• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Tracker

lildog

I installed the new update 1.7.15 but I am still getting the xml error. XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 127

In the rsscache/contrib_rss.html this is what is shown after the error:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>302 Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Found</h1>
<p>The document has moved <a href="http://feedproxy.feedburner.com/osCommerce_Contributions?format=xml">here</a>.</p>
</body></html>

This site is on MS2.2

I have another site that is rc2 and I get the same error message: XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 127, but nothing in the rsscache file.

• 1 month later...

My host updated to php version 5.2.10. Since then I get the following warning above the contribution tracker:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in D:\www\goodlivesbeads.nl\www\winkelen2\catalog\admin\includes\classes\rdf_class.php on line 344

Line 344 on rdf_class.php shows:

xml_set_object($this->xml_parser,&$this);

I can't update the status of the contribs anymore when I'm editing them (with the 0 or 1 nrs in the editing . I can only click the green or red dots in the contrib listing.

Maybe that's because of the call-time error.

Who knows how I can solve this problem?

I think I solved my problem.

I googled it again, but now with the line that was giving me the trouble. The solution that I found was:

Change:

xml_set_object($this->xml_parser,&$this);

to

xml_set_object($this->xml_parser,$this);

So deleting the & before $this

The warning is gone and I can edit again.

Edited by Clau123

When going to admin/contrib_tracker.php i am getting the dreaded:

could not open XML input

I have the following settings

PHP Version 5.2.10

cURL support enabled

cURL Information libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8c zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

allow_url_fopen Off Off

Tried installing versions 1.7.16 and 1.7.15. If anyone has a solution let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Get this error also:

XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 92

have tried 1.7.15 and 1.7.16

This is line 91 and 92:

if (extension_loaded('curl')== 1 && file_exists(DIR_WS_CATALOG. 'rsscache/contrib_rss.html')){
	unlink(DIR_FS_CATALOG. 'rsscache/contrib_rss.html');

Location of the file is: /public_html/rsscache/contrib_rss.html

Bennett

Has anyone been able to get this contribution to work? Still getting the error even after searching google and through support forum.

XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 216

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been able to get this contribution to work? Still getting the error even after searching google and through support forum.

XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 216

It always works on some servers (1&1, for instance) and on others, it fails only when there are accented characters in the content of the RSS feed. This seems to be caused by a disagreement between the character set declaration in the header of the file and the actual content. (Header contains 'encoding="ISO-8859-1"', while accented characters in the article titles are encoded as UTF-8.) Some PHP XML parsers choke on this and cause the error.

A "correct" fix would be to repair the feed so that the article titles are either (a) encoded with ISO 8859-1, or (b) the accented characters are converted to HTML entities, as is already done with the article descriptions. I wrote to hpdl a while back on this, but never received a response, and the feed is still broken.

Because I only have access to a server that always works, it has been difficult to create a workaround to this problem. If someone can give me read/write access to a test installation on a server that is known to fail, I can probably come up with a fix. PM me if you can do so.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

It always works on some servers (1&1, for instance) and on others, it fails only when there are accented characters in the content of the RSS feed. This seems to be caused by a disagreement between the character set declaration in the header of the file and the actual content. (Header contains 'encoding="ISO-8859-1"', while accented characters in the article titles are encoded as UTF-8.) Some PHP XML parsers choke on this and cause the error.

A "correct" fix would be to repair the feed so that the article titles are either (a) encoded with ISO 8859-1, or (B) the accented characters are converted to HTML entities, as is already done with the article descriptions. I wrote to hpdl a while back on this, but never received a response, and the feed is still broken.

Because I only have access to a server that always works, it has been difficult to create a workaround to this problem. If someone can give me read/write access to a test installation on a server that is known to fail, I can probably come up with a fix. PM me if you can do so.

--Glen

I beg to differ with you. I have been using 1and1 for my sites for six years and have never been able to get this contribution to work. Always gives the error "could not open XML input".

