• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Problem.....Please help

Hi.

I would firstly like to say hi to everybody as i am a newcomer to this forum and PHP & SQL in general.

I have completed the installation of my oscommerce but at the very end of the installation i get an error as below:

osCommerce

Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

New Install

Step 2: osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen("/home/sites/site39/web/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php", "w") - No such file or directory in /home/sites/site39/web/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 166

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/sites/site39/web/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 167

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/sites/site39/web/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 168

The configuration was successful!

Please could someone help me with my installation as i have limited knowledge of PHP and SQL. I would very much appreciate any help given.

The errors i have been given at the end of the installation also show on the catalog page so any visitors to the site would also see the errors in red text at the top of my store pages. If you would like to take a look at this for yourself then please use the link below. Again, thanks in advance for any help given on this. I would be very grateful.

Here is the link... http://www.mbmicro.co.uk/catalog/default.php

Regards --- Mark

I would just like to add to the above post that the errors on the top of the working shoppping cart pages are not the same as the errors i have been given at the end of the installation as in my previous post.

I would also like to add that i cannot access the administration pages. If i click on the administration button provided at the very end of the installation, internet explorer says "The url requested cannot be found".

I hope someone is able to help me on this as i would very much like to learn PHP by successfully installing and using OS-Commerce to try to gain more knowledge of PHP.

Thanks Again ... I apologise for the long posts.

Mark

I don't really know too much about PHP, but it sounds like the install page is trying to use a file description in configure.php that doesn't exist. I don't ever use the install script. What you can do is just upload both the admin and catalog directories to your server, then manually edit configure.php to use the correct data. BTW, you may wanna check out the documentation at oscdox.com, it'll probably help you out a bit.

Archived