• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I fix this error message??

Installation went great, everything seemed just fine, catalog comes up great. Admin is another story. The images aren't displaying even though the path is correct. And when I try to access the Categories/Products section, this is the message I get:

Warning: stat failed for /home/lamppost/public_html/cart/images/category_hardware.gif (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/lamppost/public_html/cart/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 218

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Permission denied means - well - permission denied.

The server process is not allowed to open your images.

Reason: You uploaded them with ftp under your username. The web server process is running under a different name.

Solution: Change the (guess what ;-) permissions on the images directory and the images - make them world-readable.

How to do this depends on your methdo of accessing the server. If you can use SSH or telnet you would do a chmod 705 on the images, with an ftp-program please read the manual.

HTH

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

I tried changing the permissions, but the error message still comes up. I also compared file by file the CHMOD settings between this cart and another one that I installed last night that is working flawlessly, and there is NO difference between the permissions settings, and no differences in the configure.php and general.php files that are apparent. Anywhere else I can look? Both admin directories are password protected, that seems to be working just fine on both, too. I'm at a loss, and I have to see this client in two hours to show him how to start using his cart...I have GOT to get this to work...

Feeling desperate... :roll:

Archived