• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

email not emailing?

unistar

Alrgiht.

I did the email_test.php and I got the PHP email. I am not getting the email through oscommerce.

Operating System Linux

Apache Version 1.3.33 (Unix)

Perl Version 5.8.0

PHP Version 4.3.11

MySQL Version 4.0.27-standard

Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl

Path to Sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

Anyone have any ideas here? All my settings are set correctly. I'm sending to a gmail account, using sendmail.

I am on the phone with my hosting company now.

Basically they have been prepping for changes for the past couple of weeks for controlling spam and number of emails sent/recieved. Becasue of this the site now needs an INI file setup in the mail.php.ini on the server side. This needs to be done with OS commerce sites.

My hosing co is IXwebhosting for anyone dealing with them, just call tech support and they can help.

Update.. they did the change for me and fixed the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok Guys i just solved this myself! so if your having the same problem try this,

ok this was a cpanel auto install so not my fault, i just overlookd it..

in the admin area>configuration>

in the "Email From" feild it was listed as <[email protected]>

i changed it from

<[email protected]>

to

[email protected]

and now everything worke's fine,

so my question would be whay were the <> placed ther? is it a cpanel auto thing??

anyway all workes fine for me now..

thanx, steven

ok i was havign this same problem , so maybe check this out if ur site was autoinstalled by cpanel/fantisico

hope this helps :rolleyes:

ok i was havign this same problem , so maybe check this out if ur site was autoinstalled by cpanel/fantisico

hope this helps :rolleyes:

Yes, probably a fantastico error installing an old version (but what you had should have worked).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I red all this tread, and I still have a problem.

I can send emails from Admin CP, no problem, after removing <>, but I still cant receive emails from Contact Us, Tell Friend, after registration, and after order confirmed. Basicly, no emails from Store. Any ideas? Running on Windows

ok i am basically a windows operating system engineer and we had this prob about 3-4 years ago where because of spam providrs became very reluctant to send mail without authentication, basically if you had a certain connection to the net and a diff email provider say connect through BT, but used either yahoo or hotmail for your email they would reject your smtp email unless you verified your email settings and set it to send through their server, but you would obviously need to authenticate with dial up user and pass.

I am having the same difficulty with sendin email, yet i do not have sendmail privelages on my server acc, so i chose SMTP but it did not give me the what i would call the authenticating settings for a diff smtp email provider. basically a user password, and smtp server setting i.e smtp.domain.com, so from what i have experienced you would never be able to send smtp mail without authenticating to the mail server first.

if i am wrong i am sorry yet i am newbie here, this is just what i learnt from my experience

I would expect when you choose smtp mail to get three options in a setup box first what is your smtp server address, second user third password

if this was incorporated into the setup i think this would eliviate this problem but hey just throwing thoughts around

ok i am basically a windows operating system engineer and we had this prob about 3-4 years ago where because of spam providrs became very reluctant to send mail without authentication, basically if you had a certain connection to the net and a diff email provider say connect through BT, but used either yahoo or hotmail for your email they would reject your smtp email unless you verified your email settings and set it to send through their server, but you would obviously need to authenticate with dial up user and pass.

I am having the same difficulty with sendin email, yet i do not have sendmail privelages on my server acc, so i chose SMTP but it did not give me the what i would call the authenticating settings for a diff smtp email provider. basically a user password, and smtp server setting i.e smtp.domain.com, so from what i have experienced you would never be able to send smtp mail without authenticating to the mail server first.

if i am wrong i am sorry yet i am newbie here, this is just what i learnt from my experience

I would expect when you choose smtp mail to get three options in a setup box first what is your smtp server address, second user third password

if this was incorporated into the setup i think this would eliviate this problem but hey just throwing thoughts around

The standard email capability provided with osCommerce does not support SMTP password authentication. You need to add the SMTP Authentication contribution to get the password authentication capability.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the contribution, but I am having trouble determining the SMTP Server Host Address and Serve EHLO. Netfirms is my hosting/server. When I go the the Tools--server info screen, the SMTP server is listed as "localhost".

Thanks for any help.

brilliant! that STMP contribution worked great and fixed my problem!

Here are my oscommerce settings once the contribution was installed and the sql file imported as per instructions

E-Mail Transport Method smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds CRLF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails true

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

SMTP Server Host Address linux.ivd.com.au (can find this in the Tools --> Server Info screen)

SMTP Server EHLO / HELO Name linux.ivd.com.au

SMTP Server Port Number 25

SMTP Authentication Required false

SMTP Authentication Username sales (mailbox name)

SMTP Authentication Password XXXXXXXXXX (mailbox password)

thanks!

