• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Tracker

lildog

I forget to check the contributions site everyday even every week or month. When I do remember to checkback it takes forever to update all my contribs. Contribution tracker checks the oscommerce feed and notes what contributions have been updated so you can easily see what contribution needs to be updated.

found at:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4815

• 3 weeks later...

Great contribution. This has helped me out tremendously. Wen I loaded up contrib_tracker.php today, I recieved an error. Here is what I got:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'images basic' and last_update < '2007-02-08 08:46:52'' at line 1

UPDATE contrib_tracker SET status ='0', contr_last_modified = '2007-02-08 08:46:52' , date_status_change = now() where contrib_name = 'Infinit'images basic' and last_update < '2007-02-08 08:46:52'

Checking out todays new contributions on http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions, there is one called

Infinit'images basic

I believe the single quote in the title of this contribution is causing the sql error. Can anyone hl help with the solution to this?

Thanks

-Mike

Great contribution. This has helped me out tremendously. Wen I loaded up contrib_tracker.php today, I recieved an error. Here is what I got:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'images basic' and last_update < '2007-02-08 08:46:52'' at line 1

UPDATE contrib_tracker SET status ='0', contr_last_modified = '2007-02-08 08:46:52' , date_status_change = now() where contrib_name = 'Infinit'images basic' and last_update < '2007-02-08 08:46:52'

Checking out todays new contributions on http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions, there is one called

Infinit'images basic

I believe the single quote in the title of this contribution is causing the sql error. Can anyone hl help with the solution to this?

Thanks

-Mike

I am having a similar error. It's been driving me nuts trying to find the cause.

What if we put another update after the problem contribution. Will the Contribution tracker overlook it?

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

What if we put another update after the problem contribution. Will the Contribution tracker overlook it?

I guess that won't work because the feed coming in is the name of the newest contributions.

The problem will likely pass when that contribution gets bumped off the top ten list. It is sure to come around again when it gets an update.

Is there a bit of code to strip out the quote in the name that we can add to the Contribution Tracker code?

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

Hi

see

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=250124

can we all add to this so it may get don??

simon

Has anyone emailed the author of the contribution?

I guess that won't work because the feed coming in is the name of the newest contributions.

The problem will likely pass when that contribution gets bumped off the top ten list. It is sure to come around again when it gets an update.

Is there a bit of code to strip out the quote in the name that we can add to the Contribution Tracker code?

I found some info here: http://www.kofler.cc/forum/forumthread.php?rootID=3184

Using the str_replace function (http://us3.php.net/str_replace), i changed line 63 in admin/contrib_tracker.php to

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_CONTRIB_TRACKER . " SET status ='0', contr_last_modified = '" . $pubtimestamp . "' , date_status_change = now() where contrib_name = '" . str_replace("'","\'", $thetitle) . "' and last_update < '" . $pubtimestamp . "'");

It just replaces ' with \' in the contribution title. The problem I could forsee would be any contributions that have " in their name won't be entered correctly.

It seems to work, but t would be great if someone that actually knows php could verify this is ok.

Thanks

-Mike

I found some info here: http://www.kofler.cc/forum/forumthread.php?rootID=3184

Using the str_replace function (http://us3.php.net/str_replace), i changed line 63 in admin/contrib_tracker.php to

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_CONTRIB_TRACKER . " SET status ='0', contr_last_modified = '" . $pubtimestamp . "' , date_status_change = now() where contrib_name = '" . str_replace("'","\'", $thetitle) . "' and last_update < '" . $pubtimestamp . "'");

It just replaces ' with \' in the contribution title. The problem I could forsee would be any contributions that have " in their name won't be entered correctly.

It seems to work, but t would be great if someone that actually knows php could verify this is ok.

Thanks

-Mike

Thanks for your efforts. I will try your suggestions and post the results. I sent the author an email so maybe there might be an update at somepoint; I'll keep watching the Contribution Tracker to see if there is one...

RJ

Thanks for your efforts. I will try your suggestions and post the results. I sent the author an email so maybe there might be an update at somepoint; I'll keep watching the Contribution Tracker to see if there is one...

RJ

Ka Chow, it's back up...

...until the " comes along.

Hello everyone. I had no idea people were even using this contrib. I thought it would be huge! It is an ongoing problem for me to update my contribs. I have 6 months to go through and install. OOPS!

Anyhow, the string replace should work fine. I am no expert in php but getting better everyday. I will patch it in and also acccount for the inevitable " too.

