Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation gone bad


Guest

Recommended Posts

I followed the installation instructions exactly and after reaching the final "configuration successful" page, I get two errors (1 for the catalog, and 1 for the admin).

 

 

When clicking the "catalog" button:

 

Fatal error: Class messagestack: Cannot inherit from undefined class tablebox in /home/httpd/vhosts/acousticfuel.com/httpdocs/catalog/includes/classes/message_stack.php on line 20

 

When clicking the "administration tool" button:

 

Fatal error: Class box: Cannot inherit from undefined class tableblock in /home/httpd/vhosts/acousticfuel.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/classes/box.php on line 26

 

 

I've tried a couple searches here in the forum to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction?

 

 

Bro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got it working by re-uploading a bunch of the .php files in the 2 includes folders. Looks functional but I am showing some weird text on the bottom of the admin page:

 

function SetFocus() { if (document.forms.length > 0) { var field = document.forms[0]; for (i=0; i

 

Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might get a reply if you let someone know what OS you are installing on and is it a localhost or hosted.

 

Did you look at those lines of code to see what they refered to? And did you upload a fresh copy of those to files.

 

What files have you modified if any? It is always a good idea to modify one file at a time so you know exactly what you have done to cause errors.

 

What catalog button?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually figured out the original problem. It's just the second issue that remains.

 

On the bottom of every section of the admin, the following line of code is located at the bottom of each page:

 

function SetFocus() { if (document.forms.length > 0) { var field = document.forms[0]; for (i=0; i

 

As far as the install specifics:

 

Apache server hosted with Apollo. Pretty standard server environment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to push this one back to the top with some more information in hopes someone might be able to help me with this problem.

 

I actually figured out the original problem. It's just the second issue that remains.

 

In the past couple days I managed to install the ap and figure out the customization I needed to skin the cart so that it matches the site it will be installed on. You can view the cart here.

 

I'm at the point where I just need to apply a bunch of detailed (CSS) styles to complete the project, but there are two bugs (which I think may be related) that I don't know where to begin troubleshooting at. Unfortunately the many different searches I've tried on this forum have come up null.

 

Issue 1- The following line of text displays on the bottom of my admin pages:

function SetFocus() { if (document.forms.length > 0) { var field = document.forms[0]; for (i=0; i

It is obviously truncated and looks like some sort of javascript malfunction. If you would like to take a look at what I'm talking about, I have taken the password protection off of the admin section for you and you can view the problem here.

 

Issue 2 - I can not enter a product into my store. The interface appears to go through the steps correctly to enter a product, and even gives me a message saying something like, "the product has been added to the store". After this is complete though, a simple check of the category in which the product was entered shows "0 products". This one seems like a classic case of me just doing something extremely basic incorrectly, but my paranoid side wants to believe that somehow both issues are related.

 

Any contributions are appreciated.

 

Bro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

admin issues first Looks like you had a password protect on your admin that has a wrong code.

 

This is the broken code found on your admin index and seems to have broke your php as < is html coding and that is why you can see it on the page.

 

for (i=0; i<field.length; i++) {

if ( (field.elements.type != "image") &&

(field.elements.type != "hidden") &&

(field.elements.type != "reset") &&

(field.elements.type != "submit") ) {

 

document.forms[0].elements.focus();

 

if ( (field.elements.type == "text") ||

(field.elements.type == "password") )

document.forms[0].elements.select();

 

break;

}

}

}

}

 

function rowOverEffect(object) {

if (object.className == 'dataTableRow') object.className = 'dataTableRowOver';

}

 

function rowOutEffect(object) {

if (object.className == 'dataTableRowOver') object.className = 'dataTableRow';

}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you usernameone.

 

Sure enough you pointed me in the right direction. I now understand the logic to a problem like that. The strategy is to view source and then reverse engineer through all the different files until you find the source file of the broken code.

 

In this particular case, my ftp client (CuteFTP) had misnamed two files upon upload. It had the general.js javascript file (source of the broken code) titled as the footer.php file and the actual footer.php file titled as general.js. Re-uploading those two files solved both problems.

 

Again, thanks for taking a little time out of your day to help a brother out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...