• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctions

Trusten

I thought I saw this idea previously in the old forum posts.

Thanks for bringing this element up again Trusten!! :D

My partner and I sell items on Ebay. We would rather the winner click a link to our site to pay for the item; as well as a chance to up sell any other items he/she sees.

Has anyone modified their site to do this? :?:

(We use paypal but we would rather process the orders ourselves.)

I am a newbee to php and this forum with all of your great ideas, is really helping me to understand it!!

TIA

I too sell on ebay. It would be great if one of the contributers can come up with something. If I was more adept at programming, I'd try it (I'm just learning the basics of html now lol) :lol:

www.touchofglitter.ca

A very BASIC solution would be to create a script from scratch to do this

which harvests the final auction price and drops that in the cart along with further auction-product details... The script should be pre-defined and called from the actual Ebay page.

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

um.... like WRITING a script that does that :idea:

(or finding someone to do it for you ...)

Your script should:

1) Read the entire Ebay page it was called from into memory

2) Fetch the final price (through the standarized Ebay layout)

3) Use this price for inserting the product as if it came from the database.

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

depends on how simple it is, and how good it looks, and of course, how well it fits in with oscommerce. but i'm willing to pay.

hell, i'm sure the rest of us could make a pot and donate a certain amount to the pot, to give you a decent wager.

but remember, we wouldn't be at a 'FREE open source' shopping cart if we really wanted to pay a lot.

but remember, we wouldn't be at a 'FREE open source' shopping cart if we really wanted to pay a lot.

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not

price.

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson

I was being a bit cynical there :D

if you need it on a short term notice I am not your man, have a deadline that's breathing down my neck this october

(and here I am on these damn :twisted: forums again)

but if you don't mind waiting a bit you can always PM me

to see if we can work things out.

Matt 'I think I'll go to bed now' ice

• 2 years later...

I'm resurrecting this thread to see if any progress has been made in this regard.

I plan to sell my remnants on eBay. Could I create an invoice in oscommerce for my winning eBay bidder, and then send them a link to pay through my site?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm resurrecting this thread to see if any progress has been made in this regard. 

I plan to sell my remnants on eBay.  Could I create an invoice in oscommerce for my winning eBay bidder, and then send them a link to pay through my site?

Would be great to see a little time go into this sort of contrib. With the importance that ebay has for generating new customers something to bridge the gap would be excellent. Unfortunately my php is confined to some editing, writing scripts is way out of my league!

any support for this?

• 2 months later...

There's a contribution where you can add items to a person's shopping cart. I guess you could then send them the link to check out. But it is getting the items into the card. You could add it as an generic "ebay" product and add the auction number as an option? and enter the price. Unless of course you have the product in your database already

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...search,Populate

I think that is the right link

Archived