• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

News Blog V1.0

natewlew

Did anyone answer the question about the RSS feed icon? I click on it and it wants to download the rss.php file. This isn't correct is it?

It works with firfox and ie7 because they recognise it. ie6 does not receognise it (maybe microsoft can fix that for us)..

Hi

Just installed this and all seems well, except in the admin panel there is NO option to add a new article or edit the current article that's there? Any ideas why this is?

I've been through the installation several times and no luck. Theres no actual errors displaying just lack of things, also I haven't edited ANY of the files, fresh from the folder.

Cheers.

Tools, new, click on new article to make a new article.

Tools, news click on title of item to edit it.

Configuration, News Blog, is for configuration.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed this contrib. and all seems fine..

Fixed the danish translation too, so if anybody wants, i can send the danish files..

My only problem is that i can't edit articles that already have been written..

This is the news that i have written, don't show up when i go to "edit" mode..

Any idea what i might have done wrong, or what file i have to see through?

I am sure that it is in the admin folder, but where?

Thank you in advance..

Hello,

I have installed this contrib. and all seems fine..

Fixed the danish translation too, so if anybody wants, i can send the danish files..

My only problem is that i can't edit articles that already have been written..

This is the news that i have written, don't show up when i go to "edit" mode..

Any idea what i might have done wrong, or what file i have to see through?

I am sure that it is in the admin folder, but where?

Thank you in advance..

In adition, i have noticed that once i have posted a news, the link for "new article" dissapears..

Any ideas here?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I installed v1.4 of this contribution and everything works great except for the RSS feed. I receive the error "Whitespace is not allowed at this location." when I click on the RSS icon. Is there an easy way to fix this? It worked fine when only the test news item was in the system but once I deleted it and wrote my own articles I received this issue.

Any help would be much apprietiated. :)

• 2 months later...

I have just downloaded and installed News Blog V 1.4.

I had the NAVBAR_TITLE problem previously addressed in this thread and was able to follow the instructions THX. Is there a version control problem going on here? I thought that was fixed.

Overall the add-on is well done. However, having the title, page description and keywords as static elements is weak. That just won't cut it for SEO. Anyone working on that? These should be unique for every blog entry.

• 1 month later...
In adition, i have noticed that once i have posted a news, the link for "new article" dissapears..

Any ideas here?

in admin - article.php change this:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('article_content[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', tep_get_article_content($id, $languages[$i]['id'])); ?></td>

to this

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('article_content[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', '', tep_get_article_content($id, $languages[$i]['id'])); ?></td>

article text will be visible and editable in admin

Edited by graeme john

• 3 weeks later...

I have just installed this contrib and when I go to Admin>Tools>News it shows this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_reply() in /home/tez/public_html/store/admin/news.php on line 315

And when I click on the test article this error shows up

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_news_name() in /home/tez/public_html/store/admin/news.php on line 195

I have been looking through it for a while now and I can pick up what the problem is maybe I missed something but each time I go over it I cant find a thing.

Any help would be appreciated as im super keen to get this going.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded the contrib and at first it looked great, but then a couple of issues emerged.

2. The breadcrumb trail is messed up, I get NAVBAR_TITLE

Adding the NAVBAR title define() to includes/languages/english/news.php wasn't enough to fix this issue for me, I had to change the order of 2 lines in /news.php:

/* swap order of lines...

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWS, '', 'SSL'));

*/

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_NEWS);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWS, '', 'SSL'));

?>

And that did it.

Anybody else find the 'Edit' button on the admin panel confusing? I changed it to 'Save'.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've got a major problem where my RSS feeds are no longer working. The RSS page comes up fine but doesn't list any of the articles which are on my site. This is happening both locally on my test site and remotely on the production site.

Does anyone have an idea why this may be happening? It was happening a little while back but has since stopped happening.....

Thanks

Matt

Matt Clark

General Manager

• 3 weeks later...

Good contribution but there's a slight problem. As long as I stay within the confines of the box when creating an article in admin, everything is ok. Just as a test, I held down a letter key to keep repeating. Afterwards, I went back to the front end(store) and clicked "news articles", and my site was stretched to no end. My site's width is set to 800 and was distorted to around 1200. Do you have a fix for this? Everything seems to function normal otherwise.

Kuai

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a problem with the installation of the contri of news blog 1.5.

On the front page i get the following in the right colum BOX_HEADING_News

I did the things from previous posts, butt that didn't solve the problem.

I hope someone can help me.

And is there a code that the RSS inmage is under the postbox on the index page.

So that custumers can subscribe from there.

I hope someone can help me

Thank You

Edited by twindaddy

Hi All,

I've got a major problem where my RSS feeds are no longer working. The RSS page comes up fine but doesn't list any of the articles which are on my site. This is happening both locally on my test site and remotely on the production site.

Does anyone have an idea why this may be happening? It was happening a little while back but has since stopped happening.....

Thanks

Matt

You may have some weird character in the post. Especially if you are pasting in from another app like MS Word.

