• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is SSL required?

I have been testing OSC recently, and everything works great, better then most commercial eCommerce apps. But I cant checkout, I just get a blank page.

open SSL + mod_ssl is a beast to get running on win32, so I havent done it yet. But OSC is set to not use SSL anyhow. Is no SSL the problem, or should I be able to check out on a non-secure server?

I have done a little searching in the forums, and no one else seems to have this problem that I can find. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have been testing OSC recently, and everything works great, better then most commercial eCommerce apps.  But I cant checkout, I just get a blank page.

open SSL + mod_ssl is a beast to get running on win32, so I havent done it yet.  But OSC is set to not use SSL anyhow.  Is no SSL the problem, or should I be able to check out on a non-secure server?

I have done a little searching in the forums, and no one else seems to have this problem that I can find.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but I was unable to get mail working successfully under win, among other things it was preventing checkout.

If your mail works ok, then nevermind, otherwise try turning it off and see if you can check out.

Ed

Archived