• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags for novices

GemRock

if you want the issue be resolved quickly, then post your url to me. there is no such thing as permission issue for a stock osc, unless yours has had some stange addon installed.

Ken

Its had loads of add ons installed! There is one thing strange happening, on the left its showing " BOX_HEADING_" next to every heading?

so its like

BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION

BOX_HEADING_CATALOG

BOX_HEADING_MODULES

instead of just config, catalog, modules... ?

Its had loads of add ons installed! There is one thing strange happening, on the left its showing " BOX_HEADING_" next to every heading?

so its like

BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION

BOX_HEADING_CATALOG

BOX_HEADING_MODULES

instead of just config, catalog, modules... ?

as far as i remember (sorry dont have time to check), these BOX HEADING etc are defined in admin/includes/languanges/english.php (or your language.php), so you might have misplaced the file. there is another file with the same name but under [catalog]/includes/languages/

the one under admin/includes/languanges/english.php is the one my contrib asks you to modify.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Ken, Thanks for your contribution!

But I've faced the problem with inserting title,description and keywords for categories and the products name.I mean that when I try to change title,description and keywords in the admin panel I receive the message that the action succeded, but whne I preview go to the page and preview code I see only names of categories and the products names which are set by default.I have no errors with your contribution, but nevertheless I can't change these parametres. :(

I use v2.2 RC2a of OsCommerce.

Can you help me to solve this question?

Thanks,

Sergey.

For those (most dont, I believe) who have problems, when asking a support question:

1. state that which version of the contribution and installation guide you use and from where/when you doanload them, and you have followed all the installation steps including the "how to use" section;

2. state that whether your osc store/shop uses a template, if yes, what the template is;

3. post the portion of code (the code that my contrib advises you to add or change) you think you have problem with;

4. if possible, tell me your URL. Many times by looking at your osc store/shop, I can tell immediately what may be wrong.

Thank you,

Ken

ps

Sergey: v2.2 RC2a is the version I tested the contrib. on.

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Hi, Ken

For those (most dont, I believe) who have problems, when asking a support question:

1. state that which version of the contribution and installation guide you use and from where/when you doanload them, and you have followed all the installation steps including the "how to use" section;

2. state that whether your osc store/shop uses a template, if yes, what the template is;

3. post the portion of code (the code that my contrib advises you to add or change) you think you have problem with;

4. if possible, tell me your URL. Many times by looking at your osc store/shop, I can tell immediately what may be wrong.

Thank you,

Ken

ps

Sergey: v2.2 RC2a is the version I tested the contrib. on.

I've downloaded the following contribution: seo header tags version 4 from the: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4822

As for products - title,description and keywords - everyting now works great, but the problem is in the changing the same attributes in categories.It is written that my actions succeded, but these 3 parametres of category don't change.I think the problem is in header_tags_category_edit.php

I've tested it on the original version v2.2 RC2a on localhost.Tried to reinstall several times and failed(

Hope, you will advice me something.

Thanks,

Sergey.

Edited by linx6703

although you have said where you downloaded the contrib from but you did not say which version of the installation instruction you used and whether you have followed the instructions including the 'how to use' section.

If you click on the link xhtml 1.0 strict compliant osCommerce v2.2 Final in my signature, you can also download the latest header tags contrib and the installation instructions there as well.

And remember to provide all the info as stated in my previous post.

Ken

Edited by GemRock

I just added SEO header tags ver 4 and I'm having a problem with the header tags edit page in admin.

When I go to update it goes to a cant find "Catalog" unknown url page. It looks like it is trying to go to "Catalog" instead of the actual url.

The category edit works fine and updates nicely, its just the product edit that does not work.

Any ideas what to look for?

Thanks,

Brock

open for edit, look for lines 135 - 136:

<form name="update" method="POST" action="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?action=update&page=$page&sort_by=$sort_by&cPath=$current_category_id&row_by_page=$row_by_page&manufacturer=$manufacturer"; ?>">
								<td align="right" valign="middle"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE, "action=update&cPath=$current_category_id&page=$page&sort_by=$sort_by&row_by_page=$row_by_page");?>  </td>

replace it with:

<?php echo tep_draw_form('update', FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_EDIT, "action=update&page=$page&cPath=$current_category_id&row_by_page=$row_by_page&manufacturer=$manufacturer", 'post'); ?>
								<td align="right" valign="middle"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE, "action=update&cPath=$current_category_id&page=$page&row_by_page=$row_by_page");?>  </td>

see if it works. if not, then post the error msg.