I recently had someone hack into the RSS.php file and replace it with a form requesting login info. Is there a hole in this plug-in?

I noticed search queries coming into my site on these keywords...

inurl:news.php?article=

Edited by craigscott

• 3 weeks later...

I get the following SQL error:

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.9.2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
-- 
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Jan 18, 2007 at 07:25 PM
-- Server version: 4.1.20
-- PHP Version: 4.3.9
-- 
-- --------------------------------------------------------
-- 
-- Table structure for table `news`
-- 
INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )
VALUES (
'367', 'News Blog', 'News Blog Configuration', 200, 1
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '367' for key 1 

And when navigating to the news page I get this (and yes I have published an article):

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../jet200.com/catalog/news.php on line 343

I'm sure it's something simple but I'm not the best when trying to solve PHP mysteries.

Thanks

Edited by Jet200

I get the following SQL error:

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.9.2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
-- 
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Jan 18, 2007 at 07:25 PM
-- Server version: 4.1.20
-- PHP Version: 4.3.9
-- 
-- --------------------------------------------------------
-- 
-- Table structure for table `news`
-- 
INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )
VALUES (
'367', 'News Blog', 'News Blog Configuration', 200, 1
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '367' for key 1 

And when navigating to the news page I get this (and yes I have published an article):

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../jet200.com/catalog/news.php on line 343

I'm sure it's something simple but I'm not the best when trying to solve PHP mysteries.

Thanks

Hi Jet200,

When I setup the previous version,I got the some error from my phpmyadmin,here is solution,I'm not sure if it work for you:

1.open you phpmyadmin (or some other tool),find the table:`configuration_group`,in this table ,you can find the News Blog option,delete it.

2.then,open the news blog's sql file with a text editor,run the query one by one in you myphpadmin.I did this and it words.

Hope it can help you.

About you 2nd question,open news.php in /catalog,find this line: <td class="smallText" align="right" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?>    </td>

you'll see there is only one } right below it,add one } before ?>,it looks like:

<?php

}

}

?>

I don't know how this happened ,and why,I hope the origin author can solve this problem.:)

you can see an example at:Here

the example I methion in the addon is not exist any longer,you all can try to see it via above address.

let me know if any more problem.

There is missing } here:

<?php
if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['article'] == true) {
$id = (int)tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['article']);
$news_query = tep_db_query("select n.date_created, nd.name, nd.content from " . TABLE_NEWS . " n, " . TABLE_NEWS_DESC . " nd where nd.news_id = '" . (int)$id . "' and n.id = '" . (int)$id . "' and nd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$news = tep_db_fetch_array($news_query);
?>

Should be like this:

<?php
if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['article'] == true) {
$id = (int)tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['article']);
$news_query = tep_db_query("select n.date_created, nd.name, nd.content from " . TABLE_NEWS . " n, " . TABLE_NEWS_DESC . " nd where nd.news_id = '" . (int)$id . "' and n.id = '" . (int)$id . "' and nd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$news = tep_db_fetch_array($news_query);
}
?>

Sorry for my english...

How can i get $date['month_date'] to display month name in correct language. ??? it is always displayed in english.

anyone has an idea? Thanks.

Found this code (!there are two instances of it!):

<?php
	$date_query = tep_db_query("select distinct month_date from " . TABLE_NEWS . " order by month_date asc");
	while ($date = tep_db_fetch_array($date_query)) {
?>
	<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWS, 'date=' . $date['month_date']) . '"><u>' . $date['month_date']; ?></u></a> 
<?php
	}
?>

And replace it with

<?php
	$date_query = tep_db_query("select distinct month_date from " . TABLE_NEWS . " order by month_date asc limit " . NEWS_MONTH_ROWS);
	while ($date = tep_db_fetch_array($date_query)) {
	 $arrr = explode(" ", $date['month_date']);
	 switch($arrr[0])
	{
	 case 'January':
		 $month_date = 'Январь';
	 break;
	 case 'February':
		 $month_date = 'Февраль';
	 break;
	 case 'March':
		 $month_date = 'Март';
	 break;
	 case 'April':
		 $month_date = 'Апрель';
	 break;
	 case 'May':
		 $month_date = 'Май';
	 break;
	 case 'june':
		 $month_date = 'Июнь';
	 break;
	 case 'July':
		 $month_date = 'Июль';
	 break;
	 case 'August':
		 $month_date = 'Август';
	 break;
	 case 'September':
		 $month_date = 'Сентябрь';
	 break;
	 case 'October':
		 $month_date = 'Октябрь';
	 break;
	 case 'Novermber':
		 $month_date = 'Ноябрь';
	 break;
	 case 'December':
		 $month_date = 'Декабрь';
	 break;

default:		 
		 $month_date = $arrr[0];
	}

$month_date .= ' ' . $arrr[1];

?>
	<tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWS, 'date=' . $date['month_date']) . '">' . $month_date ?></a></td>
	</tr>
<?php
}
?>

Sorry for my english...