I have installed the contribution, but I am having trouble determining the SMTP Server Host Address and Serve EHLO. Netfirms is my hosting/server. When I go the the Tools--server info screen, the SMTP server is listed as "localhost".

Thanks for any help.

Set the SMTP server parameter to "localhost" since that is what your hosting company is telling you. If they didn't tell you otherwise, set the SMTP port parameter to 25 (the default). Set the EHLO/HELO parameter to your domain name (e.g., www.mystore.com). Usually any character string will do for the EHLO/HELO parameter (its a very rare case when an email server is configred for a specific string). The SMTP Authenication username should be your defined email address on server (e.g., [email protected]). The SMTP Authenication password is your password to the defined email account.

The SMTP Authenication contribution has a debug feature. You might need to use it to determine the proper configuration parameters for your site.

Ben

I have a question. my contact us page functions fine, i can send email through the admin send email in the tools box. when customers sign up the get a thank you email, but i (the admin don't get one.) when a customer places an order, the customer gets an e-mail but again i the admin don't receive an email.

Am i missing something here? is there something i forgot to configure?

Thanks.

fyi. using freebsd and sendmail.

I have a question. my contact us page functions fine, i can send email through the admin send email in the tools box. when customers sign up the get a thank you email, but i (the admin don't get one.) when a customer places an order, the customer gets an e-mail but again i the admin don't receive an email.

Thanks.

Your outbound email is working fine. Email sent to the store is addressed to store owner / e-mail address defined in admin.

Check your definition of "Store Owner" and "E-Mail Address" parameters in admin-> configuration -> my store

The Store Owner is just a simple character string (e.g., John Smith); the E-Mail Address is a bare internet style email address (e.g., [email protected]) - no brackets, no quotes.

I don't recall if an email is sent to the store when a customer creates an account. I'm quite certain an email is sent to the store when an order is placed.

Ben

I am having the same issues. I ran the email_test and got the PHP email but not the OSC email. I wonder if there is a way to reinstall just the OSC email mod. I am at a loss as to where those files are located for that matter.

Mysql: ver. 5.0

OSC: 2.2-MS2

PHP Version 4.3.11

Would loading a contribute be a viable fix? or would that just make that worse?

I am having the same issues. I ran the email_test and got the PHP email but not the OSC email. I wonder if there is a way to reinstall just the OSC email mod. I am at a loss as to where those files are located for that matter.

Mysql: ver. 5.0

OSC: 2.2-MS2

PHP Version 4.3.11

Would loading a contribute be a viable fix? or would that just make that worse?

No you should not need to load a contribution since the PHP email was delivered. There is something wrong with your email configuration parameters in admin -> configuration -> my store or admin -> configuration -> E-Mail Options

Check the Store Owner, E-Mail Address and E-Mail Form Address parameters. One of them is formatted incorrectly.

Ben

No you should not need to load a contribution since the PHP email was delivered. There is something wrong with your email configuration parameters in admin -> configuration -> my store or admin -> configuration -> E-Mail Options

Check the Store Owner, E-Mail Address and E-Mail Form Address parameters. One of them is formatted incorrectly.

Ben

I had a delay problem with the order confirmation email. Sometimes it arrived next day and out of order (last order first). May be some servers are too picky with php generated stuff causing delays?

Though I found a workaround:

I just left empty both E-Mail From email and Send Extra Order Emails To on the administration page.

Now the order confirmation is coming in less than a minute.

Also tested the contact us form and works well.

I have tried using same email and different for them and didn't help. Only worked when I left them empty.

I had a delay problem with the order confirmation email. Sometimes it arrived next day and out of order (last order first). May be some servers are too picky with php generated stuff causing delays?

Though I found a workaround:

I just left empty both E-Mail From email and Send Extra Order Emails To on the administration page.

Now the order confirmation is coming in less than a minute.

Also tested the contact us form and works well.

I have tried using same email and different for them and didn't help. Only worked when I left them empty.

I am sorry but worked using a gmail email for my test client.

When I use a @localhost email for my testing client, order confirmation email delays are big. :blush:

Thanks.

In the above scenario if you add an address to the 'Send Extra Emails' field then new orders will be sent to that address (but still not the store owner). To fix this locate and open your checkout_process.php and find around line 259 this "tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);"

Under this add the following two lines and save:

// Send to Store Owner

tep_mail('', STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Should solve your problem!

Regards, Steve

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived