment, once that is done, paypal will contact again your website updating the status to Completed, only then the download link will be there.

That's a different situation from mine. I didn't have different currency, and no emails in sandbox about accepting the payment.

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

as you should have noticed already, this isn't required to work.

I'm not using it either; however, once i test everything successfully i'll give it a try.

no emails in sandbox about accepting the payment.

The button to accept payments manually aren't on the emails, are on the account!

sandbox > Test Accounts > select Business-type account > Click the orange button with text "Enter Sandbox Test Site"

there are the payments made, probably with an "unclaimed" status, thats what happened to me, if the status is other, i have no clue :(

you may also try setting "Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status" to "Download now available" i'm not quite sure if thats a security risk, but I had it on that way before upgrading ipn to 2.3.4.5

The button to accept payments manually aren't on the emails, are on the account!

sandbox > Test Accounts > select Business-type account > Click the orange button with text "Enter Sandbox Test Site"

there are the payments made, probably with an "unclaimed" status, thats what happened to me, if the status is other, i have no clue :(

you may also try setting "Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status" to "Download now available" i'm not quite sure if thats a security risk, but I had it on that way before upgrading ipn to 2.3.4.5

All the payments in PayPal say completed. I have "Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status" to "Download now available". I hope it's not a security risk.

Thanks for helping :)

If you're using PayPal IPN which comes with a 'completed order status', set download available to it. The 'PayPal Acknowledged Order Status' only means that a valid IPN has been received, but it doesn't tell if the payment is completed or not. For further questions regarding PayPal IPN module please refer to its support thread.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

If you're using PayPal IPN which comes with a 'completed order status', set download available to it. The 'PayPal Acknowledged Order Status' only means that a valid IPN has been received, but it doesn't tell if the payment is completed or not. For further questions regarding PayPal IPN module please refer to its support thread.

Thanks Alex. My problem seems to be that I am not receiving any IPN emails. I've contacted my host about it and hopefully I can get it working. If not, I can always manually make downloads available. Thanks a lot for a great contribution.

I just tried AlexStudio's fix of paypal_ipn.php on page 183 in the OSC PayPal IPN thread, and although as soon as I completed the order it still said "Download not available until the order has been confirmed" -- a minute later I went into 'My Account' and it showed 'Download now available' with download links all working properly -

08/02/2008 Download Now Available PayPal IPN Verified [payment status: Completed (Verified; $45.00)]

The only email I received, however, was this one:

PHP error_log message:

cmd=_ext-enter

redirect_cmd=_xclick

item_name=Scott's Professional Dog Training

amount=45.00

handling=0.00

[email protected]

no_shipping=1

night_phone_b=8016139191

first_name=Buyer

last_name=One

address1=123 Fake St.

address2=

city=Salt Lake

zip=84119

state=AL

country=US

[email protected]

charset=utf-8

currency_code=USD

invoice=100006

custom=5

no_note=1

notify_url=https://www.scottsdogtraining.com/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php?language=english

cbt=Complete your Order Confirmation

return=https://www.scottsdogtraining.com/catalog/checkout_process.php

cancel_return=https://www.scottsdogtraining.com/catalog/FILENAME_PAYPAL_CANCEL

bn=osCommerce PayPal IPN v2.3.3

lc=US

x-posted to super download shop, not sure which contrib. this refers to more.

I am using this plugin with authorize.net. I have two questions:

1. How can I make it so that downloadable products can only be purchased by credit card, not a check?

2. How can I make it s that when the customer places the order, that the download is available immediately-no need for my client to accss the order and make it 'download available' status?

1. How can I make it so that downloadable products can only be purchased by credit card, not a check?

Authorize.net module doesn't tell if the payment is made by CC or check. SDS can't help with it either. You need to choose some other payment modules which allow you to set different orders status for check payments.
2. How can I make it s that when the customer places the order, that the download is available immediately-no need for my client to accss the order and make it 'download available' status?
I don't understand your question. Downloads are available immediately after payments completed, and in most cases shown on the checkout_success.php page. The orders status are updated by payment modules, not your customers.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

You can install the PayPal IPN contribution which will allow customers to pay by credit card through PayPal, and which will also allow your customers to receive downloads automatically after payment is complete.

You can install the PayPal IPN contribution which will allow customers to pay by credit card through PayPal, and which will also allow your customers to receive downloads automatically after payment is complete.

My client sells many other items that are not downloadable and have a merchant account. They do not want to accept credit cards via PayPal since they use authorize. net for credit card processing.

I don't understand your question. Downloads are available immediately after payments completed, and in most cases shown on the checkout_success.php page. The orders status are updated by payment modules, not your customers.

This s not taking place. The checkout_success.php page does not give the download link after order is processed. I will do another test on this to make sure.

Authorize.net module doesn't tell if the payment is made by CC or check. SDS can't help with it either. You need to choose some other payment modules which allow you to set different orders status for check payments.

I am confused about the credit card only capability. I have another store that has download and non-download products. When you choose the download product it only gives the credit card option. This is prior to payment actually being made. Can't remember how it works. I thought I used this contrib for downloads.

Edited by newtech

This s not taking place. The checkout_success.php page does not give the download link after order is processed. I will do another test on this to make sure.

I was correct. The order status shows as 'processing'.

When the submit order is pressed to submit the order, the customer goes to the 'checkout_success' page that is redirected by authorize.net.

The actual URL of the page is:

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

which goes to the page that says:

Your Order Has Been Processed! Your products will be shipped out in a timely manner.

I was correct. The order status shows as 'processing'.

When the submit order is pressed to submit the order, the customer goes to the 'checkout_success' page that is redirected by authorize.net.

The actual URL of the page is:

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

which goes to the page that says:

Your Order Has Been Processed! Your products will be shipped out in a timely manner.

I went into the Payment Module, choose the Authorize.net option, changed the Order Status from Processing to Download Now Available. I still have to manually approve the order before download link appears.

Hi im new to this whole thing.

But I cannot get the group downloads to work at all. It installs I can add groups and files to the group but they dont show up in the accounts section for the customer.

So I did a test I specified a single file name without using a group and the link showed up just fine whats wrong?

Whats causing the grouped part not to work but the single file downloads to work.

Also another problem in the attributes adding over 10 files doesn't allow me to see the files on page 2 I click on it the addy changes in the address bar but it doesn't update so i cant modify names or anything.

I also have an existing customer base before I got osc. I need to add their accounts manually and give their accounts access to the correct downloads without them repaying again how can I do this?

Edited by vandigital

And when I do use the groups I get something like this.....

Download links

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 6 to be long, string given in /home/modoni5/public_html/includes/modules/downloads.php on line 49

downloadtest Link expires:

Wednesday 31 December, 1969 20 downloads remaining

The date is fubared and theres no link.

But I cannot get the group downloads to work at all. It installs I can add groups and files to the group but they dont show up in the accounts section for the customer.
It seems to me that you didn't finish the installation, probably you missed the checkout_process.php modifications.
Also another problem in the attributes adding over 10 files doesn't allow me to see the files on page 2 I click on it the addy changes in the address bar but it doesn't update so i cant modify names or anything.
This could be the register globals off issue, please search in this thread for the fix.
I also have an existing customer base before I got osc. I need to add their accounts manually and give their accounts access to the correct downloads without them repaying again how can I do this?
You'll need to find some 'order editor' add-on to manually add orders for your existing customers.