• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default Language Currency causes $0

It was my understanding that our site was only listing product prices in Canadian funds so I deleted all the other currencies.

I've now been told the site should list prices in Canadian or US currencies.

So I put the US currency back into "Localization/Currencies"

I then switched "Switch To Default Language Currency" ON.

The problem:

When "Switch To Default Language Currency" is ON all US prices are listed as 0 ie. zero

When "Switch To Default Language Currency" is OFF all prices list correctly.

Anyone know what's happening or what I've done wrong?

It's important for our site to have "Switch To Default Language Currency" switched ON.

Thanks

Ryan

Hi

Are you sure USD Value is setted correctly?

If you have CAD as your default currency, click on the Update Currencites button and USD will take the right value.

I hope it helps!

Best regards

• 1 year later...

I have found out something that will make the update successful. I am currently using SINGAPORE currency and kept using SGD as my code which is wrong. Please use the ISO (2) code which is SG, then you can see the difference...

Unfortunately, I am still having the problem on the pricing showing 0.

Any one can help? I need help urgently.

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

change to

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'CAD');

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 5 months later...

I also have this problem. The code i had was NO but now i need to change it to NOK and then all my prizes is shown as NOK 0.

When i press the update Currencies i get an error code about the zanda.com and it cant find the currencies.

Is there anybody that can help me?

regards

Thomas

If you are unable to update currencies via oanda then your currency settings are incorrect. This is not a problem with osCommerce but with your currency settings. I do not know which currency you refer to but are you sure that the 3 letter code you are using is the correct 3 letter code which is internationally recognised for that currency?

Vger

I also have this problem. The code i had was NO but now i need to change it to NOK and then all my prizes is shown as NOK 0.

When i press the update Currencies i get an error code about the zanda.com and it cant find the currencies.

Is there anybody that can help me?

regards

Thomas

If you are unable to update currencies via oanda then your currency settings are incorrect.  This is not a problem with osCommerce but with your currency settings.  I do not know which currency you refer to but are you sure that the 3 letter code you are using is the correct 3 letter code which is internationally recognised for that currency?

Vger

Yes i'm sure that is the rigth code. And i have checked on oanda and i can find it by searching there. This is the norwegian currencies.

Archived