Thanks all for using my contrib.

if anyone has any info on comparing the dates in the sql database and the oscommerce rss feed leet me know. I believe the calculations are about twelve hours off. I guess also depending on timezone.

lildog

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a more comprehensive fix for the error with names that include ' and ". I appologize for taking sooo long to post this. I am going to add an update to the contrib page later,

in admin/contrib_tracker.php:

before

// get database contributions with the name of the current item and last modded in store is less that the pubdate

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_CONTRIB_TRACKER . " SET status ='0', contr_last_modified = '" . $pubtimestamp . "' , date_status_change = now() where contrib_name = '" . $thetitle . "' and last_update < '" . $pubtimestamp . "'");

added:

// add backslashes to characters that need escaping

$thetitle=addslashes($thetitle);

26Feb7- in catalog/contrib_tracker.php:

before

// get database contributions with the name of the current item and last modded in store is less that the pubdate

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_CONTRIB_TRACKER . " SET status ='0', contr_last_modified = '" . $pubtimestamp . "' , date_status_change = now() where contrib_name = '" . $thetitle . "' and last_update < '" . $pubtimestamp . "'");

add:

// add backslashes to characters that need escaping

$thetitle=addslashes($thetitle);

Hi lildog,

Will it work for older contributions to?

I installed the contribution and added a contribution, I'm using, which I know has a newer version.

But yr contribution, doesn't seem to "see it".

Or does it only recognize new aditions when there are updated afteryr contribution is installed, and the contribution is scheduled to run each day with a cron job?

A bit more information how it works would be great.....

Using your version 1.2 which is great. I downloaded the updates and when extracting them my compression program is telling me file contains corrupt or illegal file names. It's all the things having to do with upgrades. It extracts the new files and directions, but not the upgrade stuff you put in. I don't think it likes the 1->2 stuff in the file or folder names.

Going to try and use my examdiff pro and see if I can figure out what changed between each of them.

Thanks again for this great contrib!

I think the problem is I am on a mac I will rename and upload. Please let me know if it works.

cDGo IT Consultancy:

As far as not recognizing old contribs, it recognizes anything that comes throught the rss feed, which is a couple of hours? behind the actual site, It gets gererated every so often. I suspect it was typed in incorrectly. Make sure the name you typed in is EXACTLY like the large title at the top of the contrib page, NOT the title of the most recent version.

lildog

Using your version 1.2 which is great. I downloaded the updates and when extracting them my compression program is telling me file contains corrupt or illegal file names. It's all the things having to do with upgrades. It extracts the new files and directions, but not the upgrade stuff you put in. I don't think it likes the 1->2 stuff in the file or folder names.

Going to try and use my examdiff pro and see if I can figure out what changed between each of them.

Thanks again for this great contrib!

I cannot get the Edit, Delete, or Preview buttons to work on Contribution Tracker. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone fixed it?

(Ignore similar post outside of this thread)

Hi lilboy,

Thanks for replying.

The thing is that I'm talking about contribs from the past.

Lets say in contrib installed last in 2005 and has an update in 2006.

What I now understand is that your contrib only works for updates that are now spread thrue the rss feeds.

As the update of 2006 won't be spread through the rss feed, your contrib will not alert me for that update.

cDGo IT Consultancy,

Let me see if I have this right. You installed a contrib in say 2005 there was an update in 2006 that you missed or did not install and would like to be notified that you are not using the latest version, right? This is exactly why I wrote this contrib. I am in the same boat. I have about a hundred contribs installed and I forget to update them then I do updates and it takes me a week or more. Unfortunately, the names and versions of contribs are all over the board and I am not sure I would be able to get Contrib tracker to reliably check the site. Is the contrib you are talking about on the oscommerce contrib site? This is a feature I will investigate and try to implement, no promises.

For now update all of your contribs, enter them into contrib tracker and from then on you will get notified of updates.

lildog

I just upgraded from v1.2 to v1.5.2. When i clicked on the Contrib link in admin, I got the following error

[codeParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/store/admin/contrib_tracker.php on line 1][/code]

Thinking I may have missed something, I reinstalled v1.2 and it worked fine again. I decided to do a fresh install of v1.5.2 and after, got the same problem. I then brought it back to v1.2 and it works. I installed v1.3 and that is where the problem starts. I'm not coder so I'm not sure where to look.

Line 1 is of course the <?php so I assume it means the first line of code which is require('includes/application_top.php'); on mine.

Thanks for any help and a great contrib!

Currently running 76 contibutions.

Candleman,

The only thing I can suggest is check the punctuation near line 1 make sure they all have semi colons, etc. Or post the first part of code and i will try to determine the problem.

lildog

Candleman,

The only thing I can suggest is check the punctuation near line 1 make sure they all have semi colons, etc. Or post the first part of code and i will try to determine the problem.

lildog

I tried to install the 1.5.4 version and got the same error. I reinsalled the 1.2 version and it was back to normal. The code is the same code in the 1.5.4 version release on the contribution page. There must be an error in it, but I can't find it.