Ken

I just went to the contributions page (through the connection listed in your footer as the new contribution for version 4) however it seems that only the installation instructions are there and there is no version four with files in it. I tried to use the pathnames provided in the install instructions: your website name "does not exist", in Google code page I cannot find anything listed under Ultimate-oscommerce. Did I miss something or do I need to look someplace else?

I just went to the contributions page (through the connection listed in your footer as the new contribution for version 4) however it seems that only the installation instructions are there and there is no version four with files in it. I tried to use the pathnames provided in the install instructions: your website name "does not exist", in Google code page I cannot find anything listed under Ultimate-oscommerce. Did I miss something or do I need to look someplace else?

On that link, click the downloads tab. There are 4 zip files.

Thanks for helping out, Coopco, I just used that link and downloaded (for the third time) the tab for the last entry - which is installation instructions - it has one file called readme. The second tab down is also installation instructions. Do you mean I should download version 3.0 instead(third tab down)? Does this mean there is no version 4 yet?

Thanks for helping out, Coopco, I just used that link and downloaded (for the third time) the tab for the last entry - which is installation instructions - it has one file called readme. The second tab down is also installation instructions. Do you mean I should download version 3.0 instead(third tab down)? Does this mean there is no version 4 yet?

It is a bit confusing, I think it is this one

seo-header-tags-v4.zip SEO Header tags version 4.00 seo header tags osCommerce

Okay, I have downloaded the one that says seo header tags version 4 (three times, now)- and you won't believe this - it is also the installation instructions. No other files in it! I have downloaded the previous version 3.1 which has four files in it, but they would not have the updates in there ,would they?? Maybe you could try the download. I have tried it going through the link, through contributions, even tried the links he suggested in the installation instructions which don't exist (in Google Code) or go anyplace, even his link to his site goes nowhere. Is it possible that someone uploaded the instructions to the contribution page twice?

Thanks again for helpiing out :)

Okay, I have downloaded the one that says seo header tags version 4 (three times, now)- and you won't believe this - it is also the installation instructions. No other files in it! I have downloaded the previous version 3.1 which has four files in it, but they would not have the updates in there ,would they?? Maybe you could try the download. I have tried it going through the link, through contributions, even tried the links he suggested in the installation instructions which don't exist (in Google Code) or go anyplace, even his link to his site goes nowhere. Is it possible that someone uploaded the instructions to the contribution page twice?

Thanks again for helpiing out :)

The seo-header-tags-v4.zip file that I downloaded has the necessary files, install instructions, and screenshot.

The seo-header-tags-v4.zip file that I downloaded has the necessary files, install instructions, and screenshot.

I believe you probably did get the correct one. Can you check the contributions page download to see if it is different than what you got the first time? I am pretty sure all these other people got version 4 at some time. Who would I contact to see if there is another copy that can be uploaded? Or is there another place I can look for it? Ive tried all the links he had in the install instructions.

Coopco, thanks for all the help you have given. I found a live link to the contribution in Gemrocks message dated December 20th - it took me to the Google Code pages where he has it listed under ultimate oscommerce. Its title is slightly different than the one listed in the community contributions so I was able to tell it apart when it downloaded. Anyhow, Ive got it now.

I appreciate your assistance, thanks again :)

I believe you probably did get the correct one. Can you check the contributions page download to see if it is different than what you got the first time? I am pretty sure all these other people got version 4 at some time. Who would I contact to see if there is another copy that can be uploaded? Or is there another place I can look for it? Ive tried all the links he had in the install instructions.

sent you a pm

sorry for all the confusions, guy! but if only you open the readme.txt in the downloaded zip from the community - Contributions, it would tell you where you can get the real bits from (for the time being until further notice - that is).

meantime, I would like to hear some feedback RE the new category header tags.

Thanks

Ken

Edited by GemRock

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

I had previously installed V.30 and it works great, (thanks).

Just installed V.4, using the new files and following the new install instructions and it is working perfectly.

Brilliant contribution and much appreciated.

(thought you may like some positive feedback!)

Hi yotac-admin

Thank you for your comment.

Positive feedback is of course always welcome and appreciated and believe it owuld encourage someone else to try it as it is simply and straightforward, but i would also like at the moment feedback RE the newly added category mate tags, does it work on your site or is it what you want etc, positive or otherwise.

Ken

Hi yotac-admin

Thank you for your comment.

Positive feedback is of course always welcome and appreciated and believe it owuld encourage someone else to try it as it is simply and straightforward, but i would also like at the moment feedback RE the newly added category mate tags, does it work on your site or is it what you want etc, positive or otherwise.

Ken

Sorry Ken, all works for me.