I beg to differ with you. I have been using 1and1 for my sites for six years and have never been able to get this contribution to work. Always gives the error "could not open XML input".

Then you're dealing with a different problem from the one that others are having. I run it daily on 1and1. The others have intermittent problems opening the page; it fails to load when there are accented characters in the contribution titles.

Is your store running under PHP5? I was able to duplicate your issue on 1and1 when I set my test store to use PHP5. The workaround for this is to create a contrib_rss.html file as outlined in the installation instructions. There are some issues with the code in contrib_tracker that decides whether to open the RDF feed as a file or create a local cache, so I am uploading a fix shortly. This error occurs because PHP5 is usually configured to disallow opening a URL as a file. This is the case with 1and1.

--Glen

I have just posted v1.7.17 of Contribution Tracker with the following changes:

Version 1.7.17

Revised installation instructions - rsscache directory no longer used

+ Rewrote XML parser - no longer uses rdf_class.php

+ Rewrote RDF file handling code - no longer caches feed in contrib_rss.php, works with PHP5 as if cURL is available

+ Revised email notification now only reports once per update, not every time the cron job is executed

+ three files no longer needed:

/catalog/includes/classes/rdf_file.php

/catalog/includes/functions/contrib_tracker.php

/admin/includes/classes/rdf_file.php

This version should fix both the intermittent error of corrupt XML files when there are accented characters in the names of some of the contributions, as well as problems associated with PHP5 when allow_url_fopen is set to 'off', which is the default setting. As a result of this, I no longer cache the feed to the local server, which may slow some users down when doing a lot of updates on the Contrib Tracker admin page. I will probably change this to cache the feed for up to an hour when the page is reloaded.

I also made changes that make the email notifications both less annoying (only one message per update, instead once each time the cron job is run while the contribution is on the list) and more useful (name and link of updated contribution in message body).

As usual, please let me know of any problems you experience with this release.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Hello Glen,

I updated to version 1.1.17 and everything seems to work fine, So thank you, because this is a very handy Contribution.

However I have 1 question. Every time I update a contribution and click on "Last integrated in store" :today, also the "last official update" changes into the same date as the date I did the update. For example I have updated this Contribution today, so now I see:

Last integrated in store: 2009-09-10 15:00:00

Last official update: 2009-09-10 15:54:27

While the official update dat is: 2009-09-05

Do you have this too? If you have, is it possible to change this? It would be nice if you can see the official update date of the Contrib after you update it into your store.

greetings Claudia

Hello Glen,

I updated to version 1.1.17 and everything seems to work fine, So thank you, because this is a very handy Contribution.

However I have 1 question. Every time I update a contribution and click on "Last integrated in store" :today, also the "last official update" changes into the same date as the date I did the update. For example I have updated this Contribution today, so now I see:

Last integrated in store: 2009-09-10 15:00:00

Last official update: 2009-09-10 15:54:27

While the official update dat is: 2009-09-05

Do you have this too? If you have, is it possible to change this? It would be nice if you can see the official update date of the Contrib after you update it into your store.

greetings Claudia

Claudia,

You're correct. I'll look into this and fix it shortly.

--Glen

• 2 weeks later...

Since this morning I get this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in catalog\admin\contrib_tracker.php on line 119

Now i don't see the latest OSc updates anymore

I asked my provider, but they say they didn't change anything

Anyone else experiencing this thing?

I tried some thing that I found on other forums for other Contribs (see my blog) I don't write them down here, because I don't know if I did the right thing.

What I see now is after "Latest OSC Contributions" is: ERROR: Could not open RDF feed

I tried some thing that I found on other forums for other Contribs (see my blog) I don't write them down here, because I don't know if I did the right thing.

What I see now is after "Latest OSC Contributions" is: ERROR: Could not open RDF feed

"ERROR: Could not open RDF feed" is "normal" if we cannot get the file from Feedburner for any reason.

I read your blog entry. Can you post a reference to where you found those changes?

