• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RAQ4 Install !! Recommended books (anyone whant to quote?)

Tonypearce

Hi,

OK I use the RAQ to sell small amounts of space so have never been involved with MySQL PHP etc, can anyone recommend some reading material to get upto speed?

OR

Is anyone willing to give me a quote to set up the RAQ4 ?

it is from Dedicated Servers UK, this is a perfectly serious request..

Thanks

Tony Pearce

[email protected]

You can do it yourself. Download and install the PHP and mySQL packages from www.pkgmaster.com

If you really feel unable to do this I will be happy to do this for you - I own a RaQ4i myself.

Also please bookmark this page:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/patches/cobalt/raq4.eng.html

And download/install all patches you find there.

HTH

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

Hi Jan,

After a real disaster yesterday pm (RAQ web services would not resart after MySQL patch) and having to get HostEurope to sort it :(

I have decided I need proffesional help (and not just with the RAQ :wink: )

Any ideas on the cost?

Thanks

Tony Pearce

I had a Cobalt RAQ and I had no problems with it. Just make sure you read the mailing list, you only install stuff that is compatible and "does" not break the GUI.

When my lease was about to lease, I loaded a 'gump-load' of software, scripts and take it to the max. I miss Cobalt(s). I now have a SuperMicro with Plesk that is collecting dust in the COLO Center.

I can't use it to broadcast so I thought of hosting osCommerce carts. I have to research on how much resources it uses and so on...

Archived