Thanks,

Glen

I found something on the dutch forum (link) post nr 7. It's not about the contrib tracker, but they have the same kind of warning I have. I don't think you can read that so I translate it for you:

In post 7 the guy says:

If for example on a line it says:

foreach($xxxxx as ....) {

}

If $xxxxx is not an array, PHP5 goes down (PHP4 not) so you have to change it to this:

if (is_array($xxxxx)) {

foreach($xxxxx as ....) {

}

}

Edited by Clau123

I found something on the dutch forum (link) post nr 7. It's not about the contrib tracker, but they have the same kind of warning I have. I don't think you can read that so I translate it for you:

In post 7 the guy says:

Thanks. Does the problem still occur, or are you seeing entries in the Latest Contributions section now?

The warning message comes from an assumption that I had made, that is apparently invalid. I expected that if we receive a response from feedburner, that there would be articles in it. This is apparently not always the case.

I have added some debugging code to the cron task to see if I can capture the feed when there are no articles. I'll post an update soon.

--Glen

The whole day I still had trouble seeing the updates. but I just looked a couple of minutes ago, and now everything is working again. So I think there must have been a problem at the site of Oscommerce, because my code adding didn't solve the problem, only deleted my Warnings.

The whole day I still had trouble seeing the updates. but I just looked a couple of minutes ago, and now everything is working again. So I think there must have been a problem at the site of Oscommerce, because my code adding didn't solve the problem, only deleted my Warnings.

Claudia,

I believe that the code should not emit warnings and will add code to detect them in the next release. I will also make the error message a bit more informative.

Thank you for the report.

--Glen

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

Great contrib but I get this error:

1292 - Incorrect datetime value: '2009-10-29 12:Oct:th' for column 'note_created' at row 1

insert into contrib_tracker (contr_id, contrib_osc_id, contrib_name, contrib_link, contrib_support, config_comments, note_created, contr_last_modified, status, last_update, contrib_vers) values (NULL, '6853','H2EPAYMENT OSCommerce plugin','http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6853','','', '2009-10-29 12:Oct:th', '2009-07-02 00:00:00', '1', '2009-10-29 12:Oct:th', '' )

Sébastien

Edited by scartier

Hi Steve,

Great contrib but I get this error:

1292 - Incorrect datetime value: '2009-10-29 12:Oct:th' for column 'note_created' at row 1

insert into contrib_tracker (contr_id, contrib_osc_id, contrib_name, contrib_link, contrib_support, config_comments, note_created, contr_last_modified, status, last_update, contrib_vers) values (NULL, '6853','H2EPAYMENT OSCommerce plugin','http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6853','','', '2009-10-29 12:Oct:th', '2009-07-02 00:00:00', '1', '2009-10-29 12:Oct:th', '' )

Sébastien

I solved it modifying admin/contrib_tracker.php from:

case 'quick_insert':

if (is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['contrib_quick_insert'])){

$date_updated =date("Y-m-d H:M:S");

$date_added =date("Y-m-d H:M:S");

to:

case 'quick_insert':

if (is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['contrib_quick_insert'])){

$date_updated =strtotime($HTTP_POST_VARS['last_update']);

$date_updated=strftime ($format, $date_updated);

$date_added =strtotime($HTTP_POST_VARS['note_created']);

$date_added=strftime ($format, $date_added);

I don't know if it's correct since I'm not a PHP expert but it works...

Sébastien

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know how to make the search function check the NOTES too? When I search for something that is in the notes for contribution tracker I get zero results.

Thanks

Carry

• 1 month later...

Am noticing a small error whenever another contribution is inserted. Did look through admin/contrib_tracker.php, but seen nothing wrong. Upon entering a new contribution, I tick the check box next to both ( todays ) and tick update. The hour is always correct but it fails to show minutes and seconds as shown below:

Last integrated into store:

2010-06-22 11:00:00

Date Added to Store:

2010-06-22 11:00:00

The date and hour is always correct. Have checked other modules through out admin and store and time and date is correct. So am asking if others are having same issue and if there is a fix.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...